Spill baby Spill

Are you a hack or just stupid? This is BP's fault. BP has more money than our Federal Government. This is BP's industry, and who would know better how to deal with this type of accident than BP? Where is BP?

No, you're the hack if you believe that over 17 months into the Obama administration, Bush is still to Blame for poor agency oversight.

And Stupid is allowing massive funding to regulate industry, and then finding out that the SEC (finance industry), or Dept of Energy (oil industry) who is supposed to be enforcing the rules designed to prevent disaster have been witlessly allowing disaster to happen.

Dude you just dont get it do you?

Whos SEC was that?

it was bush and the republicans who ran that SEC.

He even politizied the DOJ for hells sake you fool.

They allowed the industry to GO UNFETTERED as if we had no laws.

It was your ideas that fucked us all.

Republicans got elected saying government can do nothing right and then tried to prove it after they were elected.

No sane person would hire someone for a job who says the job needs to be eliminated because its worthless.

YOU guys were wrong about everything and now want to pretend it was someone else doing it.

Federalism
First published Sun Jan 5, 2003; substantive revision Tue Mar 9, 2010
Federalism is the theory or advocacy of federal principles for dividing powers between member units and common institutions. Unlike in a unitary state, sovereignty in federal political orders is non-centralized, often constitutionally, between at least two levels so that units at each level have final authority and can be self governing in some issue area. Citizens thus have political obligations to, or have their rights secured by, two authorities. The division of power between the member unit and center may vary, typically the center has powers regarding defense and foreign policy, but member units may also have international roles. The decision-making bodies of member units may also participate in central decision-making bodies. Much recent philosophical attention is spurred by renewed political interest in federalism, coupled with empirical findings concerning the requisite and legitimate basis for stability and trust among citizens in federal political orders. Philosophical contributions have addressed the dilemmas and opportunities facing Canada, Australia, Europe, Russia, Iraq, Nepal and Nigeria, to mention just a few areas where federal arrangements are seen as interesting solutions to accommodate differences among populations divided by ethnic or cultural cleavages yet seeking a common, often democratic, political order.

•1. Taxonomy
•2. History of Federalism in Western Thought
•3. Reasons for Federalism
◦3.1 Reasons for a federal order rather than separate states or secession
◦3.2 Reasons for preferring federal orders over a unitary state
•4. Further Philosophical Issues
◦4.1 Issues of Constitutional and Institutional Design
◦4.2 Sources of Stability
◦4.3 Division of Power
◦4.4 Distributive Justice
◦4.5 Democratic Theory
◦4.6 Politics of Recognition
•Bibliography
◦Historical
◦Contemporary
•Other Internet Resources
•Related Entries
Federalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

No, you're the hack if you believe that over 17 months into the Obama administration, Bush is still to Blame for poor agency oversight.

And Stupid is allowing massive funding to regulate industry, and then finding out that the SEC (finance industry), or Dept of Energy (oil industry) who is supposed to be enforcing the rules designed to prevent disaster have been witlessly allowing disaster to happen.

Whos SEC was that?

it was bush and the republicans who ran that SEC..

No you moron, YOU don't get it.

Where did I say I cared if Bush or Obama was Administering the Federal Government's Bloated, Expensive, and Ineffective Regulatory Agencies?

Niether knows how to do it.

Maybe NO ONE CAN DO IT!

Then WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR IT???

Umm dude the SEC failed because it DID NOT do its job not because it had a job.

They will never pay it.

You know it and everyone knows it.

Quit defending industries who are on their way out and trying to scrape every last dollar out of the American people no matter what the damage just so you can protect your politicains jobs

Who the hell are you talking to?

You are the defender of politicians, not me.

And yes, they would pay it, because it would not be sent as a bill, it would be sent as a fine. Pay for the damage you caused or go out of business.

Immie

The GOP would NEVER allow such an ultimatum.

Nor would the DNC, but that does not change the fact that this is how it should be done.

They will never pay it.

You know it and everyone knows it.

Quit defending industries who are on their way out and trying to scrape every last dollar out of the American people no matter what the damage just so you can protect your politicains jobs

And yes, they would pay it, because it would not be sent as a bill, it would be sent as a fine. Pay for the damage you caused or go out of business.

Immie

So in effect we end up with the Nationalization of the Oil Industry too? Nationalism is not compatible with Federalism. How much do the various Government bodies get per gallon in relation to the oil companies? Where does that money go, if not to police and monitor, regulate, and support? Seems that the Fed should have an interest in the golden goose and it's health.

How does fining a company for an environmental disaster equate to the "Nationalization of the Oil Industry"?

I didn't say take them over, I said fine them and make them pay the bill.

We should be interested in the cause first, and rectifying it if possible. What do we learn from it, what can we do to improve the technology, the response to disaster? When we know the who, what, when, where, and how, the could have, would have, and should have, we can look at blame.

I see what you are saying, but (and maybe you mean this as well) first we need to minimize the damage. We can determine the cause later and rectify it. Right now, however, we need to protect the coastline, and the wildlife that is affected by this.

Immie

I think that you should convert to wind energy immediately, and stay away from plastic.

You lost me here... I'm all for alternate energy. I think we are way too dependent on oil and foreign countries.

Were you addressing that "you" to me personally or the collective you?

