Spielberg Remaking "West Side Story"

Maybe Spielberg can update the 50's musical gangs to heroin addicts, coke heads and drive by shootings. Wouldn't that be entertaining?

`
He wants to make it a politically correct version.

True. He said in an interview that was a primary goal.

I predict flop city.

Frankly, Billy_Kinetta, I don't think that Steve Spielberg's upcoming reboot/remake of the film version of West Side Story is going to be very good, either, but there's no way to stop it from coming. The least thing that the search engines could/should do is to give much more weight to the original 1961 film version of West Side Story. I've always been dead-set against reboots/remakes of great older classic movies, especially something such as West Side Story, and I plan on voting my pocketbook and boycotting Spielberg's reboot/remake of this great film(inotherwords, not going to see it, at all) when it hits the movie theatres at around Christmastime of this year)

`
He wants to make it a politically correct version.

True. He said in an interview that was a primary goal.

I predict flop city.

Frankly, Billy_Kinetta, I don't think that Steve Spielberg's upcoming reboot/remake of the film version of West Side Story is going to be very good, either, but there's no way to stop it from coming. The least thing that the search engines could/should do is to give much more weight to the original 1961 film version of West Side Story. I've always been dead-set against reboots/remakes of great older classic movies, especially something such as West Side Story, and I plan on voting my pocketbook and boycotting Spielberg's reboot/remake of this great film(inotherwords, not going to see it, at all) when it hits the movie theatres at around Christmastime of this year)

I would never try to stop it, nor do I expect to see it. Not a boycott, just no interest.

Some reboots are great. Battlestar Galactica was far superior to the original series.

They haven't gotten DUNE right yet, hence the upcoming remake.

Forum List

Back