Spread any good will lately?

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I just had a little story about something that happened last night.

I was stressing yesterday about the move,and had to run to Bigg's for a few things. I got my stuff and got in line and there was this old woman in front of me. She had this Ohio Buckeye card or something-for elderly people I think. Well,the cashier couldn't get it to go through after 2 tries. Then the old woman tried and couldn't get it to go through either. They spent a good 5 minutes trying to get it to work. Obviously,she neede it to pay for her groceries.

After realizing it was not going to work,the cashier told her she could leave the groceries there and come back and pay for them. The old lady said,"I can't,I don't have any money". As I stood there and watched,I couldn't let her leave so I told the cashier that I would pay for them,-she couldn't believe it. The old lady was so touched and offered to pay me back and I said not to worry about it. The cahier,bagger,and lady behind me kept telling me how sweet it was.

It made me feel great and in church they say to try do spread good will doing little things. I came home thinking how stupid I was for being stressed about the new house and all. Just a little story and suggestion to try to do something good. It will make you feel good as well. Anyone else have any good will stories?

99% of the time I pay for the person behind me in a toll. I learned very long ago from a well-traveled friend that it's always a nice thing to do.

Thank you all for the compliments. I felt so good when I left the store. Everyone was smiling,and I thought how far one deed can travel. I have never done it before,and I want to do it again.

Paying the toll for the guy behind you is a great idea!!! Someone also told me that paying for the guy behind you in line at Burger King or wherever is a good one too.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
How fantastic! Im so glad you shared this!

Sounds like you did yours with the little birdie and the cat!!!! I love that one!

I try to be friendly and helpful all the time for the most part.
The urge to be lazy can be a tough one to shirk, though.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nycflasher
I try to be friendly and helpful all the time for the most part.
The urge to be lazy can be a tough one to shirk, though.:rolleyes:

That's o.k. Flasher,sometimes a smile can make someone's day! We also can all be lazy....or just in a bad mood

Originally posted by Moi
99% of the time I pay for the person behind me in a toll. I learned very long ago from a well-traveled friend that it's always a nice thing to do.
*note to self-- follow Moi on the road*

Forum List

Back