spring cleaning hints and all that implies

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i am starting to spring clean..slowly very very slowly...so far i have done the tops of the kitchen cabinets.....and put contact paper down...started wiping down the cabinets...today i will begin to do light fixtures..i do those in the dishwasher....

so what are your spring cleaning hints....i really wished i could afford a crew to come in and do it for me...but that aint happening...anything time cutting or anything is appreicated...

has any been used that new window cleaner where you spray the window...mop it with this special windex (?) mop and then rinse the window?

it's getting close to pressure wash the outside of my house.

Then windows, screens need to be cleaned however it's still pretty wet here so that all must wait for a few weeks.

The inside beside doing what you mentioned I also get a bucket of water, simple green, and I wipe all the walls and doors down. Pull out the stove, washer/dryer and refrig to clean underneath. All that good stuff. I've done those so far and I shampoo'ed the carpets.

I really want to start work on the outside!

Then windows, screens need to be cleaned however it's still pretty wet here so that all must wait for a few weeks.

The inside beside doing what you mentioned I also get a bucket of water, simple green, and I wipe all the walls and doors down. Pull out the stove, washer/dryer and refrig to clean underneath. All that good stuff. I've done those so far and I shampoo'ed the carpets.

damn girl no reason to get all extreme on us

People with dirty minds often feel the need to clean things around them in a futile effort to repress the smut. :lol:

People with dirty minds often feel the need to clean things around them in a futile effort to repress the smut. :lol:

Now there is a great excuse for not doing Spring cleaning. :lol:

I'm gonna use that one.

Igo one step further and clean out all drawers, closets, and cupboards.

Putting down shelf liner is just a waste of time, tho. :)

LOL no it's from it being instilled in me as a child. If you were raised by a strict German Woman (100%) you would understand.

Igo one step further and clean out all drawers, closets, and cupboards.

Putting down shelf liner is just a waste of time, tho. :)
Yes soon as sweater's are not longer needed to be worn, I pack up all winter clothes and store them until next Fall. It's a pain in the ass but I don't have enough closet space to keep both and not only that, it tends to get messy and cluttered.

The major problem in our house is that we have too much STUFF. Luckily, our neighbor across the street organizes an annual block yard sale. My kids think it's fun and if the weather is nice, they may open up a lemonade stand. All our proceeds go to City Meals on Wheels. We recycle our stuff, clean out our house and help out our favorite charity all at the same time.

As far as the cleaning, I like to delegate the chores. :)

LOL no it's from it being instilled in me as a child. If you were raised by a strict German Woman (100%) you would understand.

Ain't THAT the friggen truth, and then some.
You too? Man! I cannot tell you how insane my mother was about cleaning! Example: came home from school, walked in the door and got yelled at for walking on the fresh vaccumed carpet! Sit on the couch, mess a pillow...oh the hell....get a drink of water, a drop in the sink...deeper into hell. :lol:

You too? Man! I cannot tell you how insane my mother was about cleaning! Example: came home from school, walked in the door and got yelled at for walking on the fresh vaccumed carpet! Sit on the couch, mess a pillow...oh the hell....get a drink of water, a drop in the sink...deeper into hell. :lol:

Ah yes.. And Saturday morning "chores". And when I say "morning", I mean *completed* before 9am in a 3-level house. :evil:

Ah yes.. And Saturday morning "chores". And when I say "morning", I mean *completed* before 9am in a 3-level house. :evil:
Now you know where I picked up my flowery language too. :lol:

My mom was a teenager when Hitler died, and lived in a small town outside of Nuremberg.

My first memory was at 5 years old...Mom made me make my bed over and over till it was perfect. I was in my room all day long, finally I thought i had it correct...mom walked in after I called her to check, she stripped the bed, cursed and said do it right. My sister finally felt sorry for me and helped me.

Now you know where I picked up my flowery language too. :lol:

My mom was a teenager when Hitler died, and lived in a small town outside of Nuremberg.

My first memory was at 5 years old...Mom made me make my bed over and over till it was perfect. I was in my room all day long, finally I thought i had it correct...mom walked in after I called her to check, she stripped the bed, cursed and said do it right. My sister finally felt sorry for me and helped me.

Ah yeah.. Such actions were usually followed with a hearty "Vat iz dis schit?!" (Shit is one word they can say well, even though there really isn't a German equivalent for it). :D

Hmph. Women do the inside work. Men do the outside work. Men come inside, and the women stop their work to make the men something to eat, thus making more work for the women to do after the men go put their feet up.

Dis, I learned how to train my husband from my MOM! *howls with laughter*

I use vinegar for cleaning: 1 part water to 1 part vinegar, with some lemongrass oil to make it smell better. Works really well, even for cleaning the oven, I've found.

Forum List

Back