Squirrel!!!... the Obama Campaign of Deflection

Murf76

Nov 11, 2008
Barack Obama will do ANYTHING to turn America's attention away from his pathetic record of FAILURE. The economy is going to hell in a handbasket, the debt has topped 16 trillion, his signature "accomplishment" is going to cost three times what he said it would as well as 80 million hours to implement, and it still manages to leave us footing the bill for 30 million. Our foreign policy is an utter mess, culminating recently in the murder of our Libyan ambassador and three other Americans. But of course, Obama's got a campaign to run so instead of addressing the crisis, he's smiling and laughing while he gives stump speeches in Vegas, interviews to entertainment outlets, and parties with celebrities.

And while all that's going on, and more.... Democrats and their leg-humping supporters in the mainstream media wag their fingers manically screeching "Squirrel!"

Democrats need to change their party mascot from the donkey to the squirrel. They divert the media and the electorate’s short attention spans with fleeting, fuzzy objects — like the talking dog in the animated Pixar movie “Up,” who was easily distracted from his main thoughts and serious duties by every last little, moving trifle.

Embassy attacks? Quick, find a squirrel! Warnings ignored? Squirrel! American troops killed by long-plotting jihadis exploiting security weaknesses? Squirrel! First Amendment sabotage by White House officials in the name of political correctness? Squirrel! Chronic joblessness, high gas prices, exploding dependency? Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!

cont...Michelle Malkin » Romney

Conservatives, call these people out. And I don't mean to argue endlessly with the slavering leftist idiots we find on message boards like this one. I mean pick up the phone and CALL your congresscritters. DEMAND answers and investigations. Write letters to your hometown newspapers and point out that these people WILL NOT engage in an adult discussion on the issues. They don't want to talk about REAL problems. They want to deflect with imagined gaffes and argue against strawman positions we don't even have. Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't continue to paste these guys with the truth in venues like this. I'm just saying... DO MORE than just that.

Forum List

Back