Spring Season Snow Report.

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Well well. Here we are in the third day of spring and we have recieved in the last few days 12 FEET of snow! Yep, you read that right, we have had 12 feet of snow in the last 5 days. And more is on the way. I wonder where all that snow is coming from. It is after all unseasonably warm here at 38 degress....oh wait a minute we're unseasonably cold here right now, 19 degrees cooler.

I wonder why we're not all dead? According to all the doom and gloomers a rise of 3 degrees will cause the end of the world and yet here I am siting in a 19 degree swing from average and...well........ things are pretty normal.

NOHRSC Interactive Snow Information

Weatherman claims that we will see maybe a 70 degree day a week from now. Maybe even blue sky. I think that it is just a pigment of his imagination.

al-gore-explains-cold-weather-701167.jpg

• Banned
El Nini is gone and now our weather patterns are being effected by La Nina, hence all the moisture coming in from the West Coast.
Also, weather patterns are different from changes in the climate.

Of course they are. Where did I say differently? Sadly those who are so religiously invested in the AGW fraud also seem unable to read.

This was how I ended the missive...

"I wonder why we're not all dead? According to all the doom and gloomers a rise of 3 degrees will cause the end of the world and yet here I am siting in a 19 degree swing from average and...well........ things are pretty normal"

Please note the emphasis on normal.

Well, Walleyes, you surely are determined to prove yourself a continual dumbass.

HAMweather Climate Center - Record Events for The Past Week - Continental US View

Record Events for Thu Mar 17, 2011 through Wed Mar 23, 2011
Total Records: 2698
Rainfall: 656
Snowfall: 231
High Temperatures: 870
Low Temperatures: 23
Lowest Max Temperatures: 140
Highest Min Temperatures: 778

So you are one of 23 places in the US with record cold. In the meantime, there are 870 places with record hot temperatures for this period. Very strange for a strong La Nina. Shouldn't those numbers be reversed?

Oh, that's right, all the scientists in the world are charalatans trying to fool ol' supersmart Walleyes.

Well, Walleyes, you surely are determined to prove yourself a continual dumbass.

HAMweather Climate Center - Record Events for The Past Week - Continental US View

Record Events for Thu Mar 17, 2011 through Wed Mar 23, 2011
Total Records: 2698
Rainfall: 656
Snowfall: 231
High Temperatures: 870
Low Temperatures: 23
Lowest Max Temperatures: 140
Highest Min Temperatures: 778

So you are one of 23 places in the US with record cold. In the meantime, there are 870 places with record hot temperatures for this period. Very strange for a strong La Nina. Shouldn't those numbers be reversed?

Oh, that's right, all the scientists in the world are charalatans trying to fool ol' supersmart Walleyes.

Boy you sure read alot into a posting. We've had 12 feet of snow in the last 6 days and we're going to get between 2 and 4 feet tonight. Guess what, it's happened before! It is natural, it is normal.

I see. And it is natural and normal to have these kinds of temps and precipitation on a record La Nina and a low TSI?

Record Events for Fri Mar 18, 2011 through Thu Mar 24, 2011
Total Records: 2665
Rainfall: 702
Snowfall: 272
High Temperatures: 825
Low Temperatures: 21
Lowest Max Temperatures: 152
Highest Min Temperatures: 693

I see. And it is natural and normal to have these kinds of temps and precipitation on a record La Nina and a low TSI?

Record Events for Fri Mar 18, 2011 through Thu Mar 24, 2011
Total Records: 2665
Rainfall: 702
Snowfall: 272
High Temperatures: 825
Low Temperatures: 21
Lowest Max Temperatures: 152
Highest Min Temperatures: 693

Considering most of their temperature reading stations are in urban areas and thus affected by the urban island effect I am not too impressed by what they have to say. They were saying this area was seeing record temps too (of course they use the local airport with 50,000 square feet of blacktop around the thermometer) all the while we have been having near record snowfall, in fact if we get one more good snowstorm we will have a good chance of breaking the all time record for snow fall....802 inches (that's 66 FEET!) or there abouts in a couple of areas. Of course that is not ever, just as long as we've been measuring it, a concept you can't seem to grasp.

Last edited:
Well well. Here we are in the third day of spring and we have recieved in the last few days 12 FEET of snow! Yep, you read that right, we have had 12 feet of snow in the last 5 days. And more is on the way. I wonder where all that snow is coming from. It is after all unseasonably warm here at 38 degress....oh wait a minute we're unseasonably cold here right now, 19 degrees cooler.

I wonder why we're not all dead? According to all the doom and gloomers a rise of 3 degrees will cause the end of the world and yet here I am siting in a 19 degree swing from average and...well........ things are pretty normal.

What is it about the distinctions between seasonal weather variations and multi-decadal climate trends that has you so confused?

What is it about the distinctions between seasonal weather variations and multi-decadal climate trends that has you so confused?

None, I guess you can't understand simple English. You see the last statement I made? The one where it says things are normal? Can you see that? Look's like you need to attend Sylvan more than I.

Forum List

Back