Stalemate: Trump Theory

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A stalemate is a situation in the game of chess where the player whose turn it is to move is not in check but has no legal move. The rules of chess provide that when stalemate occurs, the game ends as a draw (i.e. having no winner) (source of information: Wikipedia).

Competitive scenarios in sports and politics create a demand for a clear winner, but sometimes a draw/stalemate can create intriguing conditions for peace or negotiation (e.g., the Cold War).

When Jesus Christ faced the ominous Roman politician Pilate, he was forced to concede silence on points of political ambiguity (which Pilate used to his advantage), but this 'stalemate' did not deter the Christian Messiah from completing his salvation-deed of self-sacrifice.

In the modern world, we may face similar circumstances of political ambiguity, which require us to exhibit patience and even acceptance of 'stalemate' situations. For example, feminists who supported Senator Hillary Clinton during her 2016 presidential campaign now have to accept a male-dominant and arguably capitalism-subjective Donald Trump as their American President, which may be challenging but may not necessarily destroy intentions towards continuing democratic dialogue.

Let's imagine therefore a hypothetical 'stalemate' between God and Satan regarding the destiny of Job. The purpose of this hypothetical 'model-translation' is to raise the question, "Does competitiveness create dangerous instincts towards self-destruction?"

Such a question is symbolic it seems in our new (arguably) capitalism-subjective 'TrumpUSA.'

Maybe the best way to embrace TrumpUSA is to declare an 'ideological stalemate.'

====

GOD: Job is a devout man with much worry about his fortunes.
SATAN: Let's agree then that Job is flawed, since he has obvious carnal desires.
GOD: Well, I never said Job is definitively flawed; I only said he sometimes needs encouragement.
SATAN: Would you trust Job to rule your kingdom?
GOD: No, but I also do not think Job would want to rule in my place...
SATAN: Maybe not, but Job would certainly envy your material comforts!
GOD: How does Job know I have material comforts? Job should meditate on his own needs.
SATAN: Yes, but one of Job's 'needs' is to contemplate the scope of the fortunes of others (including God).
GOD: Perhaps you're correct, but he should be encouraged to develop his human interest to remain human.
SATAN: I see what you mean. So we should encourage Job to seek his own happiness...
GOD: That's correct. He seems confused about the 'absolute reality' of envy, but envy is not abstract...
SATAN: Maybe not, but Job should be allowed to 'entertain' his curiosity about 'abstract envy.'
GOD: Job can watch movies about gambling or wealthy men, but he should embrace himself.
SATAN: Movies do not encourage 'escapism' necessarily.
GOD: As with all things (including movies), how you 'use' something is as important as how others use it.
SATAN: Well, then we've arrived at a symbolic 'stalemate' I think, since we both agree that Job needs help.
GOD: I agree. I disagree however that 'entertaining' Job is a high priority.
SATAN: That's alright. I'm willing to be Job's 'entertainer' or argumentative 'Devil's Advocate.'
GOD: The first think regarding stalemate/compromise Job should understand is the Cold War.
SATAN: Yes, the Cold War nearly ended in a stalemate between the USA and the USSR.
GOD: That's right, and Job should appreciate that stalemates are conditions for continued negotiation.
SATAN: Very well, I will 'entertain' Job with movies about Cold War 'intrigue' (e.g., James Bond films!).
GOD: I trust that Job will coordinate his 'lessons' about stalemate with considerations about competition.
SATAN: Maybe Job can find simple happiness playing the lottery...

====

7th Gate.gif

New Topics

Forum List

Back