‘Star Trek’ actress lends her gravitas to film promoting idea that sun revolves aroun

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The film, which is set to be released sometime this spring, was bankrolled in part by the ultra-conservative and anti-Semitic Robert Sungenis, who maintains the blog “Galileo Was Wrong.

A new documentary film, narrated by a former Star Trek actress, promotes the long-ago disproven idea that the sun revolves around the Earth. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Sungenis is a controversial figure, having argued that no one has proven 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust and that Jews conspired with Satan to rule the world.

His local bishop asked him to stop writing about Jews and ordered him to stop calling his organization a Catholic one after he criticized a catechism related to Judaism.

?Star Trek? actress lends her gravitas to film promoting idea that sun revolves around Earth | The Raw Story

This should please the nutters who say that all of Hollywood is liberal and educated and intelligent.

Looks to me like ignorant fools can be actors too.

Despite editorial license and poor writing by some writer called Travis Gettys, it seems that the actress never said that the sun revolves around the earth. As a matter of fact a recent poll suggested that a majority of democrat voters believe the sun revolves around the earth or are ignorant about the whole concept.

Despite editorial license and poor writing by some writer called Travis Gettys, it seems that the actress never said that the sun revolves around the earth. As a matter of fact a recent poll suggested that a majority of democrat voters believe the sun revolves around the earth or are ignorant about the whole concept.

Actually I just took my own poll (also unlinked) which says that 102% of voters believe bats revolve around your belfry, so....

Why does the OP go through all that and never mention who the actress is? I had to click the link to find out.

So she's doing narration? Big deal. Voiceover is easy, lucrative work.

Actually, when you read about the poll, you get an entirely different picture. The Democrats who have problems with science are the "conservative" Democrats. And there are a lot of them. And, worse for Republicans, the GOP lags far, far behind Independents and Democrats in other areas of science, such as evolution.

No wonder you didn't want to post a link.

Science study: Republicans struggle with evolution, Democrats struggle with the Earth going around the Sun

Actually I just took my own poll (also unlinked) which says that 102% of voters believe bats revolve around your belfry, so....

Why does the OP go through all that and never mention who the actress is? I had to click the link to find out.

It's Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) and she got duped. Apparently, she is none too pleased about it, but business is business.

• Banned

It's Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) and she got duped. Apparently, she is none too pleased about it, but business is business.

Kate Mulgrew Tricked Into Narrating Documentary ?The Principle? - TIME

No one got duped lol. Either she was stupid or she wasn't.

She thought that she was hired to read a part. You know, like a voice for an animated character, or an audition as the movie's bad guy. Instead the film portrayed her as thinking this way herself.

So she was dumb. You know like a person who sees the working title is Galileo was wrong.

So she was dumb. You know like a person who sees the working title is Galileo was wrong.

Production doesn't work that way. You don't produce an entire film and then screen it for a narrator to fill in.

A voiceover talent doesn't need a title, working or otherwise. They get a script and a microphone and a glass of water. That audio is then integrated into everything else in post-production. Whether this script made the point of the film apparent in itself, without the context of the rest of the content that would later follow, we're not in a position to tell.

Then of course there's the editing of all that raw audio. A filmmaker who's a Holocaust denier and geocentrist who quotes a scientist out of context is obviously dishonest enough to rearrange Kate Mulgrew's voice into something she wasn't aware of saying. Matter of fact this guy reminds me of a few wags on this board...

Last edited:
She's right that the 6 million dead jew number is a fallacy, but that doesn't mean she understands general science.

wow, how bad is it in obalalaland that this makes the news?

some stray loon with a blog, makes a film no one will see.

ooo, scary

Yeah, it's weird that not everyone on planet Earth is obsessed with "Obabaland". Can't figure that one out. What da hell is wrong with people. :dunno:

Production doesn't work that way. You don't produce an entire film and then screen it for a narrator to fill in.

A voiceover talent doesn't need a title, working or otherwise. They get a script and a microphone and a glass of water. That audio is then integrated into everything else in post-production. Whether this script made the point of the film apparent in itself, without the context of the rest of the content that would later follow, we're not in a position to tell.

Then of course there's the editing of all that raw audio. A filmmaker who's a Holocaust denier and geocentrist who quotes a scientist out of context is obviously dishonest enough to rearrange Kate Mulgrew's voice into something she wasn't aware of saying. Matter of fact this guy reminds me of a few wags on this board...

Oh knock the crap off. Unlike you I have done production. But how it is done is irrelevant. She took a job for a film by Robert Sungenis who is a known geocentrist. Again either she was an idiot who didn't bother to research what she was reading for. Or she didn't care.

Oh knock the crap off. Unlike you I have done production. But how it is done is irrelevant. She took a job for a film by Robert Sungenis who is a known geocentrist. Again either she was an idiot who didn't bother to research what she was reading for. Or she didn't care.

Fuck you mean "unlike you"? I've done production, and voiceovers, and related stuff, for over thirty years. Got awards for some of them. How the fuck do you think I know what I'm talking about here?

Enjoy your neg, ignoramus. Next time think before posting.

Last edited:
Enjoy yours back. And 'unlike' you I don't need to be crude and swear to get my point across.

The film, which is set to be released sometime this spring, was bankrolled in part by the ultra-conservative and anti-Semitic Robert Sungenis, who maintains the blog “Galileo Was Wrong.

A new documentary film, narrated by a former Star Trek actress, promotes the long-ago disproven idea that the sun revolves around the Earth. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Sungenis is a controversial figure, having argued that no one has proven 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust and that Jews conspired with Satan to rule the world.

His local bishop asked him to stop writing about Jews and ordered him to stop calling his organization a Catholic one after he criticized a catechism related to Judaism.

?Star Trek? actress lends her gravitas to film promoting idea that sun revolves around Earth | The Raw Story

Kate Mulgrew took a job that actually pays money. You should try it sometime, you might stop believing that people owe you a living. By the way, when are you planning on going after all the left wing universities that practice hate speech toward Israel?

Enjoy yours back. And 'unlike' you I don't need to be crude and swear to get my point across.

No, you just need to pull assumptions out of your ass. Enjoy your blissful ignorance, ignoramitoid.

Speaking of which, "fuck" isn't a swear. Duh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back