Spreading Democracy by Covertly Assisting Candidates

M

Max Power

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/politics/17elect.html?

In the months before the Iraqi elections in January, President Bush approved a plan to provide covert support to certain Iraqi candidates and political parties, but rescinded the proposal because of Congressional opposition, current and former government officials said Saturday.

The article, by Seymour M. Hersh, reports that the administration proceeded with the covert plan over the Congressional objections. Several senior Bush administration officials disputed that

So... everything that Bush said about spreading democracy was bullshit.

He'd install a brutal pro-American dictator in Iraq in a heartbeat were it politically correct. Instead, we're just going to feign democracy.

So sad.

Max Power said:

He'd install a brutal pro-American dictator in Iraq in a heartbeat were it politically correct. Instead, we're just going to feign democracy.

So sad.

If I said that you would support installing a treasonous war criminal as the president would you agree? Bet you voted for Kerry.

Anyway...... from your source
The article cites unidentified former military and intelligence officials who said the administration went ahead with covert election activities in Iraq that "were conducted by retired C.I.A. officers and other non-government personnel, and used funds that were not necessarily appropriated by Congress." But it does not provide details and says, "the methods and the scope of the covert effort have been hard to discern."
Unless you are a brain dead idiot who is currently suffering from a blond moment in an autistic state, you will note that even if the alleged support happened: "were conducted by retired C.I.A. officers and other non-government personnel, and used funds that were not necessarily appropriated by Congress." That means, for the ESL among the left, that the Government did not do it.

We planned for it, just like we planned for nuclear war. Neither occured.
Buncha Dummies
>>>walks away muttering to self<<<

Max Power said:

So sad.

Wow......covert support ........ any idea what this entails exactly. I certainly didn't get "brutal pro-American dictator" from this description.

How many "brutal, pro-American dictator" types were running in the Iraqi election?

pegwinn said:
If I said that you would support installing a treasonous war criminal as the president would you agree? Bet you voted for Kerry.
How much do you want to bet, smart-ass?
I'd wager more money that I voted for Badnarik. :p:

I'd also bet that you think you have me "all figured out". . . well guess what. You don't.

Anyway...... from your source

Unless you are a brain dead idiot who is currently suffering from a blond moment in an autistic state, you will note that even if the alleged support happened: "were conducted by retired C.I.A. officers and other non-government personnel, and used funds that were not necessarily appropriated by Congress." That means, for the ESL among the left, that the Government did not do it.

The point is Bush talks out of one side of his mouth about "free elections", and then out of the other side he tells his folks to influence the election.

Max Power said:

I'd also bet that you think you have me "all figured out". . . well guess what. You don't.

The point is Bush talks out of one side of his mouth about "free elections", and then out of the other side he tells his folks to influence the election.

That's a point? I don't know of anyone politically active who does not try to influence elections. Every poster on every political board most certainly does with every post. Like you and your incessant Bush-bashing. You aren't trying to influence others and turn them against Bush with your version, or perversion I should say, of events?

Yet Bush doing it is somehow wrong. Yeah, you're REAL hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

Max Power said:

Guess both of us lose our bets, you voted bad, and I never tried to figure you out. You will have to post more intelligently before you are worthy to be "figured out". The elections were free, any actions were privately taken, hmmmm sounds like a special interest group or a PAC. Guess they really are getting an American style government.

Forum List

Back