Star Wars Battlefront

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Recently got this game (for XBOX) and I would like to say blasting away tauntauns with an AT-AT's forward cannon to the sound of the imperial march is truly a great pleasure.

This game really is a lot of fun. There are a number of different boards from the classic Battle of Hoth, to the final scene of Episode II on the plains of Geonosis.

On the online play you can have, I think, up to 14 real players, and a whole slew of computer controlled bots on either side including the option for heroes like Luke, Vader, and Dooku. Word of advice: If you see a hero, and they are hard to miss (the light sabre is a dead give away) save your ammo and just avoid them, they will kill you and there won't be much (read: anything) you can do about it.

Other locales include Camino, Cloud City, the forest moon of Endor, Naboo, and others.

Most boards offer either Clone Army vs. Droid army or Rebel vs. Empire, but there are a few boards that provide a choice.

If you've ever played Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield Vietnam it's similar in design to those (I never have but I'm told) in that if you see a vehicle, go ahead and jump in it if you want.

So far I've flown/driven/rode TIE Interceptors, TIE bombers, AT-ST's, AT-AT's, snow speeders (Hoth), scout speeders (Endor), Clone army walkers, CIS spider walkers, and tauntauns.

I've also seen X-Wings, A-Wings, those Droid tanks with the two large askew wheels and multiple missile launchers (from Geonosis), Clone army air support vehicles, droid cannon tanks (from Naboo) and others.

Every faction has a sniper rifle unit, a missile launcher unit, and a blaster rifle unit. The Clone army also has a few purely anti-droid weapons, and other factions have a few other specialized units you can be.

Yes, you can be a droideka, yes, you can roll, and yes, you can activate a personal deflector shield.

oh yea this game is freakin sweet. One drawback is that when playing on a LAN with friends, the AI players are complete morons. It took us all of a half hour to figure out how to own every map on hard. Kind of lost its fun after that. Online does open up some new enticements though.

Does it have a non-Internet multiplayer mode? My friends and I can't afford X-Box Live, or high-speed internet for that matter.

droideka??

That something from the 'new, horrible' SW trilogy?

For some reason, I can't find much good about the newer movies, nor can I appreciate what they have to offer.

This game, however, may be worth it simply for the classic battle locations.

Dan said:
Does it have a non-Internet multiplayer mode? My friends and I can't afford X-Box Live, or high-speed internet for that matter.
Well... You can play a co-op or you can play on different sides of the mission.
no head to head like Halo. It's more like the mission on Unreal Tournament
where you have to obtain command posts on the battlfield and the team
who controls the whole battlefield wins. There are also hundreds of retarded
bots on this mode too. The main problem with playing a vs game is finding
the other person. Still fun though. Me and my wife unlocked everything on hard
last night, nothing special....just some still frames.

PS I told you this game was cool Z!

-=d=- said:
droideka??

For some reason, I can't find much good about the newer movies, nor can I appreciate what they have to offer.

This game, however, may be worth it simply for the classic battle locations.
Ya they are the big rolly polly droids from episode 1 & 2!

Game is worth it, You can even hook a tow cable to an AT AT's legs and wrap
them up to watch em fall like in Empire Strikes Back. The only thing I don't
like is you can't go head to head and you can't play as a Jedi!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ya they are the big rolly polly droids from episode 1 & 2!

Game is worth it, You can even hook a tow cable to an AT AT's legs and wrap
them up to watch em fall like in Empire Strikes Back. The only thing I don't

Once was a game like that for Atari; my kids loved it. It was pretty tough getting the snow speeder to circle the AT AT to wrap the cable. I may have to give this game a try.

CSM said:
Once was a game like that for Atari; my kids loved it. It was pretty tough getting the snow speeder to circle the AT AT to wrap the cable. I may have to give this game a try.
I remember that one!
I like the engine on Knights of the Old Republic a lot better.
Maybe in time we can have the perfect Star Wars game.

Knights of the Old Republic was one of the better console games I've ever played, and they are making a sequel.

It was pretty tough getting the snow speeder to circle the AT AT to wrap the cable.

I've walked across the wind swept glacial plains of Hoth in an AT-AT, and I've destroyed the shield generator.

I have once been tripped, I've once abandoned my AT-AT before I was tripped, and I've also managed to destroy two speeders trying to trip me (just keep walking, and hope they fly into you), and best of all I've run into the rebel hangar, stole a snow speeder, and started firing at other speeders trying to trip other AT-AT's. Mwahaha.

The only thing I don't

What do you mean head to head? And you know if you could be a Jedi, everyone would want to be one. Though perhaps they could have allowed it in the Geonosis level...

-=d=- said:
droideka??

It's actually one of the many (yes many) good things from the new triology. They are these droids with dual laser blasters on each arm that also project a personal deflector shield that repulses laser blasts (in the game the shield can only take so much damage)

Zhukov said:
Knights of the Old Republic was one of the better console games I've ever played, and they are making a sequel.

I've walked across the wind swept glacial plains of Hoth in an AT-AT, and I've destroyed the shield generator.

I have once been tripped, I've once abandoned my AT-AT before I was tripped, and I've also managed to destroy two speeders trying to trip me (just keep walking, and hope they fly into you), and best of all I've run into the rebel hangar, stole a snow speeder, and started firing at other speeders trying to trip other AT-AT's. Mwahaha.

What do you mean head to head? And you know if you could be a Jedi, everyone would want to be one. Though perhaps they could have allowed it in the Geonosis level...

It's actually one of the many (yes many) good things from the new triology. They are these droids with dual laser blasters on each arm that also project a personal deflector shield that repulses laser blasts (in the game the shield can only take so much damage)
By head to head I mean you can't play vs one on one without all of the
retarded bots. Like in Halo

JOKER96BRAVO said:
By head to head I mean you can't play vs one on one without all of the
retarded bots. Like in Halo

Are you sure? Create a map, and when you do set the 'bot' number to zero. I'm pretty sure you can. Or does it only go down to like 4?

I haven't had power at home for like a week, so I haven't been able to play it.

When you create a match for online play you can adjust the options, such as how many live players you want to be able to connect and how many bots you want running around. I forget the exact bot amount range, but I thought it went down to zero.

Ahhh, I should have said you can't play head to head without going online.
That's what I'm pissed off about, can't play one on one with just two people
on the board, no mission, no command post, just kill the hell out of eachother.
Like in Halo!

I had a tough exam yesterday so I decided to blow off my english class and rent a game. I heard good things about st:bf and I ended up playing for 7 hours straight. It was great and pathetic all at the same time.

The sense of scale and you get from some of the vehicles is cool, like the at-ats and some of the battle really do feel epic like hoth or tatoine:plains.

Forum List

Back