STAND YOUR GROUND, conflicts?

In the end, if Zimmerman tries to use this defense in a trial, or just gets a pass, and is never indicted, there is going to be a lot of interest in this law. And the injustice that it creates.

In the end, if Zimmerman tries to use this defense in a trial, or just gets a pass, and is never indicted, there is going to be a lot of interest in this law. And the injustice that it creates.

You are assuming it is an unjust law because you believe Zimmerman to be guilty. The fact is, he hasn't been charged... yet alone convicted.

Thank you Old Rocks; the fact that one case was decided by a Judge, the other by police raises questions in my mind.

Thank you Old Rocks; the fact that one case was decided by a Judge, the other by police raises questions in my mind.

Teen broke the law. Went to court.

Zman didnt break the law says the evidence, witnesses and review of the same by the law.

You are assuming it is an unjust law because you believe Zimmerman to be guilty. The fact is, he hasn't been charged... yet alone convicted.

No, I have questions about the application.

Zman didnt break the law says the evidence, witnesses and review of the same by the law.

So it comes down to simple self defense, not STAND YOUR GROUND; that I can accept, even if I disagree.

So it comes down to simple self defense, not STAND YOUR GROUND; that I can accept, even if I disagree.

Teen could claim SYG with a baseball bat for example.

This is what I asked on the other thread ... does the law's protection move from one person to the next and back again, depending on who happens to have the upper hand at any given point in time?

I fear you're going to do me severe bodily harm or worse ... so I use force which causes you to fear I'm going to do you severe harm or worse ... so you use force which causes me to believe you're going to do me severe harm or worse ...

That's what's so crazy about this IMO.

A fine line keeps Jacksonville teen jailed despite 'Stand Your Ground' law | jacksonville.com

In this case, a Judge made the decision, and in Zimmerman's case the Sanford police so "ruled". What is the difference?

Not lawful for a teen to posses a firearm.

Without his parents' permission. Alcoholics, drug addicts, the mentally incapacitated and felons are also barred. That brings up the question as to why Zimmerman wasn't alcohol or drugs.

the one time i elected to stand my ground.....i would have killed an unarmed man....but at that point it was about the safety of myself and my child....i decided when i would kill and i stuck to it....i am thankful the bedroom door never opened. would i have been wrong to kill an unarmed man? nc says i am not.

This is what I asked on the other thread ... does the law's protection move from one person to the next and back again, depending on who happens to have the upper hand at any given point in time?

I fear you're going to do me severe bodily harm or worse ... so I use force which causes you to fear I'm going to do you severe harm or worse ... so you use force which causes me to believe you're going to do me severe harm or worse ...

That's what's so crazy about this IMO.

At the end of the dance you better have physical evidence and witnesses to corroborate your story to the satisfaction of the authorities.

Zimmerman did.

the one time i elected to stand my ground.....i would have killed an unarmed man....but at that point it was about the safety of myself and my child....i decided when i would kill and i stuck to it....i am thankful the bedroom door never opened. would i have been wrong to kill an unarmed man? nc says i am not.

Forceful entry ?

DRT = Dead Right There.

No question in your home, in Florida, I BELIEVE, if you feared bodily injury, or the stranger had no right to be in your home.

Forum List

Back