Stand Up For Heroes

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I went to a benefit show for this organization the other night. It raises funds for the Bob Woodruff Foundation. For those of you who remember, Bob Woodruff is the reporter who was severely injured by an IED at the start of the Iraq War. He's made an amazing recovery and he and his phenomenal wife, Lee, instead of focusing on their own suffering, took the tragedy of what happened and have turned it into an amazing effort to help our injured troops.

The Bob Woodruff Foundation is the national nonprofit that helps ensure our nation’s injured service members, veterans and their families return to a homefront ready to support them. Read more at About Us.
ReMIND.org is a public education movement of the Bob Woodruff Foundation that educates the public about the needs of injured service members, veterans and their families as they reintegrate into their communities.

ReMIND.org | Welcome

I've already done my bit for this organization this week. Since today is Veteran's Day, I hope some of you will consider making a gift to this worthy charity in honor of those who served.

Thanks. I usually don't shill for charities, but I thought today was apropos for this one.

I went to a benefit show for this organization the other night. It raises funds for the Bob Woodruff Foundation. For those of you who remember, Bob Woodruff is the reporter who was severely injured by an IED at the start of the Iraq War. He's made an amazing recovery and he and his phenomenal wife, Lee, instead of focusing on their own suffering, took the tragedy of what happened and have turned it into an amazing effort to help our injured troops.

The Bob Woodruff Foundation is the national nonprofit that helps ensure our nation’s injured service members, veterans and their families return to a homefront ready to support them. Read more at About Us.
ReMIND.org is a public education movement of the Bob Woodruff Foundation that educates the public about the needs of injured service members, veterans and their families as they reintegrate into their communities.

ReMIND.org | Welcome

I've already done my bit for this organization this week. Since today is Veteran's Day, I hope some of you will consider making a gift to this worthy charity in honor of those who served.

Thanks. I usually don't shill for charities, but I thought today was apropos for this one.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I completely agree. It is one thing to be grateful, it is another to show our gratitude practically.... if you can't give money, give time. There are thousands of vets in need of support.

ReMIND.org | Welcome

I made my donation at the beginning of the year. 28 grand to the IRS.

we don't do enough for our soldiers when they come home.

and forgetting them when they come home wounded is a tragedy.

It's better than it used to be, but, you are right. It's not enough. Americans spend ridiculous amounts of money on crap for Christmas, Thanksgiving and any other excuse... and we're real quick to say we're grateful... we should show our gratitude instead.

Yes we should show our graditude and we should fund the government programs for them fully and make sure any new need is met without anyone having to run a private program to get them what they need.

If you are willing to send them in harms way you better fucking be ready to FUND any and every need the returning vets will have.

The right has refused to do this my entire life.

Yes we should show our graditude and we should fund the government programs for them fully and make sure any new need is met without anyone having to run a private program to get them what they need.

If you are willing to send them in harms way you better fucking be ready to FUND any and every need the returning vets will have.

Idiot.

Right. There is no VA, for example.

negged for politicizing a nonpolitical thread.

Bob Woodruff Foundation
You Made A PaymentPayments By PayPal

Your payment for $50.00 USD has been completed.

You are now being redirected to Bob Woodruff Foundation

:salute:

Woodruff, the ABC newsman who suffered a serious head wound in Iraq, now raises big money for more than 40 veterans' organizations collected under the umbrella of his foundation. In addition to ticket sales, audience members last night pledged nearly $400,000, and one patron bought Springsteen's acoustic guitar, his shirt, his harmonica and harmonica rack – and a year's worth of maintenance on the rack, joked newsman Brian Williams – for $160,000.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart Highlight Stand Up for Heroes Benefit | Music News | Rolling Stone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGNq2-S06I]Bruce Springsteen/Land Of Hope And Dreams Live in Barcelona - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzP1pkbvowg]Bruce Springsteen Land of Hope and Dreams "Stand up for Heroes" 11/9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back