SREC Member: "I got into politics to put Christian conservatives into office."

Why am I not surprised that neither of you see the problem with the blatant bigotry against the Jewish candidate in this place. Or rather, neither of you care. If this was happening to a Christian, I'm sure both of your tunes would be rather different.

Like this is'nt already happening on the liberal side of the aisle????

Give me a break. He is free to promote whomever he sees fit. Just like the proud libs do....

not really... there isn't allowed to be any 'religious test' for politicians in this country. there's also this silly thing called the first amendment which requires the separation of church and state.

so no...he's not allowed to.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Separartion of Church and State? "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"??? And you make that dumb claim?

Again, lawyer my ass.

Last edited:
Since when does one guy speak for all conservatives?

Or are YOU claiming to speak for conservatives...

Here are YOUR words again:
Hear that folks, if you're pro-choice or pro-gay rights then you cannot possibly be a Conservative.

Perhaps some clarification on the meaning of your accusation is in order...

Did I say he speaks for all conservatives? No. I'm merely pointing out this one's guy logic.

You're the one who is jumping to conclusions that I'm saying he speaks for all Conservatives. I'm merely mocking his logic because clearly any real conservative would not say such things like he did.

Hear that folks, if you're pro-choice or pro-gay rights then you cannot possibly be a Conservative.

WerE ^^^^^^ those your words? or someone else's words?

Give me a break. He is free to promote whomever he sees fit. Just like the proud libs do....

not really... there isn't allowed to be any 'religious test' for politicians in this country. there's also this silly thing called the first amendment which requires the separation of church and state.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Separartion of Church and State? "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"??? And you make that sumb claim?

Again, lawyer my ass.

pssssst! They pray before every session of congress begins too. :eusa_shhh:

Bother to read the article? He's opposing Straus for his Pro-Gay Rights and Pro-Choice views. Clearly the guy believes one cannot be a Conservative if they have such views. I disagree, hence my mocking of the guy's logic.

There are several people on this board who I'm sure would agree with him too.

Since when does one guy speak for all conservatives?

Or are YOU claiming to speak for conservatives...

Here are YOUR words again:

Perhaps some clarification on the meaning of your accusation is in order...

Did I say he speaks for all conservatives? No. I'm merely pointing out this one's guy logic.

You're the one who is jumping to conclusions that I'm saying he speaks for all Conservatives. I'm merely mocking his logic because clearly any real conservative would not say such things like he did.

You didn't really clarify your broad brush statement, doggie...

I don't really care how he feels, nor do I believe his comments have any significance on Conservatives in general...

Does that make me a bigot?

Jillian, showing her utter goofiness, cites the First Amendment as proof the man can't promote his religious beliefs.

Wow, just wow.

I don't really care how he feels, nor do I believe his comments have any significance on Conservatives in general...

I didn't think I'd have to clarify what is obviously sarcasm. As for your question, I don't really get where that came from.

Separartion of Church and State? "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"??? And you make that sumb claim?

Again, lawyer my ass.

pssssst! They pray before every session of congress begins too. :eusa_shhh:

Indeed. If she's a lawyer, I pity her clients... all 2 of them.

Everyone has an agenda. This is his. So what? He would like to see more Christian Conservatives in office. He is well within his rights to push his agenda. It doesn't make him a "Bigot." That's a real stretch at best. This accusation only makes me believe the OP is pushing his or her own agenda. I guess now would be a good time to start making some accusations against this OP. Let the insults fly. Enjoy.

Why am I not surprised that neither of you see the problem with the blatant bigotry against the Jewish candidate in this place. Or rather, neither of you care. If this was happening to a Christian, I'm sure both of your tunes would be rather different.

Wow...wrong on both counts.....
Their is this religious test, practiced by the left, that demands that no moral, true believer of the Christian faith ever be allowed to gain office....ridicule and character assassination will be swift and works 98% of the time....

and of course the 1st amendment prevents

1...the government from making laws concerning the ESTABLISHMENT of religion
and
2...prevents the government from making laws that prevent the free exercise of religion....

anything else is an imaginary, trumped up interpretation made up by activists on the left.

The law is the Constitution, not some 'founding fathers' letters or writings of his personal beliefs....

Last edited:
Everyone has an agenda. This is his. So what? He would like to see more Christian Conservatives in office. He is well within his rights to push his agenda. It doesn't make him a "Bigot." That's a real stretch at best. This accusation only makes me believe the OP is pushing his or her own agenda. I guess now would be a good time to start making some accusations against this OP. Let the insults fly. Enjoy.

