Sports related violence

Blagger

Rookie
Sep 8, 2010
Under your skin.
In the U.K we have an underground culture of football hooligans that claim allegiance to a club and clash with other rival 'firms'. This is a pretty common occurence in countries where football is the most publicised sport, some more than others. It's widespread across Europe.

But why is it that in America this doesn't seem to exist. You have equally competitive sports that have a vast army of fans, but you seem to ba able to leave the stadium without trying to kill rival fans.

Why is this, or am I misinformed and a culture of violence does exist in American sporting society?

To give you an idea of what I'm describing, I'll include a clip of football violence from a film on the subject. It's based on real event and is known as 'The Treatment'. This was one of the more brutal examples of football violence whereby limbs were often hacked off or opponents killed:

Youtube won't allow me to embed the link, so here's the URL: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSY74iEiepI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
The "Soccer Holligans" are the only one who will save your country from Sharia Law. Better learn to be one yourself, or learn which direction is Mecca.

Hockey wouldn't be worth the price of the ticket if it weren't for the fights! :clap2:

Forum List

Back