anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Squirrels are horrible. They systematically eat the bulbs of flowers from the ground every winter. This is horrible. Because you want the bulbs to flower again every year.

Why do towns have ordinances against killing squirrels?

Why should you allow squirrels to eat your bulbs?

What do you get if you start shooting up the squirrels in your street? I discussed this with my neighbor and we would like to shoot them all. Do you think we will get something if we start?

What do you have to do to get rid of squirrels? Every time you kill one, two steps in its place. Is there a good solution here?

They are like that thing in Final Fantasy. The more you attack them, the more powerful they get.

My front yard looks like the pictures of Syria, from ground squirrels. Bastards won't go to the back yard where I want em'.

I have seen some people sit out Glass jars full of water or something.......even with a lid on it? Maybe scares them off? I don't know. But it looks ridiculous.

I poured some stuff (anything I wanted to get rid of) down a few holes but gave up. Now when I mow the yard I get beat to death from the bumps. It ain't no fun. I thought winter might get rid of them (or some local cats). But I still see signs of them. They are just hiding well.

I needed new grass anyways' someday. I am not like the neighbors using the illegal Mexican landscaper. He would not do it "once in a while" when I ask. Rohelio Velasquez wants a monthly contract at $40 per.

Squirrels are horrible. They systematically eat the bulbs of flowers from the ground every winter. This is horrible. Because you want the bulbs to flower again every year.

What do you get if you start shooting up the squirrels in your street? I discussed this with my neighbor and we would like to shoot them all. Do you think we will get something if we start?

What do you have to do to get rid of squirrels? Every time you kill one, two steps in its place. Is there a good solution here?

give them giant oak trees------and they will LIVE UP THERE. Only very a desperate
squirrel digs out the tulip bulbs. You probably cut your oak trees for MONEY----shame
on you

damn i would jump on 40 a month for lawn care.....rednecks wont do it for that

Its pretty small (how do they figure lot size? does it include the house?)
  • example: Lot: 5,500 sqft ....that is ~75' x 75' ? for everything? do you take off house sq footage? what if house is 2-story.
But there is edging, fertilizer, blower, he does pretty good. I don't know. I thought maybe I would do it for exercise and outside.

squirrels arent getting your bulbs....moles are.....
Moles are very very easy to kill in one day. Take your mower and remove the muffler and install a 3/8 double nipple pipe fitting. Then install a reduction bell backwards so the pipe is now 1/2 inch. Hook one end of your garden hose to it and the other down the hole. Start the mower and go have lunch. The exhaust gas will kill them all in about an hour.

Moles are very very easy to kill in one day. Take your mower and remove the muffler and install a 3/8 double nipple pipe fitting. Then install a reduction bell backwards so the pipe is now 1/2 inch. Hook one end of your garden hose to it and the other down the hole. Start the mower and go have lunch. The exhaust gas will kill them all in about an hour.

~~~cold ~~~~~

What state are you in? I had the joy of a squirrel infestation in the attic and the exterminators were forbidden to put out poison because there is an endangered squirrel in that state and they are afraid someone might kill one, not knowing the difference. We had to use Havahart traps and you never heard anything so loud as squirrels in three or four of them in the backseat while you drive them to the other side of the river to let them loose. We had 14 altogether.

I didn't know squirrels ate bulbs. Up here it's deer that do that.

Baited rat traps tacked to trees and fence rails.
You fix the problem and get a tasty animal for dinner.

If you find a good solution please let us know.

We have this horrible infestation of Marxist-leaning "progressives" wot wants dealing with......

~~~cold ~~~~~
Effective

I like this guys method....

i am growing more trees in containers.

I like bulbs. Some you put in your lawn and they grow flowers but you can mow them too. It's beautiful.

If you want to poison a squirrel, there is really no squirrel poison. However there is a bait called Just One Bite that is an excellent rat poison and squirrels will eat it, crawl off somewhere and die in about 2 days. However they die a very painful death so I won't use it. It should not be used where pets can eat it. It can be purchased at Sears, Amazon or E-Bay. I get rid of them by using a small squirrel trap that can be purchased at Walmart or Home Depot. Put a little bit of peanut butter in the trap and when the squirrel goes in, take the trap and drive to your brother-in-laws house and dump the squirrel in his yard. Problem.....solved.

Forum List

Back