Of course, you rather just toss insults than actually discuss the issue at hand.

You seem to be confusing the point of this thread, though most likely purposefully as is that is your M.O. He is actively campaigning against the Jewish candidate in this case, even going so far as to say that Christians are the ones who do the best jobs.

If this were a case of a Muslim actively campaigning against a Christian simply because that person was a Christian then I doubt you would be singing the tune you are right now. In fact, you seem to have no problem with this guy pushing a Christian Conservative agenda but have a huge problem with those who want to push a Sharia Law agenda.

Bit of hypocrisy on your part.

Bother to read the article? He's opposing Straus for his Pro-Gay Rights and Pro-Choice views. Clearly the guy believes one cannot be a Conservative if they have such views. I disagree, hence my mocking of the guy's logic.

There are several people on this board who I'm sure would agree with him too.

Are you one of those fellows who just looks to be offended? My god Modbert, there are lots of people in the world who disagree with views. Yes you can be a conservative if you are pro gay, I am pro gay I am limited though in my pro choice stance. no way do I ever think abortion should be conveniently used as birth control. Gay people have every right to the same laws, and rights that straight people do. I'm just confused when it comes to gay marriage why gays insist on a religious ceremony? That's what marriage is a religious ceremony.

Are you one of those fellows who just looks to be offended? My god Modbert, there are lots of people in the world who disagree with views. Yes you can be a conservative if you are pro gay, I am pro gay I am limited though in my pro choice stance. no way do I ever think abortion should be conveniently used as birth control. Gay people have every right to the same laws, and rights that straight people do. I'm just confused when it comes to gay marriage why gays insist on a religious ceremony? That's what marriage is a religious ceremony.

Again, you seem to have confused the point of this thread.

Again, you seem to have confused the point of this thread.

Oh I get it. We're too dumb to read this thread. Kerry On then.

That's your own opinion, not mine. I merely said you seem to be confusing the point of this thread, I said nothing about your own intelligence. I'd recommend not jumping to such conclusions.

I didn't think I'd have to clarify what is obviously sarcasm.
Wasn't obvious... Perhaps you've made similar non-sarcastic remarks in the past...:eusa_think:

Was the aim of this thread to just mock this one guy or an overall dig on conservatives? The latter tactic is used here often... If it is to mock this one guy, I don't really care what someone believes or which candidates they chose to promote...

As for your question, I don't really get where that came from.

it stems from this (also from YOU):
It's another tactic used here often...

Similar to something like "How can you not see how this is blatant (fill in the blank)! If you don't care then you must be (fill in the blank)"

I understand this was not directed to me, but I assure you, I wouldn't care about your hypothetical reversal either and my tune would be the same...

That's your own opinion, not mine. I merely said you seem to be confusing the point of this thread, I said nothing about your own intelligence. I'd recommend not jumping to such conclusions.

You seem intent on insulting everyone, and you seem unwilling to clarify what you mean, you just think everyone who doesn't bend over backwards to suit your needs is a bigot.. kerry the heck on.

Was the aim of this thread to just mock this one guy

Yes. Hence why the title is SREC member and not say Representative of all Conservatives.

I even pointed out how he used the "best friends" line which I thought was hilarious.

Of course, you rather just toss insults than actually discuss the issue at hand.

You seem to be confusing the point of this thread, though most likely purposefully as is that is your M.O. He is actively campaigning against the Jewish candidate in this case, even going so far as to say that Christians are the ones who do the best jobs.

If this were a case of a Muslim actively campaigning against a Christian simply because that person was a Christian then I doubt you would be singing the tune you are right now. In fact, you seem to have no problem with this guy pushing a Christian Conservative agenda but have a huge problem with those who want to push a Sharia Law agenda.

Bit of hypocrisy on your part.

Like i said,a real stretch at best. You're distorting things so you can call him a Bigot. Nothing more,nothing less. That's the conclusion you wanted to reach. So in the end he has his agenda and you have yours. I can judge for myself which agenda i support. That's what America is all about. Everyone pushes their agendas and the People decide which ones they support or don't support. And that's the way it should be.

You seem intent on insulting everyone, and you seem unwilling to clarify what you mean, you just think everyone who doesn't bend over backwards to suit your needs is a bigot.. kerry the heck on.

Except I've been clarifying throughout the thread, such as when House asked. You're the one who got all offended for no reason simply because I pointed out you missed the point that I was making when I made this thread. I just explained it to House just now if you want to read.

Forum List

Back