Star Trek: Into Dorkness

I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

Im easy. As long as shits getting blown up, and ass's whipped, Alien or otherwise im good. I sat through 2012 just for the special effects.

right.....and since Roddenberry was involved with that episode .....who thought it was the greatest mistake ever?.....im sure he didnt.....just sayin......

Everyone who hated the Klingons. Ending the enmity with the Klingons is why they had to bring in the Romulans. And yea, the Organian Peace treaty was kind of ignored in the movies. Again, by redoing the time line, they can ignore it, have more fights with the Klingons, and it fits.

some Trekkie you are.....you do realize the Romulans came before the Klingons right?....

"Balance of Terror".....1966.....introduces the Romulans.....

"Errand of Mercy".......1967.....introduces the Klingons.....:eusa_eh:

Balance of Terror was one of my faves.

I would buy all the seasons of Voyager just because of seven of nine.

I thought she was an awful cop-out. First, we saw far too much of her. When she was introduced, it quickly became the "Seven of Nine" show. (Incidently, many of the other actors also complained about this.)

The fact the woman couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag didn't help much, either.

What I wish they had done was instead of making Voyager, they made TNG more like Law and Order- you introduce new characters and write old ones out to keep it fresh, which WOULD actually be more like a real military ship.

the only person that should have complained on that show was Harry.....an Ensign for 7 years.....dam.....

They were going to kill his character off at the begining of Season 4, but then he whined he was the only Asian regular character since Sulu, and they got rid of Jennifer Lien's character instead.

You actually thought Voyager was worth buying the DVD's?

Why am I not surprised?

All the sum total of 120 bucks, retail was 250.. it was a steal.

Well first of all it was nominated for a few prime time Emmys. Whatchu got against Voyager anyhow?

Saw Enterprise twice over TOS 4 times over, TNG 6 times over, DS9 3 times over, and Voyager going on seven.

Getting a subscription to Netflix is a lot cheaper, all the Star Treks are there.

I think that Voyager was OK. It had a few good moments.

But I'm actually a big fan of Deep Space Nine, which many Trekkies consider blasphemous. So whatever, take my opinion as you will. I'm a casual Star Trek fan - I wouldn't consider myself a "Trekkie".

(I capitalized the T in Trekkie anyway though.)

DS9 was the best series after TOS.

I have all the Star Trek Movies, and I have all seven seasons of Voyager. Although I have seen all of the other series twice over, I'm happy that this franchise is getting reintroduced to a newer generation.

I would buy all the seasons of Voyager just because of seven of nine.

Save your money, she wasn't introduced until the cliffhanger episode that ended season 3.

I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

I will say this from my heart, the only reason you are indifferent is because you don't know the plot.If you knew the plot you would hate it.

You might have a point. I have not been reading any spoilers so if I do go see it, I will probably be going in cold with no idea what it's about.

i'm guessing you have... and frankly, what you are saying doesn't sound good.

If the rumors I have been hearing are right it is going to outrage the hardcore fans. If you have watched the trailers you can see who yells the name of the villain.

You actually thought Voyager was worth buying the DVD's?

Why am I not surprised?

Well first of all it was nominated for a few prime time Emmys. Whatchu got against Voyager anyhow?

Saw Enterprise twice over TOS 4 times over, TNG 6 times over, DS9 3 times over, and Voyager going on seven.

What do I have against Voyager?

It was dumbed down TNG.

Every other episode was a tiresome "Malfunctioing Holodeck" or "Temporal Anomoly Reset Button" episode with no real consequences.

No Consequences- no drama.

Their attempt at Drama was that you had half the crew were Maquis, which didn't make a lick of sense in the Star Trek Universe to start with. Except that drama all got forgotten by the middle of season 2. All these social misfits amazingly became good loyal members of Star Fleet.

(Incidently, DS9 did a vastly better job of handling the Maquis, which were just written as a setup for Voyager. But they did more intersting stuff with them.)

Oh, and then you had Seven of Boobs, probably the most idiotic character ever introduced into Star Trek.

They wiped out a whole season with that reset button. There were a few good episodes, but the temporal plots were way overdone.

Everyone who hated the Klingons. Ending the enmity with the Klingons is why they had to bring in the Romulans. And yea, the Organian Peace treaty was kind of ignored in the movies. Again, by redoing the time line, they can ignore it, have more fights with the Klingons, and it fits.

some Trekkie you are.....you do realize the Romulans came before the Klingons right?....

