Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

Hard to believe the ignorance/hatred of some people

This is direct evidence of the racism of this base

Actually it is direct evidence of Racism of the guy who said it.

To me, a conservative. I am shocked by it. Clearly MLK deserves Credit, and the monument is a good way to do it. Anyone who will not show MLK the respect he deserves is indeed a fucking idiot.

however please stop tying to paint all Republicans with the Paint brush one ignorant asshole used.

It's ironic that Perry will be spending the day before the King memorial dedication with a man who has said that King does not deserve credit for the revolutionary changes in civil rights law that took place in the 1950s and 60s.

Barton was among a group of Texas conservatives who in 2010 sought to revise that state's textbooks to promote their view that the notion of a constitutional separation of church and state is a myth, and that students should be taught a version of American history that blends theology with themes of a constant clash of civilizations between Christians and Muslims. According to a Washington Monthly article in January 2010, Barton, the former head of the Texas Republican Party, and Peter Marshall, who the article described as "a Massachusetts-based preacher who has argued that California wildfires and Hurricane Katrina were God's punishment for tolerating gays,"

These are the guys who would be helping to establish policy in a Perry administration

• Banned
The father of our constitution said himself that there was a separation of church and state in our constitution

Barton and Peter Marshall initially tried to purge the standards of key figures of the civil rights era, such as César Chávez and Thurgood Marshall, though they were forced to back down amid a deafening public uproar. They have since resorted to a more subtle tack; while they concede that people like Martin Luther King Jr. deserve a place in history, they argue that they shouldn't be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities. As Barton put it, "Only majorities can expand political rights in America's constitutional society." Ergo, any rights people of color have were handed to them by whites--in his view, mostly white Republican men.

Opinions are like assholes.

Everybody's got one.

If Perry were a Dem would you be singing the same tune??

Ok... so... Obama SHOULD NOT be held responsible for anything Jeremia Wright said (as he watched from the pews for 20 years)...

but Perry SHOULD be held responsible for something that David Barton said (as part of a group Perry is not affiliated with), because they went to the same retreat.

Got it.

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself.

James Madison

Last edited:

Let me get this straight an associate of Perry said MLK doesn't deserve all the credit for the Civil Right Act (which is true) - And that is the real story (the guy never said like your article reported that MLK deserve no credit), while Perry hasn't said anything and that makes him a racist.

What about the Black Panthers supporting Obama. What about The RACIST Nation of Islam supporting Obama. What about La Raza supporting Obama! What about his father figure in Rev Wright! Or that man that started his political career in William Ayers?

I guess it only matter when it's a Republican!

Last edited:
Rick Perry, the newly minted Republican Party presidential front-runner,
will be attending a retreat with a man who believes
King deserves no such honor.

-----------------------------------------------

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: So...what does that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing!

[youtube]aQea8vfyCjU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Hard to believe the ignorance/hatred of some people

It is, however, not at all hard to believe that you just accept the story as reported.

Maybe you could confer with your personal consultants and come back and tell us the troof

No, but I won't be accepting a left wing version of the 'troof' either. Any more than I would accept a right wing version.

Personally, I find that you - as an individual - have no interest in 'troof', you prefer partisan hackery and unintelligent journalism. As does the OP. Hyperbolic bullshit.

Ok... so... Obama SHOULD NOT be held responsible for anything Jeremia Wright said (as he watched from the pews for 20 years)...

but Perry SHOULD be held responsible for something that David Barton said (as part of a group Perry is not affiliated with), because they went to the same retreat.

Got it.

So I imagine that Perry will come out of this weekends strategy meetings with Barton and publicly disavow his positions

I also imagine that Perry will cease his associations with Barton

Last edited:
This man is a disgrace to the country.

He seeks to rewrite history to fit his racist views

It is, however, not at all hard to believe that you just accept the story as reported.

Maybe you could confer with your personal consultants and come back and tell us the troof

No, but I won't be accepting a left wing version of the 'troof' either. Any more than I would accept a right wing version.

Personally, I find that you - as an individual - have no interest in 'troof', you prefer partisan hackery and unintelligent journalism. As does the OP. Hyperbolic bullshit.

You always brag about your inside connections and how you, unlike us, do not have to rely on the media for information

Now would be a good time for you to dazzle us with your privleged information

Forum List

Back