Star Trek: One More Time

They hired that personality-less chick who can't act from the walking dead to play the captain. It's gonna be awful.

Despite the fact Michelle Yeoh is in it, I doubt I watch much of it, if any.

Never finished any but the original series.

No, Star Trek is nothing but libtard fantasy bullshit except the original series. In it, if the captain wasn't killing them, he was "kirking" them.

No, Star Trek is nothing but libtard fantasy bullshit except the original series. In it, if the captain wasn't killing them, he was "kirking" them.

There was an occasional good episode of TNG but yeah, it's philosophy is commie as all fuck.

Will you watch?

I'll probably watch the opener out of curiosity but won't pay money to CBS to see the series. The premise is not fresh beyond the lady Captain and XO.

'Star Trek: Discovery' to Tackle Trump-Era Political Divide

I'm with you on this. I'll check out the first episode, but I don't know if I'll go any further than that.

I haven't watched any Star Trek shows since TNG. I tried DS9, but didn't like the first episode, and haven't really bothered since.

Republicans will be Klingons.

This show will be so politicized that it will belong on Venezuelan TV.

Ahh, Kirk. The only starship captain I'd serve under. He knew how to have a good time.

The rest were pretty anal about things.

Nope, from everything I've heard about ST: Discovery it will be every bit as clumsy, SJW-harrassing the viewer (other Star Trek let their diversity function as a casual, everyday thing) embarrassing and horribly dumbed down as Jar Jar Abrams horrid mockery of Star Trek movies. I can't tell you how the hyperactive, jackhammer-in-the-brain, stupid 2009 cine-feces ended because I walked out during the last half hour. I hated it so bad that I figured whatever I paid to get in, it was worth MORE to get out. Not only is it the worst Star Trek I've ever seen, not only is it the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've NEVER seen a megabudget movie more incompetent on a technical level. The lens flares, obnoxious set design lighting & cinematography, etc., etc. J.J. Abrams Trek has zero redeeming qualities of any kind. I haven't watched any newer Trek since that 2009 utter miscarriage of sci-fi.

My point being, everything points to Discovery as being in the same DELIBERATELY dumbed-down, obnoxious vein. And has so many talentless idiots involved, NOTHING good can come from it.

I do agree that the original series was the least "libtarded" and most intellectually reasonable, least politically partisan, no question of that. But even as libtarded as some of the newer series got, they still had some thoughtful moments and ideas that had nothing to do with SJW bullshit; it's a matter of finding just the right episodes. I'm a sucker for space stories, I've always like being told a big space adventure story even if I disagree with the overall theme of the story.

In the original series, Spock did have the best Zen wisdom of all time. In the ep. when his arranged Vulcan wife cuckolded him, Spock quietly told his Vulcan rival, "Ston, she is yours. But after a time you may find that having is not nearly so desirable sensation as wanting. It is illogical, I know, but so often true." Have truer real-life words every been spoken??

Nope, from everything I've heard about ST: Discovery it will be every bit as clumsy, SJW-harrassing the viewer (other Star Trek let their diversity function as a casual, everyday thing) embarrassing and horribly dumbed down as Jar Jar Abrams horrid mockery of Star Trek movies. I can't tell you how the hyperactive, jackhammer-in-the-brain, stupid 2009 cine-feces ended because I walked out during the last half hour. I hated it so bad that I figured whatever I paid to get in, it was worth MORE to get out. Not only is it the worst Star Trek I've ever seen, not only is it the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've NEVER seen a megabudget movie more incompetent on a technical level. The lens flares, obnoxious set design lighting & cinematography, etc., etc. J.J. Abrams Trek has zero redeeming qualities of any kind. I haven't watched any newer Trek since that 2009 utter miscarriage of sci-fi.

My point being, everything points to Discovery as being in the same DELIBERATELY dumbed-down, obnoxious vein. And has so many talentless idiots involved, NOTHING good can come from it.

If the 2009 Star Trek is the worst movie you have ever seen, you must have seen very few movies. :p

If the 2009 Star Trek is the worst movie you have ever seen, you must have seen very few movies. :p

On the contrary, I've seen a gazillion movies, but I've never seen a movie that DELIBERATELY lobotomized and utterly dumbed down its original material like Jar Jar Abrams Trek. Hell, that arrogant little four-eyed idiot fuck himself said, "I never watched or liked Star Trek, I just wanted to make it more like Star Wars." That creature is a cancer on the very idea of Star Trek's cognizance.

On the contrary, I've seen a gazillion movies, but I've never seen a movie that DELIBERATELY lobotomized and utterly dumbed down its original material like Jar Jar Abrams Trek. Hell, that arrogant little four-eyed idiot fuck himself said, "I never watched or liked Star Trek, I just wanted to make it more like Star Wars." That creature is a cancer on the very idea of Star Trek's cognizance.

That doesn't make the movie itself worse than any of a million horrible movies that have been made, with worse production values, acting, writing, you name it. Also, you mention Jar Jar.....I'd say that the Star Wars prequels ruin the original material far more than the Star Trek reboot did. And to be honest, while I am a Star Trek fan, some of the original movies just aren't all that good. ;)

That doesn't make the movie itself worse than any of a million horrible movies that have been made, with worse production values, acting, writing, you name it. Also, you mention Jar Jar.....I'd say that the Star Wars prequels ruin the original material far more than the Star Trek reboot did. And to be honest, while I am a Star Trek fan, some of the original movies just aren't all that good. ;)

I AGREE that the Star Wars prequels were the worst-acted, worst-written, worst-directed disgrace to the Star Wars franchise I've ever seen! But does that disprove of how godawful J.J. Abrams Trek is? No.

I AGREE that the Star Wars prequels were the worst-acted, worst-written, worst-directed disgrace to the Star Wars franchise I've ever seen! But does that disprove of how godawful J.J. Abrams Trek is? No.

I'm just saying that calling the Abrams Trek the worst movie you've ever seen seems pretty unlikely. I've seen plenty of movies worse than that. Most disappointing seems like it might be a more accurate way to put it.

Forum List

Back