Standard Introduction

LogicMoose

Not Really A Moose...
Feb 26, 2011
Maui, Hawaii
I may be young to be considered serious, but I don't find an audience with my peers. Nobody seems to be interested in philosophy and turning full conversations into formal logic formula.
I'm the kind of person that picks up hitch-hikers to question their ethical, epistemological, and metaphysical views of reality, and see if I can drain any rational information from them. Not very successful yet.
I usually don't get much of an audience due to my interrogative methods of conversation. I've found myself among other online boards, which are now known for shenanigans and online terrorism, so I'm mostly just trying to find a more rational and constructive board.
I can introduce myself and give my life story for days I suppose, but I'd rather just let words speak for themselves when the necessary time comes.
Hope to see you all on the boards.

*Sniffs the air suspiciously*

I hope you find solace in your opinions.

By the way, there is no Free Candy here.

I may be young to be considered serious, but I don't find an audience with my peers. Nobody seems to be interested in philosophy and turning full conversations into formal logic formula.
I'm the kind of person that picks up hitch-hikers to question their ethical, epistemological, and metaphysical views of reality, and see if I can drain any rational information from them. Not very successful yet.
I usually don't get much of an audience due to my interrogative methods of conversation. I've found myself among other online boards, which are now known for shenanigans and online terrorism, so I'm mostly just trying to find a more rational and constructive board.
I can introduce myself and give my life story for days I suppose, but I'd rather just let words speak for themselves when the necessary time comes.

Heard a spekaer recently that posited that EMOTIONS are the SUPERIOR form of thinking.

He posited that usually all our rational thinking misinforms us and leads us away from the humanistic answers that most of us can arrive at without the benefit of rational, scientific thinking.

He suggested that since rationing thinking depends so much on metrics, and that much of what we can know is not QUANTIFABLE, that depending soley on rational thinking and logic means we must ignore much of what we know intuitively through our emotional senses.

Inherent in that theory is a denial of most schools of philosophy which depend so heavily on pure rhetorical logic and deny the validity of emotional sense.

He also posits that much of our emotional reponse is ALSO based on facts, but facts that we simply cannot qualify or express in any way that suits the scietific method.

What do you think about that theory, LogicMoose?

Last edited:
WELCOME

and

DON'T BE A TROLL OR A RACIST

We've been having real good luck with newbies not being trolls and racists the last couple of weeks so please don't mess it up!

hillbilly-archtype.jpg

WELCOME and DON'T BE A TROLL OR A RACIST

We've been having real good luck with newbies not being trolls and racists the last couple of weeks so please don't mess it up!

^^^^^ this is an example of a troll. He think's he's able to find solace here. But, there is no Free Candy around these parts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdB3Oyd5HtU&feature=my_favorites&list=FL7p-VTS2Tijk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdB3Oyd5HtU&feature=my_favorites&list=FL7p-VTS2Tijk[/ame]

Heard a spekaer recently that posited that EMOTIONS are the SUPERIOR form of thinking.

He posited that usually all our rational thinking misinforms us and leads us away from the humanistic answers that most of us can arrive at without the benefit of rational, scientific thinking.

He suggested that since rationing thinking depends so much on metrics, and that much of what we can know is not QUANTIFABLE, that depending soley on rational thinking and logic means we must ignore much of what we know intuitively through our emotional senses.

Inherent in that theory is a denial of most schools of philosophy which depend so heavily on pure rhetorical logic and deny the validity of emotional sense.

He also posits that much of our emotional reponse is ALSO based on facts, but facts that we simply cannot qualify or express in any way that suits the scietific method.

What do you think about that theory, LogicMoose?

Unfortunately I'd have to disagree with this theory.
Completely relying on feelings will make things subjective to the individual.
Seems like a normal new age rationalist argument against empiricism rather than an argument against logic.
Furthermore, are emotions necessarily a way of thinking? Emotions impact our rational thought, but I don't see them being the essence of what a thought is. How can you rely on that compared to a rational mind?
We've evolved to have a neocortex. Lets use it.

Forum List

Back