Spider-Man out of the MCU...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Breaking: Spider-Man Out of the MCU: Marvel, Sony Can't Reach Deal - IGN

According to Deadline, Marvel Studios will not produce any further Spider-Man films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, due to an inability between Sony Pictures and Disney to reach new terms that would have given Disney a co-financing stake moving forward.

A dispute at the top levels of both companies has essentially resulted in Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige being nixed from future Spider-Man projects, according to Deadline. Disney had asked for a 50/50 co-financing agreement between the two studios on future Spider-Man films. Again according to Deadline's sources, Sony turned that offer down. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement similar to the terms that dictated the first two Spider-Man MCU films, such that Disney would only receive 5 percent of first dollar gross. Disney refused that deal.

I'm disappointed. Such a short run. Sony seems confident they can go it alone, but I'm not so sure. The current Spider-Man had an entire cinematic universe surrounding him. Do they pretend it never existed? :dunno:

According to Deadline, Marvel Studios will not produce any further Spider-Man films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, due to an inability between Sony Pictures and Disney to reach new terms that would have given Disney a co-financing stake moving forward.

A dispute at the top levels of both companies has essentially resulted in Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige being nixed from future Spider-Man projects, according to Deadline. Disney had asked for a 50/50 co-financing agreement between the two studios on future Spider-Man films. Again according to Deadline's sources, Sony turned that offer down. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement similar to the terms that dictated the first two Spider-Man MCU films, such that Disney would only receive 5 percent of first dollar gross. Disney refused that deal.

I'm disappointed. Such a short run. Sony seems confident they can go it alone, but I'm not so sure. The current Spider-Man had an entire cinematic universe surrounding him. Do they pretend it never existed? :dunno:
Aaron you check out the Boys yet?....well actually if you dont have Amazon Prime you may not be able too...

Aaron you check out the Boys yet?....well actually if you dont have Amazon Prime you may not be able too...

I let my Prime membership lapse, but I do plan on checking it out eventually. :thup:

The least they could do is agree to one more movie and have Dr. Octopus come back and squash him like a bug.

Apparently, they still have a couple more movies planned with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. It just won't take place in the MCU. They probably will crossover with Venom though, so that sounds a little promising.

I am not a fan of Disney involvement in the MCU...

As for Spidey, well I am not a true fan and more of a Hulk type...

No big deal I hear other studios are working on a different kind of Spiderman movie. "Spidey Does Dallas" is already in pre-production. You won't believe some of the things they think he can do with his web.

I let my Prime membership lapse, but I do plan on checking it out eventually. :thup:
saw the pilot and i liked it....quite different.....Umbrella Academy aint to bad either....

saw the pilot and i liked it....quite different.....Umbrella Academy aint to bad either....

Yeah, saw that in Netflixs and it was decent but the Tiffany song and them dancing just was wrong to me!

I started reading the Umbrella Academy comics, but took a break. What I did read was pretty good.

I started reading the Umbrella Academy comics, but took a break. What I did read was pretty good.
they are pretty strange.....the one that can communicate with the dead is just a die-hard drug addict...strange dude....

Forum List

Back