Standard carry on items

My standard carry on is usually a backpack. I always pack an outfit, and bathing suit. My luggage usually gets lost 50% of the time...lol.
Must haves include a good book, cigarettes so I can race outside to have a quick smoke before catching the connecting flight, tickets (when they were actually made out of paper), Then all the essentials required when traveling with a pre-teen and a toddler. Which now requires them to carry their own backpacks...lol.

Funny you ask. I just took my wife to the airport for a flight back to her home country for a visit.

Anyway, normally I carry a backpack with at least a change of underwear and socks in it, my toothbrush, toothpaste, (shaving kit in general) a book, my passport, tickets (or copy of my e-ticket receipt), an airline blanket (hard to get them anymore since so many airlines have either cut back dramatically and some don't even offer them to 1st class anymore), and anything else I might want to have access to while in flight (oh, always carry at least one bottle of water).

Semper Fi said:
What items do you usually carry in your carry-on? And what type of carry on is it? Just curuious.

Last time I was on an airplane I had a backpack and a small duffel bag, the two of which contained everything I would need for about 4 days, including combat boots and a bottle of vodka.

Someone posted that the airlines lose their bags half the time? That is quite a bit.
Do you check in late?
Do you have mulitple connecting flights?

At any rate, having worked in this industry I learned a long time ago to carry everyone you need into one carryon. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go.
Socks/underwear. Toothbrush/paste. Passport/money/cc.//jeans and a few shirts.
If your main luggage gets lost you can live a few days in just jeans.

I was in Egypt when my luggage was lost. I was traveling with someone else whose luggage was also lost. She had one pair of neon green trousers so you can imagine how much attention she drew to herself there.
I was saved by my carryon crap.

Later on, I ditched the whole suitcase thing and just stuffed everything into a backpack and that was it.

This is my contribution to the post.

I use the largest one I can get away with, which is generally a decent sized duffle bag.. Since I get bored easily, it has 1 days worth of clothes (I can buy more later if need be), books, walkman, CDs, nail stuff, makeup, cards, puzzlebooks, tiny bottles of nail polish, water, snacks, and anything else I think might be entertaining at the time.

Then...there's my purse. :)

Shattered said:
I use the largest one I can get away with, which is generally a decent sized duffle bag.. Since I get bored easily, it has 1 days worth of clothes (I can buy more later if need be), books, walkman, CDs, nail stuff, makeup, cards, puzzlebooks, tiny bottles of nail polish, water, snacks, and anything else I think might be entertaining at the time.

Then...there's my purse. :)

I don't get out much. I keep what I can't replace or don't want to rely on airline for. (thus laptop and water!) Everything else, loose it, and pay me the going rate! I travel and shop anyways...

Kathianne said:
I don't get out much. I keep what I can't replace or don't want to rely on airline for. (thus laptop and water!) Everything else, loose it, and pay me the going rate! I travel and shop anyways...

I found it hard to sit still for a lousy 3 hour and 15 minute flight to Vegas...Need stuff to do. :)

Forum List

Back