~Spirits And Ghosts~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Do you believe in them??
Have you ever encountered one or witnessed something to that nature??
I have had a couple of times where I have felt a 'presence'.....nothing I was afraid of. I do believe in ghosts and spirits.

My experience with spirits has been uniformly miserable.

so I leave them alone

Smirnoff-for-Key2SafeDriving-Test.jpg

yes i do

that said, i'd like to sneak up on the cast of Ghosthunters, and pop a paperbag....

Do you believe in them??
I have had a couple of times where I have felt a 'presence'.....nothing I was afraid of. I do believe in ghosts and spirits.

Not only do I believe in them, but I have solid evidence they exist, in the form of three, ultra clear class A EVP's, and video of an apparition. I dig the ghost hunting, and we do it from time to time.

And one thing about these people that say they don't believe in ghosts... we've taken someone with us on ghost hunts before, and although they claim they don't believe in ghosts, they get all creeped out and scared. Well what are they getting creeped out and scared for if they don't believe in ghosts? Ya... right... they don't believe... I swear, every time I hear that it just reminds me of someone that has no more individuality than a pet rock. They just say that because they parrot what they've heard someone else say.

Last edited:
Do you believe in them??

Spirits and ghosts may exist but if they do they are the devils work. When we die we do not leave behind any ghosts.

Yes, and I have seen some funky shit before.

Like what?

You ever see things move with no one to move them, being alone with no possibility of a joke being played?

Oh yeah, big time. I was sitting in a neighbors apartment one time chatting with him about another old guy that used to live in the same building that had just died, when all of a sudden the carafe, (pot), in the drip coffee maker sitting on top of his refrigerator went flying. It flew a good three feet through the air and then hit the wall. (Didn't break). Now keep in mind, the hot plates that the carafes sit in, in drip coffee makers have a large lip around the outside edge that holds the pot in. But we looked at each other after it happened and both said "Mink." That was the nic name of the old guy that had just died. We said, "Mink, we know that was you, but please, be careful, don't break anything." Nothing else happened that night, but I got the best EVP's of anywhere I've ever been in that old building. Including Mink, there's three people that I knew personally, all that died upstairs in those apartments.

Dabs said:
Do you believe in them??
Indeed they are all around us :)

Check out this site and be quite amazed!

http://www.theshadowlands.net/ghost

Like what?

You ever see things move with no one to move them, being alone with no possibility of a joke being played?

Oh yeah, big time. I was sitting in a neighbors apartment one time chatting with him about another old guy that used to live in the same building that had just died, when all of a sudden the carafe, (pot), in the drip coffee maker sitting on top of his refrigerator went flying. It flew a good three feet through the air and then hit the wall. (Didn't break). Now keep in mind, the hot plates that the carafes sit in, in drip coffee makers have a large lip around the outside edge that holds the pot in. But we looked at each other after it happened and both said "Mink." That was the nic name of the old guy that had just died. We said, "Mink, we know that was you, but please, be careful, don't break anything." Nothing else happened that night, but I got the best EVP's of anywhere I've ever been in that old building. Including Mink, there's three people that I knew personally, all that died upstairs in those apartments.

What are EVP's?

I'd also like to ask if you think it's possible that the experiences you had could have been caused by anything other than ghosts or spirits? That's not to say necessarily a mundane explanation, but rather that even if it was some sort of paranormal/supernatural phenomenon, was it necessarily ghosts? For example, if an object moves without obvious explanation, that doesn't mean it's the work of ghosts; even ignoring mundane possibilities, off the top of my head telekinesis comes to mind as a paranormal explanation.

I don't want to tell you you did not experience these things or that you are incorrect in your conclusions about them. I don't believe, but I'm willing to admit I don't know for sure and could have my mind changed with different evidence. I just wonder how often people experience something they cannot explain and put their own label to that experience without good evidence that's the case. Strange lights in the sky = aliens, objects moving = ghosts, etc. That's probably a big part of why I don't believe in anything supernatural. The supernatural may well exist, but people too quickly seem to believe they have the answers as to what the nature of a supernatural event is.

Anyway, I ramble, feel free to ignore most of that, but I am definitely curious what the EVP's are! :lol:

Like what?

Well, several years back when I was living in an apartment and I was alone a beer can went flying down my hallway in my apartment, hit my bedroom door and I was freaked out... I split from that place and crashed on my friends couch...Other bizarre things happened at that apartment, like for instance when I came home from work my refrigerator door would be wide open, cabinet doors as well sometimes. I'd hear noises as well when I was going to sleep, but thats not that odd living in an apartment complex so I just wrote that stuff off as typical, but they sounded like they were coming from my apartment...

Even at my parents house there was weird things going on. I had to house sit for them around the same time period and I was on the computer and the garbage can lid that was in the kitchen was swinging back and forth and it did that for about an hour..

Its weird stuff like that that gets the hair on the back of your neck to stand up, and it gives you the chills..

Last edited:

What are EVP's?

I'd also like to ask if you think it's possible that the experiences you had could have been caused by anything other than ghosts or spirits? That's not to say necessarily a mundane explanation, but rather that even if it was some sort of paranormal/supernatural phenomenon, was it necessarily ghosts? For example, if an object moves without obvious explanation, that doesn't mean it's the work of ghosts; even ignoring mundane possibilities, off the top of my head telekinesis comes to mind as a paranormal explanation.

I don't want to tell you you did not experience these things or that you are incorrect in your conclusions about them. I don't believe, but I'm willing to admit I don't know for sure and could have my mind changed with different evidence. I just wonder how often people experience something they cannot explain and put their own label to that experience without good evidence that's the case. Strange lights in the sky = aliens, objects moving = ghosts, etc. That's probably a big part of why I don't believe in anything supernatural. The supernatural may well exist, but people too quickly seem to believe they have the answers as to what the nature of a supernatural event is.

Anyway, I ramble, feel free to ignore most of that, but I am definitely curious what the EVP's are! :lol:

An EVP is "Electronic Voice Phenomenon." As it is, a digital recording device such as my Olympus WS-500M will pick up things/sounds/voices that we don't hear with own ears. As I sit here at this very moment, I'm listening to four hours of recordings where I let my recorder sit in a friends shop overnight. Because a couple days ago, we were there visiting and he went in his house and brought out some old Civil War paper currency, and as he stepped through the door into his office, the door closed behind him, BY ITSELF. He freaked out. The hair stood straight up on his arms and neck. I sat not three feet from him and witnessed this. I then tried the door moving open and closed and found that given the door to move on it's own, it will open. It's mounted so that it will swing open, not closed. My friend was so freaked out that I went home and got my digital voice recorder, that I'm listening to now, and we picked up voices that sounded like a child. Once even we heard the voices with our own ears, and I have that on the recorder. Keep in mind, my friend was a grave digger and kept the cemetery here in town for over thirty years. Is it possible that the spirit of one of the people he buried followed him home? Possibly a child? Does someone have something they want to tell him? I'm hearing all kinds of little jostling and moving noises listening right now to the recording of letting the... oh... there was rather large knock... of letting the recorder record noises after we left. Wow... he's not going to like hearing what was recorded. It'll freak him out I know.

Anyway, yes, the spirits are there. If you open your mind to it, they'll make themselves known. We all have a spirit inside us. It's what makes you you, and what makes me me. Otherwise we'd all just be blobs of flesh with no distinguishing difference.

Last edited:
We all have a spirit inside us. It's what makes you you, and what makes me me. Otherwise we'd all just be blobs of flesh with no distinguishing difference.

I would put a tenner on your spirit being a blob in the blob.

Forum List

Back