"Stand your ground" doesn't apply!

the author of the 'stand your ground' says it does not apply to this case. it was passed to help women and children threatened in the home....not to allow death cause you are 'black out walking'

The lawyer said that because the stand your ground rule doesn't apply. Zimmerman was attacked and he defended himself.

Liberals don't believe that a 6'2", 200 lbs. black man can cause any harm armed with a full bottle of iced tea.

Last edited:
Sure he was attacked. At 250 lbs, following a boy that weighed in at 140 lbs and being told by the police to back off and not make contact, he was attacked by that boy?

Back all the tapes of the consversations made public, Zimmermann is guilty as hell, and committed murder. And the police of Sanford are guilty of aiding and abetting after the fact.

the author of the 'stand your ground' says it does not apply to this case. it was passed to help women and children threatened in the home....not to allow death cause you are 'black out walking'

I don't know what the particulars of the Florida law are. I listened to a pretty good debate on the Indiana law for this type of case.

The Indiana Law allows the use of deadly force by anyone when the life or the safety of an individual is threatened. The example was a man sees a woman being raped and he shoots the rapist. The Indiana Law is far more specific and complex than I represent above.

By the Standard of the Indiana law, and by my understanding of what happened in Florida, the kid was not threatening anyone AT THE TIME HE WAS SHOT and therefore this was not a righteous shooting.

One man's opinion.

I don't know what the particulars of the Florida law are. I listened to a pretty good debate on the Indiana law for this type of case.

The Indiana Law allows the use of deadly force by anyone when the life or the safety of an individual is threatened. The example was a man sees a woman being raped and he shoots the rapist. The Indiana Law is far more specific and complex than I represent above.

By the Standard of the Indiana law, and by my understanding of what happened in Florida, the kid was not threatening anyone AT THE TIME HE WAS SHOT and therefore this was not a righteous shooting.

One man's opinion.

Not just an opinion Code.

Lawful Self-Defense - Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS

When can I use my handgun to protect myself?

A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

Sure he was attacked. At 250 lbs, following a boy that weighed in at 140 lbs and being told by the police to back off and not make contact, he was attacked by that boy?

Back all the tapes of the consversations made public, Zimmermann is guilty as hell, and committed murder. And the police of Sanford are guilty of aiding and abetting after the fact.

Ignoring the fact that Martin did not weigh 140 pouinds when he was shot, I have weighed 250 pounds a couple of times in my life, you get winded fast. When you have no breath left, 140 pounds can take you down easily.

Try logic, facts and reason for a change.

One man's opinion.

You are uninformed. Everything that has been released about the case points to Martin being the aggressor. Not originally mind you. If Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin in the beginning like the dispacher told him to, this wouldn't have happened. That however is not a crime, or at least isn't eveidence that it wasn't self-defense.

i would be less concerned with weight and more concerned with facts...armed man against unarmed teen.....armed man follows teen....armed man kills teen.....now does armed man get away with murder or not?

You mean facts like the miscreant was told to back off. The kid had every right to be where he was, and was not causing trouble in any way. The fact that the asshole was told be the police to back off and not confront the boy. That he confronted him, starting the fight, and then shot him. And the police did nothing in an obvious case of murder.

One man's opinion.

You are uninformed. Everything that has been released about the case points to Martin being the aggressor. Not originally mind you. If Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin in the beginning like the dispacher told him to, this wouldn't have happened. That however is not a crime, or at least isn't eveidence that it wasn't self-defense.

Now that is a fucking lie. A kid is followed by a very large aggressive man he doesn't know for no reason that he can see. The man confronts him. At that point, whatever the kid does is self defense. Zimmermann commited murder, and would have gotten away with it were it not for the public outcry.

One man's opinion.

Not just an opinion Code.

Lawful Self-Defense - Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS

When can I use my handgun to protect myself?

A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

The highlighted applies in this case.

Last edited:
No one disputes that Zimmerman called police from his SUV, then left it and encountered Trayvon on foot as the teenager returned from a 7-Eleven candy run.

from your own link

that just says it all doesnt it....the kid was on a fucking candy run and shot by this man

One man's opinion.

Wow...so Martin talking to a girlfriend on the phone about a guy who is following him and her telling him to run points to him as the aggressor? Really?

Forum List

Back