Standard carry on items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Semper Fi, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    What items do you usually carry in your carry-on? And what type of carry on is it? Just curuious.

2. pennyville73

pennyville73 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    My standard carry on is usually a backpack. I always pack an outfit, and bathing suit. My luggage usually gets lost 50% of the time...lol.
    Must haves include a good book, cigarettes so I can race outside to have a quick smoke before catching the connecting flight, tickets (when they were actually made out of paper), Then all the essentials required when traveling with a pre-teen and a toddler. Which now requires them to carry their own backpacks...lol.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Funny you ask. I just took my wife to the airport for a flight back to her home country for a visit.

Anyway, normally I carry a backpack with at least a change of underwear and socks in it, my toothbrush, toothpaste, (shaving kit in general) a book, my passport, tickets (or copy of my e-ticket receipt), an airline blanket (hard to get them anymore since so many airlines have either cut back dramatically and some don't even offer them to 1st class anymore), and anything else I might want to have access to while in flight (oh, always carry at least one bottle of water).

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Last time I was on an airplane I had a backpack and a small duffel bag, the two of which contained everything I would need for about 4 days, including combat boots and a bottle of vodka.

5. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Someone posted that the airlines lose their bags half the time? That is quite a bit.
    Do you check in late?
    Do you have mulitple connecting flights?

At any rate, having worked in this industry I learned a long time ago to carry everyone you need into one carryon. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go.
    Socks/underwear. Toothbrush/paste. Passport/money/cc.//jeans and a few shirts.
    If your main luggage gets lost you can live a few days in just jeans.

I was in Egypt when my luggage was lost. I was traveling with someone else whose luggage was also lost. She had one pair of neon green trousers so you can imagine how much attention she drew to herself there.
    I was saved by my carryon crap.

Later on, I ditched the whole suitcase thing and just stuffed everything into a backpack and that was it.

This is my contribution to the post.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Laptop and bottled water.

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the largest one I can get away with, which is generally a decent sized duffle bag.. Since I get bored easily, it has 1 days worth of clothes (I can buy more later if need be), books, walkman, CDs, nail stuff, makeup, cards, puzzlebooks, tiny bottles of nail polish, water, snacks, and anything else I think might be entertaining at the time.

Then...there's my purse. :)

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't get out much. I keep what I can't replace or don't want to rely on airline for. (thus laptop and water!) Everything else, loose it, and pay me the going rate! I travel and shop anyways...

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    laptop, c-4, .38, couple of knives. oh and a book too.

10. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I found it hard to sit still for a lousy 3 hour and 15 minute flight to Vegas...Need stuff to do. :)