Springsteen kicks of "Vote for Change"

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
The Vote for Change ohas started. I really don't think this is going to work for Kerry. Not to mention,these performers are coming to Ohio,and I can tell you now,it isn't going to flush here. Sure people will go,but after the rally that took place here in Westchester where 60,000 people showed up(much more than expected),and Bush's lead in the polls I just don't think that a few Liberal rockers are going to help anything.

http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=8&aid=D85F82UO0_story

I once liked Bruce Springsteen too!!!! Figures though, a NJ star! mostly LIBS live here in NJ!!! :(

janeeng said:
I once liked Bruce Springsteen too!!!! Figures though, a NJ star! mostly LIBS live here in NJ!!! :(

I know. Disappointing ,isn't it? Bon Jovi is my fav,and they back the Dem every time! (Well,at least the ast 2 times).

:gross2:

krisy said:
I know. Disappointing ,isn't it? Bon Jovi is my fav,and they back the Dem every time! (Well,at least the ast 2 times).

:gross2:

Yeah, what's up with that crap? here I thought he was on Bush's side, filthy bastard! hahahhaha!!! Springsteen I could get over liking, but I too like Bon Jovi. Jim used to get some freebie tickets to the concerts they had here in NJ too. He knew Jon's Brother!!!!!! Miss those days! had one excellent time at the last concert I went too and Jim and his friends were there. Best of the Best, they did WILD THING on stage, Sam Kinnisen and all were there!

i don't see the problem... everybody's got their views and beliefs, and if they've got power or influence, they'll usually use it to promote them.

example:
john wayne's politics are way to the right of what i would personally like. i still enjoy his movies immensely, call me simple-minded but i don't care what he did, i look at his "work", not his "life"

getting out of politics, bing crosby used to beat the shit out of his kids. i don't like that at all, but i LOVE his music.

springsteen's still the shit, but i'm still voting for bush. i just separate the two, bush is "reality", bruce is "art". two whole different worlds

NATO AIR said:
i don't see the problem... everybody's got their views and beliefs, and if they've got power or influence, they'll usually use it to promote them.

example:
john wayne's politics are way to the right of what i would personally like. i still enjoy his movies immensely, call me simple-minded but i don't care what he did, i look at his "work", not his "life"

getting out of politics, bing crosby used to beat the shit out of his kids. i don't like that at all, but i LOVE his music.

springsteen's still the shit, but i'm still voting for bush. i just separate the two, bush is "reality", bruce is "art". two whole different worlds

You are right. The music and or acting is different from their political beliefs. I am not going to stop buying Bon Jovi stuff,I am just so burnt out on hearing Hollywierd's opinions and constant slamming Bush. They get an opportunity the rest of us don't. SOme of them have gone over the line though. That Dixie Chick is a pain in the ass and they love using their popularity to try to get people to vote their way.

krisy said:
You are right. The music and or acting is different from their political beliefs. I am not going to stop buying Bon Jovi stuff,I am just so burnt out on hearing Hollywierd's opinions and constant slamming Bush. They get an opportunity the rest of us don't. SOme of them have gone over the line though. That Dixie Chick is a pain in the ass and they love using their popularity to try to get people to vote their way.

true, but that's why i never pay attention to their interviews or public statements (unless its something really good that catches my eye like will smith using his starpower to help mandela fight AIDS in Africa)

Forum List

Back