CDZ ST. LOUIS RAMS COME OUT WITH 'HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT' SALUTE

Actually, they are saying that it is wrong for cops to shoot unarmed people, that's pretty much what the hands up thing is all about.

And....................like I said....................they have the right to free speech.

And.................because of free speech (you're welcome, spent 20 years of my life defending this country and it's freedoms), you have the right to call them thugs, because it is YOUR opinion.

And........................I have the right to disagree with you calling the players thugs.

See how free speech works?

By the way........................how come conservatives were enthusiastically defending Tim Tebow's right to free speech when he put Bible verses on his eyeblack and kneeled down and prayed every time he scored a touchdown, yet they are firmly against these 5 Rams players?

I find it interesting that when the NFL teams show their support and solidarity for stuff like breast cancer awareness by wearing pink shoes and having pink ribbons on their uniform, everyone applauds because cancer is a bad thing and everyone is against it.

However.................when they show solidarity with the people of Ferguson and the needless deaths of many at the hands of police, everyone who disagrees with them say they should shut up and not exercise their right to free speech.

I guess it depends on if you agree with the cause or not that you'd be willing to allow NFL players to have opinions.

If they are allowed free speech in supporting causes, the players themselves should be allowed to choose what cause they support or don't.

If you're going to allow them free speech in support of cancer research, you have to allow them to exercise that same right in support of other causes as well.

Or..............get rid of the pink ribbons if you won't allow them to walk on the field with their hands up.

I disagree with them, however, they have the right to their opinion and if the NFL says its fine for them to express, its fine by me.

I do not have any objection to people voicing their objections over the 5 player's actions.

You want to make a stand, you want to protest then be man enough to take the criticism.

By the way........................how come conservatives were enthusiastically defending Tim Tebow's right to free speech when he put Bible verses on his eyeblack and kneeled down and prayed every time he scored a touchdown, yet they are firmly against these 5 Rams players?
Tebow took a stand and took criticism for it, so the group that says Tebow was wrong is the same group that says the St. Louis 5 are right. Funny how freedom works.

Good for them. Though freedom from harm isn't a political statement. It is the basis for civilization. Without it there is anarchy (as we can plainly see on even the most biased cable news coverage)

Forum List

Back