Star Trek

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
I'm watching re-runs of the 1980's Star Trek movies. Great fun.

If they had today's special effects technology back then!

I'm mesmerised by Captain Kirk's beauty. He looks nothing like the William Shatner of today.

Part of what made Star Trek great was lack of special effects. They had to rely more on characters and stories. The later Star Trek movies brought in modern special effects which was cool but to me it didn't seem like Star Trek.

• Banned
Part of what made Star Trek great was lack of special effects. They had to rely more on characters and stories. The later Star Trek movies brought in modern special effects which was cool but to me it didn't seem like Star Trek.

I'm enjoying them more now than then. One reason being: the original cast. Interesting plots, especially the one about Voyager searching for its "creator". Great interaction and dialogue between Spock and the doctor. Love the soundtrack scores.

But Ricardo Montalban hamming it up as Khan. Hilarious!

I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie, but I certainlly enjoy the Star Trek series. Came out when I was a jr. in HS. Actually some of the plots were well written.

I'm enjoying them more now than then. One reason being: the original cast. Interesting plots, especially the one about Voyager searching for its "creator". Great interaction and dialogue between Spock and the doctor. Love the soundtrack scores.

oh come on! Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a recycled plot line. They're lucky it didn't kill the franchise.

the motion picture was hard to watch

the rest did very good though
there's a good movie somewhere buried in V, but something somewhere happened that ruined it.

The ST:TNG movies are best ignored, the notable exception being First Contact

yet he had a cult following after that movie.....people loved ricardo as khan

• Banned

yet he had a cult following after that movie.....people loved ricardo as khan

I can imagine. With that bad wig, and the big necklace.

I'm watching re-runs of the 1980's Star Trek movies. Great fun.

If they had today's special effects technology back then!

I'm mesmerised by Captain Kirk's beauty. He looks nothing like the William Shatner of today.

The original Star Trek aired between 66 and 69. The pilot of the original Star Trek, two hours long was not released until 69 and the best.

I think the success of the films was due in part to the dynamics and chemistry of the actors. And it was continuous.

Now, most of them are dead, I think.

Forum List

Back