Are you a hack or just stupid? This is BP's fault. BP has more money than our Federal Government. This is BP's industry, and who would know better how to deal with this type of accident than BP? Where is BP?

Whos SEC was that?

Republicans got elected saying government can do nothing right and then tried to prove it after they were elected.

No sane person would hire someone for a job who says the job needs to be eliminated because its worthless.

YOU guys were wrong about everything and now want to pretend it was someone else doing it.

How long are you going to keep blaming Bush for the problems of our government today? Will you stop before the next Republican Administration or will you keep this up until the next Republican Administration and then start blaming that Administration for all the problems between Bush and them?

Immie

Whos SEC was that?

it was bush and the republicans who ran that SEC..

Where did I say I cared if Bush or Obama was Administering the Federal Government's Bloated, Expensive, and Ineffective Regulatory Agencies?

Maybe NO ONE CAN DO IT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: So the SEC failed to do a job that it had to do, because it was it's job to do, but didn't do because it had it? Precious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe NO ONE CAN DO IT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: So the SEC failed to do a job that it had to do, because it was it's job to do, but didn't do because it had it? Precious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know.:lol::lol::lol:

Its these posts that keep me reading Tm.:lol::lol::lol:

Hows that drilly drilly thing working out for ya?
I know nothing about oil wells. The pictures on TV, showed cutoff values near the bottom and a robotic sub attempting to shut off the flow. It seemed like the values might be frozen. I wonder if BP does any prevent maintenance like checking to make sure they can cut off the oil for in a disaster. I would think the extra expense would be well worth it. This thing is going cost BP a lot of bucks. Does any one have any insight into this?

Immie

Nor would the DNC, but that does not change the fact that this is how it should be done.

How does fining a company for an environmental disaster equate to the "Nationalization of the Oil Industry"?

You lost me here... I'm all for alternate energy. I think we are way too dependent on oil and foreign countries.

Whos SEC was that?

How long are you going to keep blaming Bush for the problems of our government today? Will you stop before the next Republican Administration or will you keep this up until the next Republican Administration and then start blaming that Administration for all the problems between Bush and them?

Immie

Why would the Fed's want it any different than it is now/ They would lose money if they took over. They might even have to work, break a sweat, worry. They just want to pull the strings and make demands, you know, mandates, fines, penalties, you know, the kind of things that eats up infrastructure. They just want to have you by the balls, not have to actually have to do anything. Right? Got that? Good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No asshole , The SEC had a job to do inforcing the rules on the finacial industry. Some one told the people there NOT to do their jobs. Then we had a massive failure in the finacial.

Nice try but you can not win new voters with being a pretzel brained partisan.

No asshole , The SEC had a job to do inforcing the rules on the finacial industry. Some one told the people there NOT to do their jobs. Then we had a massive failure in the finacial.

Andrew Cuomo, Barney Frank, Fannie, Freddie.... I see your point. Who regulated all of this from the start TM? Who set up all of the rules in the first place? Who benefited most when housing prices sky rocketed? Who designed the scheme?

Pot meet kettle.

Where's my broad political statement painting the DNC?

Not only are you a Hack, but now you're Pawned.:(

Wanna go for "Owned?"

Sure....tell me again which political party is currently against what they consider over reaching government intervention into private corporations?

Actually, "over-reaching government intervention" seems to be another figment of your imagination that has inserted it into a Party Platform.

Ah, but you've proven yourself: all about the political party for you, eh?

Well, that was easy, Hack: Actually, I Owned you, now I'm Pawning you....technically, you're not supposed to Pawn what you don't own.

Andrew Cuomo, Barney Frank, Fannie, Freddie.... I see your point. Who regulated all of this from the start TM? Who set up all of the rules in the first place? Who benefited most when housing prices sky rocketed? Who designed the scheme?

:eusa_hand:

You're gonna hurt her.:(

Whos SEC was that?

Immie

Why would the Fed's want it any different than it is now/ They would lose money if they took over. They might even have to work, break a sweat, worry. They just want to pull the strings and make demands, you know, mandates, fines, penalties, you know, the kind of things that eats up infrastructure. They just want to have you by the balls, not have to actually have to do anything. Right? Got that? Good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, I am not advocating a take over, that is why I am confused with what you are saying.

Immie

Immie

But, I am not advocating a take over, that is why I am confused with what you are saying.

Immie

What would you have me say, They are good at making life miserable, at futility, at taking things away, and giving them to incompetents to run. The Federal Government has little right to the claim. It is the National Government. Federalism was abandoned by Hamilton. What we see is the illusion they want us to see. :(

Totally unrelated.. saw Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers at Jazzfest yesterday... truly a wonderful show. Even if you don't like bluegrass, check them out if you get a chance. And yes, they closed their set with "King Tut".

You can pretend this mess was caused by the Fs but only partisan hacks with no understanding of the world economy would believe you.

Hows that drilly drilly thing working out for ya?

Why don't you ask your beloved Hopey Changey that question. Isn't he the one who just ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in areas? BOOOOOOOOOOSH didn't do that. It was your guy who did that. So take your question up with him.

You can pretend this mess was caused by the Fs but only partisan hacks with no understanding of the world economy would believe you.

I think that is was caused by greed and incompetence both inside of and outside of Government. It is just as strong today as yesterday. The referee has both players on the other team and money on the outcome of the game. That is not a foundation for impartial governance.

Forum List

Back