Star Trek: One More Time

I'm baffled by some of these responses. I didn't find it boring or slow.

Funny how in this thread is the opinion that the movie reboot is all space cowboy action with no contemplation, and there's also the opinion that the new show is all thought, no action.

I don't think the show had a lot of thought. My problem with it was the pacing.

Also, on principle, I really don't like what CBS is doing with this show. "Here's half a story. Pay us a bunch of money if you want to see the rest of it! "

I disagree about the pacing, but I agree with the attempt to get people to pay for All Access. This show isn't enough to get me to buy their subscription.

Funny how in this thread is the opinion that the movie reboot is all space cowboy action with no contemplation, and there's also the opinion that the new show is all thought, no action.

Also, on principle, I really don't like what CBS is doing with this show. "Here's half a story. Pay us a bunch of money if you want to see the rest of it! "
that might just bite them in the ass.....same with making the Doctor a woman....

that might just bite them in the ass.....same with making the Doctor a woman....
I like having a woman Doctor Who.

But I've never watched the show.

then how would you know?.....would you like to be a man trapped in a womans body?...maybe you shouldnt answer that....lol...

Doctor Who is a man, a non-effeminate man. This coming season they're literally giving this character a sex change. And, how does that work? A woman actor acting like a man? Or, does having a vag magically change a man's pattern of conduct into that of woman? It's stupid, either way they go.

Political Correctness, the pursuit of perversion, is the father of stupidity. And, back to the new Star Trek where we have small women living soft lives overpowering large warriors. And, they handle math and physics like they have a man's brain. Ironically, Political Correctness is having women function as men. They should give them beards.

Doctor Who is a man, a non-effeminate man.

Obviously, you've forgotten Colin Baker's Sixth Doctor...

This coming season they're literally giving this character a sex change. And, how does that work? A woman actor acting like a man? Or, does having a vag magically change a man's pattern of conduct into that of woman? It's stupid, either way they go.

Um, they've changed the actor playing the Doctor 12 times previously, and each actor had a different personality than the one that preceded him. Come on, you'll accept a guy who can change his appearance travelling around in a magic phone box, but you turn him into a woman and you freak out?

The thing is, they've already established that members of the Doctor's race can change genders when they regenerate. The Doctor's nemesis the Master changed into a woman three seasons ago, and it was actually pretty well done.

Political Correctness, the pursuit of perversion, is the father of stupidity. And, back to the new Star Trek where we have small women living soft lives overpowering large warriors. And, they handle math and physics like they have a man's brain. Ironically, Political Correctness is having women function as men. They should give them beards.

Um, Star Trek has been pretty "Politically Correct" since the 1960's. You know like with black and Asians serving on the crew as equals to the white people. I know that's a crazy idea to someone like you.

The Doctor's nemesis the Master changed into a woman three seasons ago, and it was actually pretty well done.

Faggot, that was bad enough. But, other than the "back story" of her being the master, she might as well have been a completely different character. The female Doctor Who won't be passable as a completely different character.

Um, Star Trek has been pretty "Politically Correct" since the 1960's. You know like with black and Asians serving on the crew as equals to the white people. I know that's a crazy idea to someone like you.

Yeah, an Asian as a fellow crew member is the same thing as a 110lb nerd woman overpowering warriors three times her size. Not!

Faggot, that was bad enough. But, other than the "back story" of her being the master, she might as well have been a completely different character. The female Doctor Who won't be passable as a completely different character.

Um, isn't it a completely different character every time he or she regenerates? Isn't that kind of the point?

Yeah, an Asian as a fellow crew member is the same thing as a 110lb nerd woman overpowering warriors three times her size. Not!

Well, first, I only watched the first episode, so if you are talking about her beating the guy in Zero Gravity, that's not such a big deal. If you are talking about something that happens in a later episode, I can't address that.

Will you watch?

I'll probably watch the opener out of curiosity but won't pay money to CBS to see the series. The premise is not fresh beyond the lady Captain and XO.

'Star Trek: Discovery' to Tackle Trump-Era Political Divide
The Federation is a coalition organization filled with diversity.

The Klingons are racist. They are like Republicans with science. Only we know, Republicans don't believe in science.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)
Wow, I forgot I said that. Sometimes I forget how well I understand the GOP.

Will you watch?

I'll probably watch the opener out of curiosity but won't pay money to CBS to see the series. The premise is not fresh beyond the lady Captain and XO.

'Star Trek: Discovery' to Tackle Trump-Era Political Divide
The Federation is a coalition organization filled with diversity.

The Klingons are racist. They are like Republicans with science. Only we know, Republicans don't believe in science.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)
Wow, I forgot I said that. Sometimes I forget how well I understand the GOP.
You are such a fucking paranoid pussy. You see evil republicans everywhere you look.

IT'S A FUCKING MAKE BELIEVE TV SHOW

It's like I have to explain this shit to my grandkids.

Is the new Star Trek only on the CBS web site? It isn't airing every week on normal television?

Is the new Star Trek only on the CBS web site? It isn't airing every week on normal television?

No. You must pay and pay.

What the hell is that. I won't be watching which is too bad. The Orville is terrible. The stories aren't bad but the acting by McFarlane just doesn't cut it and the cast of characters is not compelling. The whole thing seems rather milk-toast.

No. You must pay and pay.

What the hell is that. I won't be watching which is too bad. The Orville is terrible. The stories aren't bad but the acting by McFarlane just doesn't cut it and the cast of characters is not compelling. The whole thing seems rather milk-toast.

That seems to be the general consensus. Either people didn't like the Discovery premier and won't bother watching because of that, or they did like it, but won't bother watching because of the paywall.

CBS doesn't have enough programming I really want to see for me to pay for it separately.

I think the problem with The Orville is that it doesn't know if it wants to be a space drama or a comedy. It's failing at both by being just plain mediocre. The jokes aren't that funny, and the stories are pretty much rehashed Star Trek Voyager.

Forum List

Back