Star Kist Thai Tuna

... no need for Mayo - awesome and addictive!

Why Star Kist specifically? Tuna is tuna is it not?

Now when I make tuna I use very little mayo and instead use cottage cheese. Makes it lighter, less oily, and delicious. And besides celery and maybe sweet onion I put grated carrots in there. It complements very well.

Now when I make tuna I use very little mayo and instead use cottage cheese. Makes it lighter, less oily, and delicious. And besides celery and maybe sweet onion I put grated carrots in there. It complements very well.

Actually not, Bumble Bee in a can is best (in water)- I made a tuna casserole with ChickenOfTheSea and it was VERY fishy smelling. Was gross. Brought it to a church pot luck dinner .. was embarrassing.

Oh wait -- Thai tuna -- you mean that stuff they adulterate with ... whatever it is they put in there?

I've never been able to bring myself to try those combos. I see them in the discount store cutout bin. Even though I like tuna and I love Thai, I can't see putting them together. It seems like, I dunno, putting mustard on a cantaloupe.

Oh wait -- Thai tuna -- you mean that stuff they adulterate with ... whatever it is they put in there?

I've never been able to bring myself to try those combos. I see them in the discount store cutout bin. Even though I like tuna and I love Thai, I can't see putting them together. It seems like, I dunno, putting mustard on a cantaloupe.

It's really good. I was surprised, and, it appeals to my laziness.. I don't have to add mayo.
I just put it on my Nature's Own Butter Bread and I'm good to go!

Why Star Kist?

Why Star Kist?

Star Kist is the only brand that has the Thai in the foil packets
Like I said only Bumble Bee in cans / water packed is not "fishy" smelling.
Even Star Kist in cans is bad. But the Thai in the individual foil packets...yum!!

Why Star Kist?

Even Star Kist in cans is bad. But the Thai in the individual foil packets...yum!!

thai_style_tuna_0.png

Why Star Kist?

thai_style_tuna_0.png

Yep! that's it! It's awesome!!! (to me!)

Forum List

Back