Stance on Gay Rights/ Marriage

I think it's a fuckin' disease, but to each their own and who the fuck am I to get in the way of that.

Impossible for it to be a disease because it is not something medically induced on a person... at least you somewhat respect them

No, I don't respect them for their queerness, but I have met a couple in my trade that I respected their work. As long as it isn't in my house I simply don't care what they do.

I think it's a fuckin' disease, but to each their own and who the fuck am I to get in the way of that.

Impossible for it to be a disease because it is not something medically induced on a person... at least you somewhat respect them

No, I don't respect them for their queerness, but I have met a couple in my trade that I respected their work. As long as it isn't in my house I simply don't care what they do.

So...you're saying you respect people like me as long as our "queerness" isn't in front of you?

I am just curious as to where you guys stand when it comes to this argument...

As citizens Gays have all the same rights as everyone else, there is no need to provide "special" rights for them.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Get the Government out of Marriage, call everything the Government licenses and makes laws for a " Domestic Partnership" or some such. Leave Marriage to the religions.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

As citizens Gays have all the same rights as everyone else, there is no need to provide "special" rights for them.

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Get the Government out of Marriage, call everything the Government licenses and makes laws for a " Domestic Partnership" or some such. Leave Marriage to the religions.

I agree that government should stay out of gay marriage, but feel that if they HAVE to be involved with it, why not make it nationally legal for gays to get married instead of a state-by-state basis? I agree with you though, focus on "Domestic Partnership" laws/ideas.

So...you're saying you respect people like me as long as our "queerness" isn't in front of you?

Just in my own castle, that's all I can control, and I've been blessed that it hasn't infected my family, yet.
I've worked alongside without issue many times, and socially I just don't see many in my circles.

I am tired of the " in your face" activities of gays in General.

Except for Marde Gra care to name a place that has a sexual parade with naked men and women fornicating and sexually grab assing?

I do NOT want to see sexual kissing be it a man and a woman or 2 people of the same sex. I do not want to see sexual grab ass by anyone either. It is unacceptable behavior in public spaces. As is nudity and sex in parks.

I don't want children exposed to condoms or other left overs from sex in their parks or play areas. And generally speaking those things are left by gays predominately ( males to be specific).

You want sex? Do it in a private place. Do not do it in a public place. It is not any of my business what you do with another consenting adult in private. It most assuredly IS my business what you do in PUBLIC spaces and areas.

All people have the same rights. Redefining marriage changes what marriage is.

Anyone can enter into any agreement they want. The government doesn't have to recognize that agreement though.

All people have the same rights. Redefining marriage changes what marriage is.

Anyone can enter into any agreement they want. The government doesn't have to recognize that agreement though.

In some States there is no law allowing same sex couples to legally obtain the same rights as are granted by a " Marriage". Thus why the Government, which has compelling reasons to regulate partnerships in numerous legal issues, should stop providing marriage licenses and provide some sort of " Domestic partnership" license.

I'm strongly against homosexuality religiously. I'm also against the government regulating marriage. The government's role in marriage should simply be recognizing what religious and non-religious organizations join together as marriage (between TWO... CONSENTING... ADULT... HUMAN BEINGS). So if a "church" wants to marry two gays so be it. I won't go to that church, nor would I personally recognize it as a "marriage".

I find it repulsive though, personally.

You're NEVER, and I repeat, never going to get the government out of legal, civil marriage.

What compelling state reason is there to keep gay and lesbian, consenting adult, couples from equal access to it?

No one should be treated differently because of the way they were born.

Marriage is a contract between two unrelated, consenting adults. And in some states, between related adults. If the Government recognizes one, they must recognize all.

Why is the government in the marriage business? If you go to The Church of the Sacred Beaver, and they choose to marry homosexuals, it's nobody else's business as far as I'm concerned. It only becomes problematic with government tries to pick winners and losers when it comes to who can marry who. Same problem with the economy.

I've been to a good number of gay pride parades and the worst thing I ever saw was a topless woman. (who was told to cover herself by parade security staff). I've seen more horrific displays on the beach in Florida.

Instead of relying on corporate media, try going to one.

Forum List

Back