Spilled Milk

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
If anyone ever wonders why the federal government just can seem to get any respect these days, nonsense like this explains it.

Thomas Sowell
Spilled Milk

Despite the old saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk," the Environmental Protection Agency is doing just that.

We all understand why the Environmental Protection Agency was given the power to issue regulations to guard against oil spills, such as that of the Exxon Valdez in Alaska or the more recent BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But not everyone understands that any power given to any bureaucracy for any purpose can be stretched far beyond that purpose.

In a classic example of this process, the EPA has decided that, since milk contains oil, it has the authority to force farmers to comply with new regulations to file "emergency management" plans to show how they will cope with spilled milk, how farmers will train "first responders" and build "containment facilities" if there is a flood of spilled milk.

Since there is no free lunch, all of this is going to cost the farmers both money and time that could be going into farming-- and is likely to end up costing consumers higher prices for farm products.

Spilled Milk - Thomas Sowell - Townhall Conservative

OMG, we must start investing billions of dollars on soy milk and other alternatives so we can be lactose independent, we will win the future!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Guess we will just have to eliminate the cause and do away with all the cows. No more milk and no more Happy Meals. Kids will be fucked and so will you the next time you want a T-bone but at least there will be no spilled milk.

I wonder if the EPA has rules regarding molasses spills?

tQuovSnXuo7f1m9b1KlBLQ8qo1_250.jpg

molasses.jpg

Boston Molasses Disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Thanks
What will happen if a woman that is breast feeding leaks? What will the EPA have to say about that? Oh, put me on that clean up crew... You know me, anything I can do to help...

If anyone ever wonders why the federal government just can seem to get any respect these days, nonsense like this explains it.

Thomas Sowell
Spilled Milk

Despite the old saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk," the Environmental Protection Agency is doing just that.

We all understand why the Environmental Protection Agency was given the power to issue regulations to guard against oil spills, such as that of the Exxon Valdez in Alaska or the more recent BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But not everyone understands that any power given to any bureaucracy for any purpose can be stretched far beyond that purpose.

In a classic example of this process, the EPA has decided that, since milk contains oil, it has the authority to force farmers to comply with new regulations to file "emergency management" plans to show how they will cope with spilled milk, how farmers will train "first responders" and build "containment facilities" if there is a flood of spilled milk.

Since there is no free lunch, all of this is going to cost the farmers both money and time that could be going into farming-- and is likely to end up costing consumers higher prices for farm products.

Spilled Milk - Thomas Sowell - Townhall Conservative

That's an udderly ridiculous law.

Cows would have hated it except they lactate.

• Thanks
What will happen if a woman that is breast feeding leaks? What will the EPA have to say about that? Oh, put me on that clean up crew... You know me, anything I can do to help...

Did you realize that the cleanup crew for breast milk leaks also is required to change and dispose of all adult diapers at the local nursing homes?

Essentially, you have to cover everything named "nursing"

OMG, we must start investing billions of dollars on soy milk and other alternatives so we can be lactose independent, we will win the future!

Not only will we be lactose independent, but we'll reduce global warming by reducing the need to keep farting cows. It'll be a win/win.

Not only will we be lactose independent, but we'll reduce global warming by reducing the need to keep farting cows. It'll be a win/win.

I don't think that the milk cows are producing the methane. It is the beef cows.

Which means that they will take away our beef.

I'll be exercising my 2nd Amendment rights before they take away my beef!

I don't think that the milk cows are producing the methane. It is the beef cows.

Any ruminant with a predominantly grain based diet farts methane. ruminants are meant (evolutionarily speaking )to eat a grass based diet.

Any ruminant with a predominantly grain based diet farts methane. ruminants are meant (evolutionarily speaking )to eat a grass based diet.

Which is also why beef tastes less . . . beefy.

I stand corrected.

And actually come to think of it, don't they burp methane?

You have got to be fucking shitting me!!!!

Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

Our Govt at work. Americas best and brightest??

Jesus. I hope not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back