Standing in the hurricane with CNN

G

Gabriella84

I am amazed how CNN is turning a serious storm like Hurricane Dennis into a stand-up routine.

"Can you feel those winds? Those are powerful winds!"
"Watch out for that piece of metal! It's coming right at us!"
"Look at that roof! It's peeling off! Wow, have you ever seen such a thing?"
"My gosh! I've never experienced such a thing!"
"Sheets of rain! We're getting sheets of rain!"
"Oh NO! There are people out there! There are people out in the storm!"

It's all Dan Rather's fault for standing out in Hurricane Carla. Now everyone wants to do it.

Gabriella84 said:
I am amazed how CNN is turning a serious storm like Hurricane Dennis into a stand-up routine.

"Can you feel those winds? Those are powerful winds!"
"Watch out for that piece of metal! It's coming right at us!"
"Look at that roof! It's peeling off! Wow, have you ever seen such a thing?"
"My gosh! I've never experienced such a thing!"
"Sheets of rain! We're getting sheets of rain!"
"Oh NO! There are people out there! There are people out in the storm!"

It's all Dan Rather's fault for standing out in Hurricane Carla. Now everyone wants to do it.

LOL I agree---cracks me up what these folks will do for a story !!

I watched a little of CNN's coerage of the hurricane,and those of you who make fun of Fox-ha!!! They were worse than Geraldo!!!

Speaking of Cnn coverage, I was flipping through yesterday and saw them doing an interview with a guy who had gone to Gitmo,I guess he must have been granted some descent access. I didn't catch if he was a journalist or what since I caught the tail end of the interview. It was Wolf Blitzer and another woman doing the asking. There were trying as hard as they could to get this guy to say there was something going on down there. He said he saw no evidence of wrong doing. He said he watched an interrogation of a prisoner. Do you know what they did to interrogate him? They read Harry Potter to him in his language for three hours until he couldn't listen anymore!!! Ohhhhh,the horror. That sounds like serious mistreatment to me-lol!!!!The woman interviewing just ewanted soooo badly to hear something bad about our soldiers there. She asked him how does he know they weren't on good behavior beause he was there and doing their best to look good? She asked it as if they put away the boiling acid ,just while he was there.

Then Wolf Blitzer asked if he had got a sense that they had changed or rearranged things before he came,so they looked good. It was absolutely ridiculous if you could have seen it. They were just going mad because this guy wouldn't give them an inch. They really wanted to hear about some totrure. I then heard later that the prisoners there are given ice cream on Sundays!!! People like CNN are reponsible for the morale of the soldiers down there. I saw an interview with one of the guys that runs the place who said that moral is down because of the bad press. The guys get asked by their families-"what's gong on down there?" It's just ridiculous.

Hobbit said:
I heard a former Gitmo guard on the radio talk about the threatening letters he's been getting.

Boy,what respect their getting-huh? They have been talking on the news about the guards getting feces,semen,spit,and urine thrown on them. Do you know what they do about it? They write up a report. Sheeesh. Who would ever think our soldiers would have to take that kind of shit from prisoners and not be able to retaliate in any way? Not even being put in some kind of solitary confinement. I blame the media!!

Forum List

Back