Star Wars get PG-13 rating?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know this is a tame topic but I generally feel that the government shouldn't be involved in rating movies. A lot of movies get a PG or PG-13 rating depending on their content but a lot of creators might feel pressure to alter their script in order to get the rating that they feel will get the most people in the theatre. It destroys creativity and the rating system may not even cater to all people.

Why not let private organizations do that? Their are many religious and not so religious organizations might rate a movie in accordance to their own guidelines which may appeal to their own people. Catholics may think that a movie gets an X rating because it makes references to birth control but to #blacklivesmatter they may give a movie the same rating because there was to many white people in it. By getting the government out we may actually create a better system that caters to more individualized groups.

It's sort of stupid, anyone can download it the first week a movie comes out if they know where to look for it

• Banned
The MPAA's movie-rating system is not issued by the government.

Well the government does apply a lot of pressure to it. It just seems like whenever someone's mom is upset they storm into washington to complain about video game violence.

Well the government does apply a lot of pressure to it. It just seems like whenever someone's mom is upset they storm into washington to complain about video game violence.

The ESRB video game-rating system is also voluntary and is not enforced by any law in this nation.

I do think both rating systems are silly though. lol

The ESRB video game-rating system is also voluntary and is not enforced by any law in this nation.

The ratings system is a valuable tool for parents. It isn't silly in the slightest. It gives a general idea of the maturity level of the content.

The ratings system is a valuable tool for parents. It isn't silly in the slightest.

I would be willing to the bet the farm that most parents don't pay the slightest bit of attention to the ESRB rating system. Movies? Sure. Video games? Not hardly.

It's sort of stupid, anyone can download it the first week a movie comes out if they know where to look for it

SmellyIrishAss admitting she's a criminal. Interesting.[/QUOT

SmellyIrishAss admitting she's a criminal. Interesting.

Having the knowledge and ability is not a crime dimwit.

Cut Carby some slack, dude...he's a little slow, after all...

He's a little snowflake. That an ankle snapping moron.

SmellyIrishAss admitting she's a criminal. Interesting.

Like anyone cares what a wrinkled old snowflake like you posts. Advice for you, get past your issues, you come across like a bitter old fool, mad at the man because YOU failed in life. Your classic dumb ass Liberal

Forum List

Back