Stained glass and other things!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Hello,

I do stained glass. I have been doing it for about 2 years now. So I am a relative newbie to it.

Below are some of the pieces i have done.

I would love to discuss arts and crafts with others? What do you do and why?

Attachments

• $P9020002.JPG
    $P9020002.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 177
  • $P8270001.JPG
    $P8270001.JPG
    768.9 KB · Views: 139
  • $P8270005.JPG
    $P8270005.JPG
    502.2 KB · Views: 141
I make great illustrated books of the past available to people on line for free, as well as make translations of those books in 33 different languages also freely available online.

Why?

Because, I decided in '96 that such a task was doable, that it was relatively cheap for me to do (I had money back then) and if I did all the work myself to show people that it could be done, eventually people would join me in the library and literature project.

I am one of those rare people who doesn't think he's really an artist so all I can do is make it possible for art to flourish.

i would love to see your work.

i think the craftsman part of stained glass is the most of it...cutting...foiling etc....but the artisitic part does come in....patterns and the selection of glass...so we do fall into both fields..

Hello,

I do stained glass. I have been doing it for about 2 years now. So I am a relative newbie to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below are some of the pieces i have done. { Nice work (ART).}
I Have two pains of glass, I want to replace with Stained Glass Art!
in my Living Room! Below the visible beamed ceiling. has a 3" wood separator between them. 6' Wide X 4' to 3', ( about a 12 Deg. Taper.) High ( "Approx.")
I was thinking of a Butterfly & Blue Bird in them. Please Work with me on this...:udaman:

my only concern is the size of the panels....over a 2 ft panel you will need re inforcement...assuming you are doing tiffany....are you doing tiffany or leaded? i have only done tiffany....and the biggest piece i have worked on with a friend was maybe 4' by 3 ' and we did a re inforcement.

are you talking about the type of blue bird on tats?

my only concern is the size of the panels....over a 2 ft panel you will need re inforcement...assuming you are doing tiffany....are you doing tiffany or leaded? i have only done tiffany....and the biggest piece i have worked on with a friend was maybe 4' by 3 ' and we did a re inforcement.

are you talking about the type of blue bird on tats?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Thought Leaded would be best... Blue bird Patterns I haven't found yet.:)

leaded is best for large pieces....i just do tiffany with the reinforcement.....i would do the tat bluebird..its really nice and colorful...that is a large piece for just a butterfly and bluebird.

i would love to see your work.

i think the craftsman part of stained glass is the most of it...cutting...foiling etc....but the artisitic part does come in....patterns and the selection of glass...so we do fall into both fields..

Google up "children's books online" you'll find the Rosetta Project easily enough.

We think its about 30,000 html pages long now, including translations.

i did and found a wonderful website....the work yall are doing is unbelievable.

When you get a chance go check out where our volunteers are coming from. There's a link leading to that list on the homepage, FYI.

Hundreds and hundreds of people from all over the globe have contributed their labor to make that site possible.

When I founded this organziation, people laughed at me.

And when I say people, I mean people who actually like know me personally, laughed at me and told me it would never work.

I worked on developing this organzation for five years before I found a single person who understood the potential of the concept, and began working on it full time like I did for thousands and thousands of hours.

Nobody's laughing anymore...except of course for the other "charities" which take my labor and call it their own.

They're laughing now, but assuming I can ever get off my ass to go after them legally, they might not laugh so hard when the courts start charging them for every page and every image they've pirated and are currently calling their own. (and charging people to read or download, too!)

I have many hobbies but the one I pratice the most (currently) is jewelry making and fabricating chain mail armor. I also do some calligraphy and oil painting with a few pen and ink drawings thrown in.

okay yall...i got this subforum started so we can discuss what we do...i would love to see yall start your own threads in here....

ed i did look at the volunteers i was amazed a the scope of the project...

csm i would love to see the pics of your work? come on you guys...post pics and start threads....i think we may have a lot of hidden talent out there.

Hello,

Nice work, 'Bones! I enjoy working with wood, but would be reluctant to call it 'art'.

-Joe

joe we call that crafts.....come on....post pics...i think woodworking can be very beautiful. as i stated most of stained glass is craft...but the selection of glass can be very artistic ... as can the selections of wood.

Google up "children's books online" you'll find the Rosetta Project easily enough.

We think its about 30,000 html pages long now, including translations.[/QUOTE-------------------------------------------------------

I Searched -- Stained Glass Art -- WOW!:clap2:

Hello,

That's nice work. There should be a market for that. Are you selling any?

i have sold a bit..its a tough market....you cant charge for what you have in it...each piece of glass is touched...6 or more times...before the project is finished....plus i dont do stuff to market....i do stuff i like...the angels and butterflies were commerical projects..the cheshire cat...is not for sale...of course copyright laws prevent that....i do it for myself more than anything...when you are working with glass you dont think of your problems..i guess it works that way with all arts...or crafts

joe we call that crafts.....come on....post pics...i think woodworking can be very beautiful. as i stated most of stained glass is craft...but the selection of glass can be very artistic ... as can the selections of wood.

HA!! That reminds me. My kid sent this pic of the only wood carving I've ever done. It was at least 40 years ago and I don't even remember doing it.

Attachments

• $Injun.JPG
    $Injun.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 146
o i wished i could do that...carve wood....my secret ambition.....to be a carve of logs and make bears and all....there are some really great artist in this area that do that...i will try to find some pics of their work...

Forum List

Back