"Balance of Terror".....1966.....introduces the Romulans.....

"Errand of Mercy".......1967.....introduces the Klingons.....:eusa_eh:

Balance of Terror was one of my faves.

yea that was one of mine too.....i also thought the "The Corbomite Maneuver" was a good one....

I thought she was an awful cop-out. First, we saw far too much of her. When she was introduced, it quickly became the "Seven of Nine" show. (Incidently, many of the other actors also complained about this.)

The fact the woman couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag didn't help much, either.

What I wish they had done was instead of making Voyager, they made TNG more like Law and Order- you introduce new characters and write old ones out to keep it fresh, which WOULD actually be more like a real military ship.

the only person that should have complained on that show was Harry.....an Ensign for 7 years.....dam.....

They were going to kill his character off at the begining of Season 4, but then he whined he was the only Asian regular character since Sulu, and they got rid of Jennifer Lien's character instead.

Joe Memory Alpha says People Magazine saved Wangs job....by naming him one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.....all of a sudden he was in,Lien was out....

Getting a subscription to Netflix is a lot cheaper, all the Star Treks are there.

I think that Voyager was OK. It had a few good moments.

But I'm actually a big fan of Deep Space Nine, which many Trekkies consider blasphemous. So whatever, take my opinion as you will. I'm a casual Star Trek fan - I wouldn't consider myself a "Trekkie".

(I capitalized the T in Trekkie anyway though.)

DS9 was the best series after TOS.

they had a good storyline......i thought it picked up a lot after Worf joined the crew.....

I give them credit for figuring out a way to reset the series.
The first of the new movies was pretty good and I have no problems with the way they handled it.

Different timeline gives them a whole new universe. Before "Enterprise" all the StarTrek shows followed the same timeline. By altering the timeline, they can have new adventures with a younger crew and they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

Also, without the change in Timeline, Checkov wouldn't have been on the Enterprise so soon. They only put him in the second season because the Russians complained.

They could have done that without destroying Vulcan and turning Kirk into Luke Skywalker.

I don't know, I loved it when they entered that shuttle and the one guy was wearing red. We all knew he was gonna die, it was classic trek.
What I used to hate was how whenever they were all knocked out or about to be knocked out, Kirk was either the first to get up or the last to be knocked out. (Usually some kind of gas thing..)

How could this be considering Spock was physically superious to kirk in every way.

They could have done that without destroying Vulcan and turning Kirk into Luke Skywalker.

I don't know, I loved it when they entered that shuttle and the one guy was wearing red. We all knew he was gonna die, it was classic trek.
What I used to hate was how whenever they were all knocked out or about to be knocked out, Kirk was either the first to get up or the last to be knocked out. (Usually some kind of gas thing..)

How could this be considering Spock was physically superious to kirk in every way.

It was in the script. :D

i hear ya Zona.....but maybe Spock got a double dose.....:dunno:

Absolutely loved it. Just like I did with Abrams' first crack in 2009.

In spite of Pegg's Montgomery Scott being written as far too excitable compared to the rest of the main cast, the main characters really work well together. I think Pine's casting as Capt. Kirk was a stroke of genius. He's better than both Shatner and Stewart. Zachary Quinto's Spock is spot on, too.

My only real criticism is of a seemingly on-going theme. We all get the Capt. Kirk is meant to be popular among the ladies, and that he enjoys his fair share of casual sex. But the extraterrestrial attributes are becoming a bit silly. His first conquest was green. And in the latest installment his bed partners had tails. What's next? Mr. Spock, perhaps?

Absolutely loved it. Just like I did with Abrams' first crack in 2009.

In spite of Pegg's Montgomery Scott being written as far too excitable compared to the rest of the main cast, the main characters really work well together. I think Pine's casting as Capt. Kirk was a stroke of genius. He's better than both Shatner and Stewart. Zachary Quinto's Spock is spot on, too.

My only real criticism is of a seemingly on-going theme. We all get the Capt. Kirk is meant to be popular among the ladies, and that he enjoys his fair share of casual sex. But the extraterrestrial attributes are becoming a bit silly. His first conquest was green. And in the latest installment his bed partners had tails. What's next? Mr. Spock, perhaps?

I've got just the girl for a young Captain Kirk.
Remember when Kirk disguised himself as a Nazi?
nazi_Kirk_dressed_in_Nazi_attire.jpg

I spotted a woman,a costumed role-player, at a convention that would be just right for him:

"There is just something about a woman in uniform"

Forum List

Back