Star Spangled Banner and the Pledge!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
I must say I had some serious flash backs this morning. My boy's decided they wanted to switch to the new schools instead of finishing out the year at their old school. Which is good for me I guess, save me some gas money, since I was drinving them an hour and a fifteen minutes one way!

Anyway I took my oldest up to school this morning to meet his new teacher and see his classroom while I was there it was time for the Pledge, However they started it off with the Star Spangled Banner first, which was shocking. They did not do that at their other school, matter of fact last time heard it done that way, was when I was in kindergarten and first grade on the Air Force base! I was impressed.

Then of course I was ready to cry, jeez I never realized switching schools would feel like I was sending him off to kindergarten again for the first time!!He's nine!

What do other school's do? Do they do the combination, or only the pledge?

Students at my high school say the pledge on the TV before the televised school announcements. I'd say about 15% of the students actually stand up. Its sad, we need another draft.

Forum List

Back