STANDING GUARD License for Tyranny

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
Just got my American Riffleman mag. today. It has an article called Standing Guard by Wayne LaPierre License for Tyranny. It has some great stuff in it about Obama and Hillary. I could not find any link and was going to copy and paste it here and then my wife reminded me that could be copyright infringement, so sorry guys no article. It goes on to say that Hillary and Obama are lying about supporting the 2nd amendment. Obama believes that hand gun band is "Draconian Law"Common sense" and said he believes it is constitutional. As soon as they make it public I will post a link.

« Help NAGR fight the NRA SelloutCall THE NRA ASAP! »NRA PASSES GUN CONTROL
NRA passes McCarthy Gun Control bill through US House!

June 13, 2007 - I have been sick so I was not able to warn you a few days ago that the NRA was working with anti-gun forces to pass new gun control. As it turned out it did not matter because the fix was in and it happened fast.

Yesterday, far sooner than we would have imagined, the bill passed in the US House, with almost no notice and no recorded vote.

HR 297 was quickly morphed into a new bill, HR 2640 (by notorious anti-gunner Carolyn McCarthy) and passed on a voice vote, with so little notice that the most pro-gun members of Congress didn’t know it was on the agenda until early in the morning — when the NRA actively lobbied their offices to pass the largest gun control move since the 1994 Assault Weapons ban.
)

The bill gives the Federal Government vast new access to people’s mental health records and opens the door for expanded abuse of power, delays and denials of firearms purchases.

The bill purports to give people a chance to have their names removed from the no-buy list, but only at great personal expense… with no guarantee of success.

If the past is any indication, purchasing a firearm is about to become a lot more complicated.

Keep in mind that for years the ATF has been forbidden from doing any investigations to expunge records and return people’s gun rights.

Now, with the help of the NRA, even more restrictions are being created.

Of course, unlike a “crime,” “mental illness” is a very subjective evaluation.

As Corey Graff from Wisconsin Gun Owners writes;

“Since 1952, the American Psychiatry Association (APA) has utilized the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) as its standard for defining, diagnosing and treating mental health disorders.

Since its first printing, the manual has undergone five revisions, the most recent being the DSM-IV, which was finalized in 1994. Currently a fifth version is being prepared and is due out by 2012.

Each new version contradicts the previous version; new authors with new perspectives and agendas write each new release. The standard keeps changing, shifting, sometimes radically so — the result is that mental illness is never clearly or objectively defined. It is a moving target shaped by political and social pressures.

Following controversy and protests from gay activists at APA annual conferences from 1970 to 1973, the seventh printing of the DSM-II, in 1974, no longer listed homosexuality as a category of disorder. After talks led by the psychiatrist Robert Spitzer, who had been involved in the DSM-II development committee, a vote by the APA trustees in 1973, confirmed by the wider APA membership in 1974, replaced the diagnosis with a milder category of “sexual orientation disturbance.”

In today’s politically correct climate, the most recent version of the DSM-IV contains “no reference to homosexuality.”

Which DSM was correct or were both wrong? One can easily see the danger this contradiction raises if these diagnoses were synced up with a gun owner database that acts as an automated judge, jury and executioner for the gun buyer.

Such variance also calls into question the credibility of those who define mental illness.

Psychiatrists can’t even agree amongst themselves over a relatively short period of time on how to precisely define mental illness on any given issue. Thirty years ago no one heard the term “attention deficit disorder” or “post-traumatic stress disorder” — today diagnoses for these new mental illnesses are commonplace.

We believe the next step — if you don’t think there’s a “next step” you undoubtedly fit the description of mentally deranged — is to require information and deny firearms purchases for anyone who has ever taken an anti-depressant (the estimates for the number of young adults in America who have, at one time, taken these anti-depressant drugs is staggering). If that happens, a large portion of a number of generations in America will be stripped of their Second Amendment rights.

The bottom line: If NICS is expanded, expect entire groups to be denied their right to purchase a firearm.

http://www.vgoc.org/?p=56

I have reached total overload! It will be a few days digesting all this stuff. Anyone know where I can get a BLUE pill?

you just hvce to learn to enjoy fighting the good fight..

This is the point from which I could never return
And if I back down now then forever I burn
This is the point from which I could never retreat
Cause If I turn back now there can never be peace
This is the point from which I will die and succeed
Living the struggle, I know I'm alive when I bleed
From now on it can never be the same as before
Cause the place I'm from doesn't exist anymore

Artist: Immortal Technique

Forum List

Back