Star Trek: One More Time

I'll watch it.

I've enjoyed almost all of the Star Trek movies and TV Series'.

Deep Space Nine was criminally underrated.

I hope this one is good! :thup:

Will you watch?

I'll probably watch the opener out of curiosity but won't pay money to CBS to see the series. The premise is not fresh beyond the lady Captain and XO.

'Star Trek: Discovery' to Tackle Trump-Era Political Divide
From what I've read about it, no. I'll watch the series opener at most. From what I've seen of the design of the Enterprise, it looks to be pretty pathetic. A lot of people were upset by that design. lol It looks like shit.

Nope, from everything I've heard about ST: Discovery it will be every bit as clumsy, SJW-harrassing the viewer (other Star Trek let their diversity function as a casual, everyday thing) embarrassing and horribly dumbed down as Jar Jar Abrams horrid mockery of Star Trek movies. I can't tell you how the hyperactive, jackhammer-in-the-brain, stupid 2009 cine-feces ended because I walked out during the last half hour. I hated it so bad that I figured whatever I paid to get in, it was worth MORE to get out. Not only is it the worst Star Trek I've ever seen, not only is it the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've NEVER seen a megabudget movie more incompetent on a technical level. The lens flares, obnoxious set design lighting & cinematography, etc., etc. J.J. Abrams Trek has zero redeeming qualities of any kind. I haven't watched any newer Trek since that 2009 utter miscarriage of sci-fi.

My point being, everything points to Discovery as being in the same DELIBERATELY dumbed-down, obnoxious vein. And has so many talentless idiots involved, NOTHING good can come from it.

If the 2009 Star Trek is the worst movie you have ever seen, you must have seen very few movies. :p

Try Lou Ferrigno's Hercules.

Yay, the BBCrap is putting on the classic Gorn episode. Which has the oddly cheesy yet wildly suspenseful fight between Kirk and that reptilian, hissing Gorn! Fun times!

Nope, from everything I've heard about ST: Discovery it will be every bit as clumsy, SJW-harrassing the viewer (other Star Trek let their diversity function as a casual, everyday thing) embarrassing and horribly dumbed down as Jar Jar Abrams horrid mockery of Star Trek movies. I can't tell you how the hyperactive, jackhammer-in-the-brain, stupid 2009 cine-feces ended because I walked out during the last half hour. I hated it so bad that I figured whatever I paid to get in, it was worth MORE to get out. Not only is it the worst Star Trek I've ever seen, not only is it the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've NEVER seen a megabudget movie more incompetent on a technical level. The lens flares, obnoxious set design lighting & cinematography, etc., etc. J.J. Abrams Trek has zero redeeming qualities of any kind. I haven't watched any newer Trek since that 2009 utter miscarriage of sci-fi.

My point being, everything points to Discovery as being in the same DELIBERATELY dumbed-down, obnoxious vein. And has so many talentless idiots involved, NOTHING good can come from it.

If the 2009 Star Trek is the worst movie you have ever seen, you must have seen very few movies. :p

Try Lou Ferrigno's Hercules.

As a matter of fact I have! That 1983 Hercules movie happens to be one of my favorite guilty-pleasure bad movies because it was impossible to take seriously. It was a low-budget movie that was literally so bad it was good. It was hilarious the way Ferrigno always hurled large objects into space whenever he was upset. And for some bizarre reason, it made pinball-machine sound effects every time he did! I found that ridiculous Hercules movie funnier than 99% of the comedies out there.

The Ferrigno Hercules movie reminded me of a bunch of kids dressing up and playing Greek mythology adventures. Maybe that's why I found the movie's awfulness at cute as I did.

Last edited:
Will you watch?

I'll probably watch the opener out of curiosity but won't pay money to CBS to see the series. The premise is not fresh beyond the lady Captain and XO.

Well, already a couple strikes against:

• CBS actually TURNED DOWN Star Trek in the 1960s for Lost In Space; ironic that now they want to profit from it.
  • The new show carries nothing of the original vision of Gene Roddenberry I can see.
  • The Original Series was the best because in the first season, Roddenberry had his hands full doing the work of six people these days; his main focus was on SEX. Halfway through the first season and thereafter, Gene Coon took over and gave Star Trek the humor and camaraderie everyone loves. But in The Next Generation, Roddenberry tried his Libtard vision and it failed, so after the first season there was much less of it.
  • Right away I can see the flaw of Star Trek Discovery: rather than design the cast around good stories, they are designing the stories around the cast------ and they are making cast choices not based on story-potential but on promoting political views: the first officer isn't black because it makes for better stories, she is black just to be BLACK. And the Captain (?) is gay not because it makes for better stories, but just so he is GAY. So how do we even know he is gay? Will they be rubbing it in my face as he french kisses another man? Turn that shit off. I don't watch TV to have someone's political views shoved down my throat, as it were.
  • The first episode of Discovery is on Sunday night the 24th at about 8:30PM EDT depending on football. I will watch it, but will NOT subscribe to CBS Direct so I can watch ONE TV show on my computer monitor! I watch TV on my 60 inch screen.
  • Lastly, The Orville beat CBS to the punchline and it was GREAT. Produced by veteran Star Trek guy Brannon Braga. On network TV and with the much-needed twist of light humor much in the style of Family Guy, the CGI is top notch, set design excellent, characters are all great, and writing was super! It can only get better. I look forward to the SECOND episode.

