star & lamp

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
a piece of mail arrives for da man....its says star & lamp....i figure its a catalog ..home decore' bs or something...so i sit down to read it.....it is a publication from a pi kappa phi a frat....delivered here by mistake of course....but i have often wondered how on a campus as small as ASU was in the 70's why we had never met at school. but i digress....i was a hippie in school...que surprise there....i check the address label ..da mans full damned name...which he never uses....not like occupant or...just his name on the label....so he comes in....getting ready to leave...and i say...i got this odd thing...hand it to him....expecting him to explain or ignore or say anything but this..."i cant believe they found me"....i am going...who found you....his reply...a stake in my heart....i was a pi kappa phi....

i dont have a clue what to say....and they want money from their alumni...why do i have his feeling he has been paying dues or whatever to this frat the entire time we have been married? i dont think they just pulled his name outta the hat....

a piece of mail arrives for da man....its says star & lamp....i figure its a catalog ..home decore' bs or something...so i sit down to read it.....it is a publication from a pi kappa phi a frat....delivered here by mistake of course....but i have often wondered how on a campus as small as ASU was in the 70's why we had never met at school. but i digress....i was a hippie in school...que surprise there....i check the address label ..da mans full damned name...which he never uses....not like occupant or...just his name on the label....so he comes in....getting ready to leave...and i say...i got this odd thing...hand it to him....expecting him to explain or ignore or say anything but this..."i cant believe they found me"....i am going...who found you....his reply...a stake in my heart....i was a pi kappa phi....

i dont have a clue what to say....and they want money from their alumni...why do i have his feeling he has been paying dues or whatever to this frat the entire time we have been married? i dont think they just pulled his name outta the hat....

Why would that be a stake in your heart? I'm confused...

omg leading donors 100 k plus....well we aint gonna be on that list....o fuck me...."listed here are the members and friends who contribured to the Foundation in 2008. Donors are listed by chapter under their lifteime cumulative giving level." i will be looking at this like a hawk...

hippies do not have a thing to do with frats boys....ick ick...might as well be a fucking yankee....

Pfft. Married couples don't take separate vacations, and y'all do that, too. Oh, and married couples kiss each other, too. May as well get over that "hippies don't date..." thing, since it ain't workin for ya. :tongue:

My guess is if they just found him now, he's not likely been giving them money this whole time.. If he has, *THAT* I can see you being downright pissed off about, because where the money goes *should* be a mutual decision, especially if it's an ongoing thing. Even if it's a his vs. yours money thing, it's just common respect.

being a yankee i feel bad taking bones' side, but frats are not what they once were, and I hate most frat boys.

You realize this dude was a frat a few *decades* ago? He's probably "what they once were".. :D

what does taking separate vacations have to do with belong to a frat?

or kissing?

i cant wait till he has time to explain this....

a lot of married couples take separate vacations...it is a nice break and most of the time i do not want to go skiing....since i dont ski...so is he suppose to give up skiing or drag me alone...he did that last time...he has little interest in modern art or visiting gallery after gallery..frat boys are like that....i dont climb ..or mountain bike...i see women dragging men down by insisting they do joint activities....and vice versa...if you enjoy doing the same thing together for 2 weeks fine...if not...fine...dont see why you find that so amiss?

we are joined by marriage not by the hip....

last time i rode a damned bike i hit a tree....i am more the hot tub type...he is the active man type....and he swims too....i dont do that either....o he likes to hike the AT....not for me..they smell...all of them...

what does taking separate vacations have to do with belong to a frat?

or kissing?

i cant wait till he has time to explain this....

a lot of married couples take separate vacations...it is a nice break and most of the time i do not want to go skiing....since i dont ski...so is he suppose to give up skiing or drag me alone...he did that last time...he has little interest in modern art or visiting gallery after gallery..frat boys are like that....i dont climb ..or mountain bike...i see women dragging men down by insisting they do joint activities....and vice versa...if you enjoy doing the same thing together for 2 weeks fine...if not...fine...dont see why you find that so amiss?

we are joined by marriage not by the hip....

So then why does something he was a part of a good 30 years ago get under your skin now? What difference does it make? More to the point, what's it going to change?

o the level of mocking i can do and he cant protest ....that is what you are missing....i can mock the hell out of him with this

Forum List

Back