Spikey Person Coming Through

Welcome to the forum. Haven't read every page of this thread. I'm guessing you are from England. How do you feel about the Islamic invasion of England?

Thx for the welcome Scamp. I am from England you are correct. As for the " Islamic invasion ", I haven't seen any fleets of ships landing on the shores where I live with droves of Muslims disembarking from them. My guess would be for people who fear the arrival of some more Muslims in their country is to not support the wars and other actions against their countries by our own that is making them unliveable

Quick question Spartacactus, you said that you haven't seen fleets of boats on your shores, so my question is do they appear to be taking over, or are they assimilating into the population okay? Over here, the conservatives would have us believe that Britain is being overrun by Muslims and will soon be switching over to Sharia law. That particular little gem came around when London elected a Muslim mayor.

Quick question Spartacactus, you said that you haven't seen fleets of boats on your shores, so my question is do they appear to be taking over, or are they assimilating into the population okay? Over here, the conservatives would have us believe that Britain is being overrun by Muslims and will soon be switching over to Sharia law. That particular little gem came around when London elected a Muslim mayor.

Hello ABS

Interesting subject imo

What I can say is that there is a huge hype from many right wing circles here that the Muslims are " taking over " and I'm not at all surprised to see your comment about that view having some traction in the US. The same people also don't seem to understand that if the West carries on/helping in turning the countries predominantly populated by Muslims into building sites void of the usual benefits of a functioning state then they will be seeing more and more Muslims racking up , not to take over but to escape the horrors we have created for them.

I can tell you that we will have all drowned because the ice caps completely melted through global warming before you will see Sharia law replacing the laws of the land already establisherd here.

Do recently arrived people truly assimilate anywhere in the world ? It's a human issue and I find the assimilation takes place in the subsequent generations. Language and cultural differences tend to see groups arriving in new places sticking together initially . So we can apply that to some of the more recent arrivals be they Muslims or many from the former eastern bloc countries that none of those scare mongers seem to comment about , maybe because they are white and predominantly Christian

Hope that helps a little in your understanding of events here. I would also justl like to add that many on the left , what I would refer to as the middle class left , have completely added fuel to the fire wrt racial/religious tensions so it's not just solely down to the right imo.

I had many arguments with them around 10-15 years ago for trying to stimey the claims and greivances being expressed by the lower white working classes that were being forced into direct competition with newly arrived immigrants wrt employment , housing , healthcare , schooling and so on. I warned that if their legitimate greivances( some were legit , others BS racism) were dismissed and their venting ignored ( worse still it was ridiculed ) that more and more of them would gravitate to a far right political bent , and they have. That is the legacy and that is the reason for Brexit imo

THis piece , written by Albert Meltzer in 1981 kinda outlines what I am referring to but without the criticism of the Left I added into the mix

The effect of immigration

Having thus encouraged immigration, wearing the financial hat as it were, the capitalist in the capacity of a right-wing politician, dons the political hat and denounces immigration. This has the advantage of setting worker against worker, fuelled by religious and/or racial antipathies which can persist for generations, and have the added bonus of inducing the worker to support the right wing electorally.

Anarchism: Arguments for and against -- by Albert Meltzer

Last edited:
Hello all,

A rabid leftist has landed on these shores and is looking forward to hearing watcha all got to say about stuff.

I have, over many years, had as many disputes with those of a similar political bent as myself ( or who say they are :eusa_shifty: ) as I have with people on the othersides, so will not always confirm your suspicions about how I might view things.

Will have a mooch around and see what's happening amongst the nice folk of USMB if that's ok and then let my cat out of its bag

:bigboy:

:badgrin:

Thx for reading and , hopefully , enjoy the ride with me for as long as it lasts

Good Job !

Gday from Straya !

- : )

Hello all,

A rabid leftist has landed on these shores and is looking forward to hearing watcha all got to say about stuff.

I have, over many years, had as many disputes with those of a similar political bent as myself ( or who say they are :eusa_shifty: ) as I have with people on the othersides, so will not always confirm your suspicions about how I might view things.

Will have a mooch around and see what's happening amongst the nice folk of USMB if that's ok and then let my cat out of its bag

:bigboy:

:badgrin:

Thx for reading and , hopefully , enjoy the ride with me for as long as it lasts

That's a pessimistic forecast.. We've got a lot of folks who stuck it out here for 6 or 10 years.. You kinda get out of message boards what you put into it.. Welcome..

That's a pessimistic forecast.. We've got a lot of folks who stuck it out here for 6 or 10 years.. You kinda get out of message boards what you put into it.. Welcome..

Thx for the welcome

I think it's a realistic forecast. Remember everyone of your and my relationships ( and everybody here ) is temporary unless you want to believe in the afterlife.

I disagree that you necessarily get out of boards what you put in tbh. I think they are like life itself , where some people prosper without putting in anywhere near what some others may fall for.

There is also the security of being in the mainstream. This is where , as the name suggests , there is the security of airing views that will not lead others out of their comfort zones and thus not engender the negative responses that are sure to follow including the continuous reporting of posts in search of censorship.

There also unofficial clubs and forum cliques to add into the mix. The divine untouchability of the moderation squad etc etc

I hope to stay for some years to come but am aware of the above and how it will be a factor in whether that actually happens.

Either way thx for stopping by

There is also the security of being in the mainstream. This is where , as the name suggests , there is the security of airing views that will not lead others out of their comfort zones and thus not engender the negative responses that are sure to follow including the continuous reporting of posts in search of censorship.

I don't swim in the main channel.. Can't even see the banks from there... LOL...

Not a lot of censorship here. We allow flaming in the majority of forums IF IF IF the post contains some "topical value" to the title and topic.. And there are actually very few rules at USMB that even touch "illegal content"..

But we DO LIKE to have every thread be somewhat unique.. And that means enforcing "topic control" rather than "content control".. Entire mod staff would probably leave if we EVER had nebulous rules and algorithms and mods with "too much discretion" like the majority of major social media...

Leading people "out of their comfort zones" to THINK is a noble goal and accomplishment.. If you only lead them to "negative replies" -- it just does not end well... In life or on message boards..

Forum List

Back