spyware

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Trying to find information to help me take some spyware off. I have the uptodate versions of Adaware and Spybot and I cant seem to get all the spyware to stay off. Which is rather important if I am to take finals. Anyone know anything else I could turn to?

I have Xoftspy. It cost about $40, but it is well worth the money. They stay on the ball with frequent updates.

I had Spybot and was still having trouble. I was shocked at what all was on my computer that Xoftspy found that Spybot didn't. There was somewhere around a hundred different things Xoftspy got rid of and I haven't had any problems since. What's really cool is if it is something that might screw up your computer if it is removed, this stuff recognizes it and lets you know, so you aren't shooting in the dark.

Like I said, it's not free, but in my opinion it has been more than worth the $40 I spent on it.

Above program sounds like a winner to me. I have used SpywareNuker for the past two years without any problems. The cost was under $30. Also use McAfee's QuickClean, which I have been satisfied with. I paid $10 for QuickClean via a computer offer, but it runs about $30 in retail stores. QuickClean gives you several more options than SpywareNuker, which just cleans off all the spyware.

Forum List

Back