Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

I have to tell you, RW, I went directly to the Wallbuilders site in regards to another discussion on this thread to find something said by David Barton in regards to homosexuals. I could not find any of his writings, but I did find some other writings that by the very titles of the works, I was disappointed if not offended by the tone of the work.

I'm not a homosexual advocate, but I don't believe Christians should spit upon homosexuals and figuratively speaking that was what Wallbuilders appeared to be doing.

I still have not found anything by David Barton stating Dr. King deserved no credit. Although, I did find tons of opinions by others that stated he had all basically focused on the same thing the haters you posted had.

Immie

When I look at his body of work which is despicable, I find he holds a position that only the majority can bestow rights on the minority which is laughable

I am not going to spend any more time wallowing in the shit that Barton sells. I believe he said that referring to Dr King. If others believe otherwise, they are free to do so

Laughable?

When has the minority ever been able to dictate to the majority any policies in this country?

The Civil Rights Movement started out as a small group of people who had the guts to stand up to the rest of the South (actually the entire country) and demand their freedoms. They fought for those freedoms but they did not get them until they convinced the majority of the people that the way people of color were treated was flat out wrong. They had to convince the majority of this country that our policies were wrong.

Thank God they succeeded.

Immie

I have to tell you, RW, I went directly to the Wallbuilders site in regards to another discussion on this thread to find something said by David Barton in regards to homosexuals. I could not find any of his writings, but I did find some other writings that by the very titles of the works, I was disappointed if not offended by the tone of the work.

I'm not a homosexual advocate, but I don't believe Christians should spit upon homosexuals and figuratively speaking that was what Wallbuilders appeared to be doing.

I still have not found anything by David Barton stating Dr. King deserved no credit. Although, I did find tons of opinions by others that stated he had all basically focused on the same thing the haters you posted had.

Immie

When I look at his body of work which is despicable, I find he holds a position that only the majority can bestow rights on the minority which is laughable

I am not going to spend any more time wallowing in the shit that Barton sells. I believe he said that referring to Dr King. If others believe otherwise, they are free to do so

Laughable?

When has the minority ever been able to dictate to the majority any policies in this country?

The Civil Rights Movement started out as a small group of people who had the guts to stand up to the rest of the South (actually the entire country) and demand their freedoms. They fought for those freedoms but they did not get them until they convinced the majority of the people that the way people of color were treated was flat out wrong. They had to convince the majority of this country that our policies were wrong.

Immie

The majority has never given anything to a minority without being forced. It has always come after a large fight where the majority has grudgingly conceded rights to the minority. This is true for Civil rights, womens right, gay rights and any other right you may think of

Barton is an idiot if he thinks that the reason the blacks received their rights was because the majority bestowed them on them. Those rights cost thousands of lives, beatings, humiliation and economic sanctions. To belittle those who fought so hard for their rights as citizens is abhorent

Laughable?

Immie

The majority has never given anything to a minority without being forced. It has always come after a large fight where the majority has grudgingly conceded rights to the minority. This is true for Civil rights, womens right, gay rights and any other right you may think of

Barton is an idiot if he thinks that the reason the blacks received their rights was because the majority bestowed them on them. Those rights cost thousands of lives, beatings, humiliation and economic sanctions. To belittle those who fought so hard for their rights as citizens is abhorent

IF That is a pretty big word in there. No one has proven what David Barton thinks. I think you are wrong in your views of David Barton in this case. I think you have bought the lies or Robert Boston hook line and sinker and you have thrown out all levels of fairness because of that fact.

It is your side who is belittling to others not me. I am the one that is saying that there were many others who marched besides Dr. King and risked their lives in the fight for equal rights.

And David Barton says exactly what you just said in different words. Barton said that the movement needed to convince the majority of the righteousness of their cause. He didn't say that the Majority gave it willingly without a fight. No where does he say that. But the truth of the matter is that the movement for equal rights started small and grew. It grew to the point that finally they had a majority on their side begrudgingly or not that brought about an end to that fight or at least an end to that phase of fighting, they are still struggling as we speak.

Immie

If Barton wants to sue me, he is welcome. I believe the OP quote is accurate regarding Dr King

You are welcome to continue to defend the filth that Barton passes as historical truth. Glenn Beck believes it, why shouldn't you?

Except YOU HAVENT PRODUCED A QUOTE!!!!

So what part of black involvement in the revolution do you fine untrue and filth?

Laughable?

Immie

IF That is a pretty big word in there. No one has proven what David Barton thinks. I think you are wrong in your views of David Barton in this case. I think you have bought the lies or Robert Boston hook line and sinker and you have thrown out all levels of fairness because of that fact.

It is your side who is belittling to others not me. I am the one that is saying that there were many others who marched besides Dr. King and risked their lives in the fight for equal rights.

