SPIRITS, Angels, The Holy Ghost, Demons!!!! Do they exist?

Do you believe a Spirit world exists in addition to the physical universe?

• Yes, I believe a Spirit world exists.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, I do not believe there is any such thing as Spirit beings.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I don't know but keep an open mind.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
I have never seen ghosts nor do I know any credible people who have.
I even spent a couple of nights in cemeteries. Nothing just bugs.

Some time ago, when my pop was still above ground, we did a road trip upstate. My mom urged him to pull over and stop for the night. We had a stationwagon so it was not a bad idea. He pulled into what we thought was an open field. Next morning, it turned out to be a cemetary.

:eek:

The question of whether demons, Spirits, the Holy Ghost and angel exist depends on whether a person needs wisdom or skillful means.

Looking at the exists of angels and such, from a wisdom perspective, (teachings on emptiness), these do not exist.

From a perspective of skillful means, (affecting positive behavior), believing these exist may be helpful for some people.

I think that most people who "see" ghost believe they saw something and are not lying about it. I also believe that there are those who make up stories because it pats the bills, like the guys you see on TV and some on Coast to Coast.

You don't believe Ghost Hunters is real? Some of my favorite USMB friends would be crushed to even suggest such a thing. I honestly don't know. CG up there has been in on some more scientific ghost hunting projects and can probably speak to that better than me, though I don't know if she can get that particular TV program in the U.K.

As for Coast to Coast, I don't know. I have to admit some of the stuff they feature I take with a huge grain of salt and some I don't buy at all. But there have also been a few on that show who were so credible that I was at least intrigued if not a full fledged believer.

But again, do you believe in angels? Demons? The Holy Spirit? That when our earthly bodies die that we live on in spiritual bodies?

I believe ghost hunters are real, I just doubt the ones on TV. They have to find them to justify there pay check. As for theology, I am struggling with that at this time. I am seeing my fellow humans (Christians)as the angels and demons. As far as that go's, I was always under the impression that our vices were our daemons. And Coast does have some true believers, but guys like that ed dames cat and others are full of it.

It is true that UFOs and E.T.s have provided a lucrative and really fun cottage industry for Roswell NM.

But awhile back, I was contracted by State Farm Insurance to do property and safety inspections on all their farm and ranch properties in New Mexico. Hombre took some time off adjusting to help me with that and we spent months traveling around the state looking at, measuring buildings, taking photographs, etc. on rural properties. And that took me into that area northwest of Roswell where the space ship was reported to have crashed. I ran into old timers out there, all quite advanced in age now, who were there at the time. And to a man, they are ALL believers that what happened out there was no weather balloon or any other explanable earthly phenomenon.

So again I don't know. But I keep an open mind.

I HAVE experienced the spirit world, however, so for me that is a no brainer. I am a believer.

There are some web sites that tie UFOs to the fallen angels. There are some interesting reads, and some points that make you say hmmmm.

It is true that UFOs and E.T.s have provided a lucrative and really fun cottage industry for Roswell NM.

But awhile back, I was contracted by State Farm Insurance to do property and safety inspections on all their farm and ranch properties in New Mexico. Hombre took some time off adjusting to help me with that and we spent months traveling around the state looking at, measuring buildings, taking photographs, etc. on rural properties. And that took me into that area northwest of Roswell where the space ship was reported to have crashed. I ran into old timers out there, all quite advanced in age now, who were there at the time. And to a man, they are ALL believers that what happened out there was no weather balloon or any other explanable earthly phenomenon.

So again I don't know. But I keep an open mind.

I HAVE experienced the spirit world, however, so for me that is a no brainer. I am a believer.

There are some web sites that tie UFOs to the fallen angels. There are some interesting reads, and some points that make you say hmmmm.

There is a guy on Coast to Coast that does to. Maybe its the same guy.

The question of whether demons, Spirits, the Holy Ghost and angel exist depends on whether a person needs wisdom or skillful means.

Looking at the exists of angels and such, from a wisdom perspective, (teachings on emptiness), these do not exist.

From a perspective of skillful means, (affecting positive behavior), believing these exist may be helpful for some people.

Or if they need an excuse for there actions or lack there of.

Forum List

Back