Oh and BTW, the black lady says she was the first black leading character in Star Trek? I'll give you that Uhura wasn't a LEADING character, but what the hell was Avery Brooks, LaVar Burton, Michael Dorn, and Tim Russ? Steamed cabbage?

Will you watch?

Well, already a couple strikes against:

• CBS actually TURNED DOWN Star Trek in the 1960s for Lost In Space; ironic that now they want to profit from it.
  • The new show carries nothing of the original vision of Gene Roddenberry I can see.
  • The Original Series was the best because in the first season, Roddenberry had his hands full doing the work of six people these days; his main focus was on SEX. Halfway through the first season and thereafter, Gene Coon took over and gave Star Trek the humor and camaraderie everyone loves. But in The Next Generation, Roddenberry tried his Libtard vision and it failed, so after the first season there was much less of it.
  • Right away I can see the flaw of Star Trek Discovery: rather than design the cast around good stories, they are designing the stories around the cast------ and they are making cast choices not based on story-potential but on promoting political views: the first officer isn't black because it makes for better stories, she is black just to be BLACK. And the Captain (?) is gay not because it makes for better stories, but just so he is GAY. So how do we even know he is gay? Will they be rubbing it in my face as he french kisses another man? Turn that shit off. I don't watch TV to have someone's political views shoved down my throat, as it were.
  • The first episode of Discovery is on Sunday night the 24th at about 8:30PM EDT depending on football. I will watch it, but will NOT subscribe to CBS Direct so I can watch ONE TV show on my computer monitor! I watch TV on my 60 inch screen.
  • Lastly, The Orville beat CBS to the punchline and it was GREAT. Produced by veteran Star Trek guy Brannon Braga. On network TV and with the much-needed twist of light humor much in the style of Family Guy, the CGI is top notch, set design excellent, characters are all great, and writing was super! It can only get better. I look forward to the SECOND episode.

The race of any character in Star Trek is unlikely to make better or worse stories. It just doesn't matter in the context of the show. I don't know how much Martin-Green being black played into her casting, and how much was just an attempt to draw in The Walking Dead fans.

If showing a gay character being romantically intimate is to "have someone's political views shoved down my throat," does that mean having a straight character being romantically intimate with someone also having someone's political views shoved down your throat? Or is that only the case if the character is gay? Yes, this may well have been the creators/producers just wanting to have a prominent gay character.

I watched a bit of The Orville and did not like it at all. It seemed confused about what it wanted to be, and that led to the drama not being compelling, while the humor wasn't funny. I am a fan of Family Guy, but The Orville was not even vaguely like that show, other than hearing MacFarlane's voice.

I'll give Discovery a shot with the first episode, but I agree that paying for a streaming service to watch one show is pretty silly, unless that show is amazing.

Oh and BTW, the black lady says she was the first black leading character in Star Trek? I'll give you that Uhura wasn't a LEADING character, but what the hell was Avery Brooks, LaVar Burton, Michael Dorn, and Tim Russ? Steamed cabbage?

From what I've read, Martin-Green said she is the first black female lead in a Star Trek show.

And of your list, only Avery Brooks was a lead character, so far as I know. Uhura, Worf, La Forge, and Tuvok were all secondary characters.

i thought the Orville was pretty good.....confused about what it wants to be?....and why would the show be like family guy?.....Stewie and Brian are the best things on that show....otherwise that show has gone past its expiration date....

i thought the Orville was pretty good.....confused about what it wants to be?....and why would the show be like family guy?.....Stewie and Brian are the best things on that show....otherwise that show has gone past its expiration date....

Yes, confused. The show, at least the first 15 minutes or so, couldn't decide if it was a drama or a comedy, and failed to do a good job at both. The jokes fell flat, and the characters were not overly interesting or sympathetic. It's like the writers couldn't decide if they want the show to be Star Trek or Galaxy Quest.

Yes, confused. The show, at least the first 15 minutes or so, couldn't decide if it was a drama or a comedy, and failed to do a good job at both. The jokes fell flat, and the characters were not overly interesting or sympathetic. It's like the writers couldn't decide if they want the show to be Star Trek or Galaxy Quest.
like many shows montro you have to give it a few episodes......TNG took the whole 1st season to be what they turned into...

like many shows montro you have to give it a few episodes......TNG took the whole 1st season to be what they turned into...

I remember enjoying TNG from the start. Also, I don't think that show was really confused about what kind of show it was; it may have just taken some time to figure out how it was going to go about it, but it knew what it was from the start. I didn't see anything in The Orville to make me want to keep watching, and I certainly haven't seen anything from MacFarlane to trust him with a drama. :)

Nope, from everything I've heard about ST: Discovery it will be every bit as clumsy, SJW-harrassing the viewer (other Star Trek let their diversity function as a casual, everyday thing) embarrassing and horribly dumbed down as Jar Jar Abrams horrid mockery of Star Trek movies.
You poor cuck. Better find your safe space now before they're all gone!

The 2009 reboot is a fantastic movie. Karl Urban is a perfect Dr. McCoy.

Deep Space Nine was criminally underrated.
Yup. I thought Voyager was very good, action and alien-wise. The Kayzon, Species 8472, The Borg... And I don't care what anyone says, Captain Janeway was an awesome character. Tough as nails and always ready to fight.

But in The Next Generation, Roddenberry tried his Libtard vision and it failed
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Forum List

Back