'Star Wars' actor: Obama's like Obi-Wan

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Of all the “Star Wars” characters, Mark Hamill thinks President Obama is most like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Well he's very wise. He's got a sort of, probably, a cross between Obi-Wan and Yoda," the actor, who played Luke Skywalker, said on “The Young Turks”. “I so revere him, I'm going to have to go with the Sir Alec Guinness character, Obi-Wan."

Hamill has previously described Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as “not actually human” and “a snake oil salesman.”

'Star Wars' actor: Obama's like Obi-Wan - POLITICO.com

Well that's utterly ridiculous. Obi-Wan never blew up innocent civilians with drones. If anything, Obama's most like Governor Tarkin who used the Death Star to blow up Alderaan.

Of all the “Star Wars” characters, Mark Hamill thinks President Obama is most like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Well he's very wise. He's got a sort of, probably, a cross between Obi-Wan and Yoda," the actor, who played Luke Skywalker, said on “The Young Turks”. “I so revere him, I'm going to have to go with the Sir Alec Guinness character, Obi-Wan."

Hamill has previously described Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as “not actually human” and “a snake oil salesman.”

Well that's utterly ridiculous. Obi-Wan never blew up innocent civilians with drones. If anything, Obama's most like Governor Tarkin who used the Death Star to blow up Alderaan.
As the subject has been broached about associations between American politics and the Star Wars saga:

In the DVD edition of Star Wars III "Revenge of the Sith", George Lucas and his associates provide a running commentary to the movie as a separate audio track. On that track he explains the philosophy and motivation behind the Star Wars motion picture saga. He makes a statement that Richard Nixon, when he was President, wanted to get the Constitution amended so that he could serve a third term. This was evidence of a power grab on Nixon's part similar to what Lucas believes is embodied in the Star Wars Republic Chancellor's plot to become Emperor. The problem is that I am not familiar with any documentation that Nixon ever entertained the notion of getting the Constitution amended and consequently then serving a third term. So does George Lucas have a bogus grasp of certain aspects of American History?

As the subject has been broached about associations between American politics and the Star Wars saga:

In the DVD edition of Star Wars III "Revenge of the Sith", George Lucas and his associates provide a running commentary to the movie as a separate audio track. On that track he explains the philosophy and motivation behind the Star Wars motion picture saga. He makes a statement that Richard Nixon, when he was President, wanted to get the Constitution amended so that he could serve a third term. This was evidence of a power grab on Nixon's part similar to what Lucas believes is embodied in the Star Wars Republic Chancellor's plot to become Emperor. The problem is that I am not familiar with any documentation that Nixon ever entertained the notion of getting the Constitution amended and consequently then serving a third term. So does George Lucas have a bogus grasp of certain aspects of American History?

Would that be so surprising?

obama-star-trek.jpg

Would that be so surprising?

If the assertion made by this poster (below) is valid, it would seem that George Lucas' view of the Nixon Administration was based more on anti-war propaganda than historical accuracy.
36ikbb.jpg

213825_original.jpg

Last edited:

Gee, what does that make bush, who blew up HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of civilians?

You people are a HOOOOT.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gee, what does that make bush, who blew up HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of civilians?

You people are a HOOOOT.

:lol::lol::lol:

That makes him... wait for it... Governor Tarkin.

There's no difference between Bush and Obama. I know that hurts your partisan sensibilities.

Forum List

Back