"Stand your ground" doesn't apply!

Some of these comments are pretty unbelievable. They remind me of the often told stories of black people found in the river here in the south: "Look at that... that negro stole two cinder blocks and a log chain and tried to swim the river to get away!"

This guy Zimmerman went out looking for trouble and ended up murdering an unarmed juvenile. End of story.

the author of the 'stand your ground' says it does not apply to this case. it was passed to help women and children threatened in the home....not to allow death cause you are 'black out walking'

Everybody's got their agenda, and, SYG has very-little, to do, with making Florida....

.....a safe-place to live.

cash-1.jpg

"Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush was not the only prominent Florida official to back Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, despite repeated warnings that it would be seen as a “license to kill” by gunmen like the Sanford, Florida, neighborhood watchman who stands accused of slaying teenager Trayvon Martin."

Last edited:
The lawyer said that because the stand your ground rule doesn't apply. Zimmerman was attacked and he defended himself.

Liberals don't believe that a 6'2", 200 lbs. black man can cause any harm armed with a full bottle of iced tea.

What??? Zimmerman outweighed Martin by 100 pounds!!! What are you talking about?? Where is the proof that Zimmerman was hurt by Martin?? I don't believe it.

the author of the 'stand your ground' says it does not apply to this case. it was passed to help women and children threatened in the home....not to allow death cause you are 'black out walking'

I don't know what the particulars of the Florida law are. I listened to a pretty good debate on the Indiana law for this type of case.

The Indiana Law allows the use of deadly force by anyone when the life or the safety of an individual is threatened. The example was a man sees a woman being raped and he shoots the rapist. The Indiana Law is far more specific and complex than I represent above.

By the Standard of the Indiana law, and by my understanding of what happened in Florida, the kid was not threatening anyone AT THE TIME HE WAS SHOT and therefore this was not a righteous shooting.

One man's opinion.

You are uninformed. Everything that has been released about the case points to Martin being the aggressor. Not originally mind you. If Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin in the beginning like the dispacher told him to, this wouldn't have happened. That however is not a crime, or at least isn't eveidence that it wasn't self-defense.

You are such a liar.

Sure he was attacked. At 250 lbs, following a boy that weighed in at 140 lbs and being told by the police to back off and not make contact, he was attacked by that boy?

Back all the tapes of the consversations made public, Zimmermann is guilty as hell, and committed murder. And the police of Sanford are guilty of aiding and abetting after the fact.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back