Spit or Swallow?

swallow it, or if you're that desperate go to the restroom, remove it there and throw it out.

This is where being a Marine is a DEFINITE advantage. No one expects you to have table manners, and I have to admit to enjoying poking fun at snooty folk with a little shock treatment.

Had to go this Christmas Party one year that was definitely with the Ritzes. One of my wife's former employers. They had the whatever it was on the plate and I stuck a fork in it and held it up to the light and examined it real well. Put it back on the plate and made a show of scooting it as close to the edge of the plate and away from the other food as possible.

I had a stunned, silent audience, to say the least and I think my wife broke a rib or two with her elbow.:lol:

If you're at a fancy dinner party and you're encouraged to try something you're not too sure about and then find you can't stand it, what do you do? Spit or swallow?

It depends what it is that I put into my mouth.

If it is solid, like a piece of meat, I stick out my tongue and let the piece of food roll off and fall onto the plate followed by strands of drool.

If it is a semi-solid substance, like pate or custard, I will scoop it out of my mouth by inserting my entire right hand, and I will chuck the food onto the floor.

If it is liquid, like soup, I will get a big mouthful and turn to the nearest lady wearing either white or a really big hat (or in the absence of a lady, towards the man who appears most douchbaggy) and I will forcefully spew the soup, along with some saliva and phlegm, into their face.

Basically, I don't like fancy dinner parties and I don't like being encouraged to try something that I'm not that sure about. And by not swallowing, I am showing my displeasure and proving myself that I am not controlled by anyone.

Last edited:
Spit or swallow?

What did you think this thread was going to be about? :eusa_angel:

Oh I get it.... we're supposed to think this is about etiquette at the table.... no way, this is about sex.

Well I once heard that it tastes like whatever you've eaten, so I would suggest that if you're any kind of a guy with manners, you'll make sure you eat something that the lady is going to enjoy. :eusa_drool:

Last edited:
If you're at a fancy dinner party and you're encouraged to try something you're not too sure about and then find you can't stand it, what do you do? Spit or swallow?

What did you think this thread was going to be about? :eusa_angel:

Copenhagen or Skoal. What else? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back