Star Trek - Something To Look Forward To

So we'll get a scene with Kirk strapped to a chair and Khan slinging his fold-up razor as Stuck In The Middle With You plays in the background.

This looks like a terrible fit so we'll have to wait and see what Tarantino comes up with. "You know what they call a quarter-pounder with cheese on Rigel 7?"

Any work of fiction that requires an R rating is written by worthless idiots who need sex and violence to cover for their lack of writing skills. If it is R then it will be the first ST I have never or will ever see.

Um, hey, you know, sex and violence are things that happen.

There was plenty of sex and violence on Star Trek even back to the 1960's, it was just sanitized. Like the episode (Blink of an Eye) where the lady was brushing her hair and Kirk was putting his boots back on when they came back from commercial. Doesn't take a genius to realize what happened.

The reality is, Hollywood gives us plenty of PG Violence, and very little sex, even in R movies.

So we'll get a scene with Kirk strapped to a chair and Khan slinging his fold-up razor as Stuck In The Middle With You plays in the background.

This looks like a terrible fit so we'll have to wait and see what Tarantino comes up with. "You know what they call a quarter-pounder with cheese on Rigel 7?"

Now there's a valid complaint. Tarentino has a certain movie making style that really doesn't mesh with the wonderful optimistic view of Star Trek.

Any work of fiction that requires an R rating is written by worthless idiots who need sex and violence to cover for their lack of writing skills. If it is R then it will be the first ST I have never or will ever see.

Um, hey, you know, sex and violence are things that happen.

There was plenty of sex and violence on Star Trek even back to the 1960's, it was just sanitized. Like the episode (Blink of an Eye) where the lady was brushing her hair and Kirk was putting his boots back on when they came back from commercial. Doesn't take a genius to realize what happened.

The reality is, Hollywood gives us plenty of PG Violence, and very little sex, even in R movies.
People who rely on special effects to show gore have zero talent. People who show gore in films are just morons. People who go like seeing gore in films are perverted freaks who should not be walking free in society.

People who rely on special effects to show gore have zero talent.

Um, buddy, all gore you see in film is a special effect. Some of them are CGI and some of them are practical effects.

What you think they are killing people for real?

People who show gore in films are just morons.

Or they are using it as a story telling device. Personally, my biggest problem is that violence is too sanitized in movies. We never see the results of people being shot, and they are usually shown as 'having it coming'.

Maybe if they did "Sandy Hook: The Motion Picture" with graphic detail, we'd actually have serious conversations about violence in this country.

People who go like seeing gore in films are perverted freaks who should not be walking free in society.

Um, yeah. So millions of people watch these movies, bud. Are they all "perverted freaks"?

those 2 followed the trek timeline and history....enterprise fucked it up.....

Yes, Enterprise did a number on continuity, and then tried to fix everything in Season 4 when no one was paying attention anymore.
i blame rick berman for that one....

I blame Brannon Braga more, because the guy didn't know jack shit about Trek when he was hired and never bothered to learn.

For instance, when he was writing "Generations", he thought Zephrame Cochran was a woman, not knowing that he was a man and had appeared in a TOS episode.

I think by the time Enterprise rolled around, he got so snippy with the continuity purists he was just doing things to annoy them, and then wondering why no one was watching the show.

those 2 followed the trek timeline and history....enterprise fucked it up.....

Yes, Enterprise did a number on continuity, and then tried to fix everything in Season 4 when no one was paying attention anymore.
i blame rick berman for that one....

I blame Brannon Braga more, because the guy didn't know jack shit about Trek when he was hired and never bothered to learn.

For instance, when he was writing "Generations", he thought Zephrame Cochran was a woman, not knowing that he was a man and had appeared in a TOS episode.

I think by the time Enterprise rolled around, he got so snippy with the continuity purists he was just doing things to annoy them, and then wondering why no one was watching the show.
yea he gets some of the blame but berman was the guy who was in charge of the franchise at that time...he could have set him straight or got rid of him....

People who rely on special effects to show gore have zero talent.

Um, buddy, all gore you see in film is a special effect. Some of them are CGI and some of them are practical effects.

What you think they are killing people for real?

People who show gore in films are just morons.

Or they are using it as a story telling device. Personally, my biggest problem is that violence is too sanitized in movies. We never see the results of people being shot, and they are usually shown as 'having it coming'.

Maybe if they did "Sandy Hook: The Motion Picture" with graphic detail, we'd actually have serious conversations about violence in this country.

People who go like seeing gore in films are perverted freaks who should not be walking free in society.

Um, yeah. So millions of people watch these movies, bud. Are they all "perverted freaks"?
Your are either really dense or really stupid. Or both.

That actually may be a real improvement, albeit in a whacky way. All of the recent Star Trek over the past several years has been a deliberately dumbed-down, lobotomized, video-game embarrassment to previous Star Treks like Capt. Kirk or Capt Picard. Like Star Wars, Star Trek is under the control of intellectual retards who never bothered to watch either one and are proud of it. Complete SJW credins who simply want to suck money out of both franchises and want to destroy and insult everything about it. Tarantino could hardly do a worse job of Star Trek than any of its recent makers I wish would rot in hell.

Now there's a valid complaint. Tarentino has a certain movie making style that really doesn't mesh with the wonderful optimistic view of Star Trek.

I'm a fan of Tarantino's work, but that would be my worry if he took a turn with Star Trek; his previous work does not give any indication he'd make a good Star Trek movie.

I'm a fan of Tarantino's work, but that would be my worry if he took a turn with Star Trek; his previous work does not give any indication he'd make a good Star Trek movie.

They haven't made a "Good" Star Trek movie since 1991... so there's that.

I wonder if Star Trek can even be translated to the big screen anymore. We kind of expect action schlock and lots of big explosions, but that was never what Star Trek should have been about.

They haven't made a "Good" Star Trek movie since 1991... so there's that.

I wonder if Star Trek can even be translated to the big screen anymore. We kind of expect action schlock and lots of big explosions, but that was never what Star Trek should have been about.

I don't mind the reboot movies, although the last one was bad. They certainly don't live up to Undiscovered Country or Khan, and they are too much just cashing in on the franchise, but the first couple are still watchable movies. I agree that Undiscovered Country was the last Trek movie I came out of thinking, "Yeah, that was a good one!" The Next Generation movies were too much like long episodes, rather than movies. Even most of the original movies weren't great; I've gone back and watched all of the Star Trek movies and found 3, 4, and 5 to all be sub-par. Star Trek often gets more credit for being great than it should, IMO.

Forum List

Back