o and one of the cats is 17 lbs....he could do the job but squirrels are fast little varmits
Sometimes my cat will crouch and stalk for several hours to catch a squirrel.

The squirrel always comes down eventually for the pine cones.

When they do pow !!!

... The neighbor's cat could get into that and be poisoned. I actually had a cat who died from poisoning once when i was a kid. He got into something and he ended up dying.
If the neighbor had a cat, there would be no squirrels.

The neighbor's DOG on the other hand could be at risk.

Bullshit. There are cats AND squirrels all over the place.
Who taught you how to talk like a sailor ??

My mom.

Squirrels are horrible. They systematically eat the bulbs of flowers from the ground every winter. This is horrible. Because you want the bulbs to flower again every year.

Why do towns have ordinances against killing squirrels?

Why should you allow squirrels to eat your bulbs?

What do you get if you start shooting up the squirrels in your street? I discussed this with my neighbor and we would like to shoot them all. Do you think we will get something if we start?

What do you have to do to get rid of squirrels? Every time you kill one, two steps in its place. Is there a good solution here?
You need a cat.

In your case a Maine Coon would be ideal. They can kill bigger game.

It's pretty rare that a cat catches a squirrel, especially when it's a well fed pet.
You should see my cat.

He kills a squirrel about every day -- eats the head and shoulders then brings home the butt and tail to play with.

He has singlehandedly killed practically every squirrel in our neighborhood.

He is half Maine Coon.

The neighbors all love him.

Well, there are a whole bunch of cats around here, and a whole bunch of squirrels too.
It is probably of importance that the cat be whole or part Maine Coon.

... The neighbor's cat could get into that and be poisoned. I actually had a cat who died from poisoning once when i was a kid. He got into something and he ended up dying.

My mom.
Ladies are not supposed to have foul mouths like that.

It makes them seem like skanks.

I watch my neighbor's cat trying to catch squirrels all the time. He never catches them though. They sit in the trees and make noises at him and tease him. It's rather comical to watch.

My mom.

Oh fucking well. How do you like me now?

My mom.

Oh fucking well. How do you like me now?
I like to spank girlies who talk like that.

We have pack rats in Arizona. They chew on electrical wiring in cars among other things. Yeah crazy expensive destructive little bastards. I used to kill them but I use Hossfly's method now. I found they like chewy granola bar and it's not as messy as peanut butter. I have a 'resettlement camp' a couple miles away and away from houses. Problem solved.

As I've said before, I rehab wild animals and specialize in hawks and owls. Rapto4rs cannot be released until they show they can hunt and kill on their own. That means feeding them live food which isn't easy to come by.

Wonderful volunteers live trap pack rats (wood rats) and bring them to the facility. We call them Meals on Wheels.

Also set live traps under our van and cars. Started doing this after the little buggers chewed wires in the engine compartment.

Don't know where you are but this is a really helpful service. Just drop them off on your way to work ...

squirrels arent getting your bulbs....moles are.....
Moles are very very easy to kill in one day. Take your mower and remove the muffler and install a 3/8 double nipple pipe fitting. Then install a reduction bell backwards so the pipe is now 1/2 inch. Hook one end of your garden hose to it and the other down the hole. Start the mower and go have lunch. The exhaust gas will kill them all in about an hour.

I like this guys method....

^That is the bomb! :badgrin: A BB gun or slingshot might be cheaper.

Moles are very very easy to kill in one day. Take your mower and remove the muffler and install a 3/8 double nipple pipe fitting. Then install a reduction bell backwards so the pipe is now 1/2 inch. Hook one end of your garden hose to it and the other down the hole. Start the mower and go have lunch. The exhaust gas will kill them all in about an hour.

I like this guys method....

^That is the bomb! :badgrin: A BB gun or slingshot might be cheaper.

But not nearly as much fun!!
I have an oxy/acetylene set up and I know how to use it!!:biggrin:

Squirrels are horrible. They systematically eat the bulbs of flowers from the ground every winter. This is horrible. Because you want the bulbs to flower again every year.

What do you get if you start shooting up the squirrels in your street? I discussed this with my neighbor and we would like to shoot them all. Do you think we will get something if we start?

What do you have to do to get rid of squirrels? Every time you kill one, two steps in its place. Is there a good solution here?

For starters, squirrels don't eat bulbs. We have bulbs, squirrels, voles, moles, skunks, raccoons, possum, deer and no problem with them coming up an blooming every year.

Why do people fight battles they can't win? The deer demolished our ornamental but really, I'd rater have little bambi's born in our side yard than have some dumb plant growing. Nothing is more fun than watching tiny fawns from our kitchen window.

Our next door neighbor has a company come every month to spray for insects. They still have every bug and spider and we don't have any - because our house is tight.

It really is a lot more fun to live WITH nature than trying to win a battle against her. Fight Mother Nature and you will lose. That's the way its always been and the way it will always be.

~~~cold ~~~~~

The one thing we all know about DarkFury is that he has no balls.

For starters, squirrels don't eat bulbs. We have bulbs, squirrels, voles, moles, skunks, raccoons, possum, deer and no problem with them coming up an blooming every year.

Why do people fight battles they can't win? The deer demolished our ornamental but really, I'd rater have little bambi's born in our side yard than have some dumb plant growing. Nothing is more fun than watching tiny fawns from our kitchen window.

Our next door neighbor has a company come every month to spray for insects. They still have every bug and spider and we don't have any - because our house is tight.

It really is a lot more fun to live WITH nature than trying to win a battle against her. Fight Mother Nature and you will lose. That's the way its always been and the way it will always be.

Whatever the case may be.....
This is about killing or deterring pests.
After years of experience I've found the best way is the lethal one.

Get some concentrated coyote urine (no kidding) and spray it around.

It's expensive but it works at keeping manner of vermin from your property.
I tried that once to keep critters out of the garden. Unfortunately, the garden was within sniffing distance of the kitchen window. Drove us away, too.

Forum List

Back