And David Barton says exactly what you just said in different words. Barton said that the movement needed to convince the majority of the righteousness of their cause. He didn't say that the Majority gave it willingly without a fight. No where does he say that. But the truth of the matter is that the movement for equal rights started small and grew. It grew to the point that finally they had a majority on their side begrudgingly or not that brought about an end to that fight or at least an end to that phase of fighting, they are still struggling as we speak.

Immie

Human rights have never been gained by consensus. It has always been a case of the downtrodden fighting for every crumb they could get from society. Slavery, worker rights, civil rights, gay rights....none would have happened if we relied on a popularity vote.
It was the courts and federal government that pushed the issue with the majority screaming all the way

Immie

Human rights have never been gained by consensus. It has always been a case of the downtrodden fighting for every crumb they could get from society. Slavery, worker rights, civil rights, gay rights....none would have happened if we relied on a popularity vote.
It was the courts and federal government that pushed the issue with the majority screaming all the way

You are welcome to your opinion.

However, David Barton's argument seems to be that it took the majority of the country to bring about Equal Rights. Even if he is wrong and it did take court orders to finally break through, he didn't say that Dr. King does not deserve credit for what he did. In fact, you yourself are taking the credit away from Dr. King and giving it to the courts and the federal government.

Careful, TDM, is likely to call you a racist as well.

Immie

Of course, Perry would say something like this. Who does he think deserves credit for civil rights? Certainly not the Texans who've changed the history curriculum in the public school system.

Perry didn't say this. According to the link (which you didn't even read the title of correctly) one of the co-hosts allegedly said it. But nobody can seem to find a link to him actually saying it.

Of course, Perry would say something like this. Who does he think deserves credit for civil rights? Certainly not the Texans who've changed the history curriculum in the public school system.
Perry never said anything like that. And, They changed the history curriculum to do away with the loony liberal revisionist history BS, that is rampant in our public schools.

Sorry boys..

I played this game yesterday and used up four pages of a thread. I believe the quote is consistent with Bartons repeated statements that "only those in power can expand political rights". I believe he said it and will continue to say so

If you choose to defend Bartons white, christian historical revisionism, you are free to do so

Just don't expect me to jump through your hoops

This isn't a game. You are libeling a man. Your are falsely accusing him of racism because you think it benefits you politically. This a man's life you are talking about.

And what part of only those in power can expand political rights is untrue? King's job was to persuade those in power. And he succeeded. Acknowledging the truth doesn't diminish King's role. Putting it in the proper perspective isn't racism.

I am so sick and tired of you freaking dishonest political hacks who have no problem destroying a good man and his reputation so you can play a game with people's lives. That's evil as far as im concerned.

If Barton wants to sue me, he is welcome. I believe the OP quote is accurate regarding Dr King

You are welcome to continue to defend the filth that Barton passes as historical truth. Glenn Beck believes it, why shouldn't you?

Yes, we are completely welcome to weigh the many videos, quotes and pieces of ACTUAL things Barton has said and draw the proper conclusion that the OP is complete trash. You are also welcome to continue to hate Barton based on nothing other than opinion pieces while not looking as a single thing that Barton has actually said.

To think, it is people like you that are consistently parroting the bullshit line that the right refuses to acknowledge facts yet here you are, ignoring all the facts that have been brought fourth while producing NONE of your own and clinging to your hate. If he really is a bigoted racist, producing one iota of evidence should be rather easy.

This isn't a game. You are libeling a man. Your are falsely accusing him of racism because you think it benefits you politically. This a man's life you are talking about.

And what part of only those in power can expand political rights is untrue? King's job was to persuade those in power. And he succeeded. Acknowledging the truth doesn't diminish King's role. Putting it in the proper perspective isn't racism.

I am so sick and tired of you freaking dishonest political hacks who have no problem destroying a good man and his reputation so you can play a game with people's lives. That's evil as far as im concerned.

Yes, we are completely welcome to weigh the many videos, quotes and pieces of ACTUAL things Barton has said and draw the proper conclusion that the OP is complete trash. You are also welcome to continue to hate Barton based on nothing other than opinion pieces while not looking as a single thing that Barton has actually said.

To think, it is people like you that are consistently parroting the bullshit line that the right refuses to acknowledge facts yet here you are, ignoring all the facts that have been brought fourth while producing NONE of your own and clinging to your hate. If he really is a bigoted racist, producing one iota of evidence should be rather easy.

I have no problem trashing Barton. I have quoted his position on civil rights and crediting the majority for reluctantly providing constitutional rights to the minority.

Barton is a first rate a-hole who is rewriting history to meet his religious and political agenda. He is part of what is wrong with this country

I have no problem trashing Barton. I have quoted his position on civil rights and crediting the majority for reluctantly providing constitutional rights to the minority.

Barton is a first rate a-hole who is rewriting history to meet his religious and political agenda. He is part of what is wrong with this country

No you have not. You have quoted unsupported opinions about his positions. There is a difference.

Immie

Forum List

Back