Spicer Threatens the Free Press

I see you are still too stupid to understand the difference between "altercation" and "accusation".

No one is denying the altercation took place.

Do you understand that?
So....you accuse Person A of being a pedophile...in public...in front of witnesses...and it's filmed. The news picks it up and reports the altercation in which you accused person A of being a pedophile. Now you or the person you accused can sue the news for reporting the altercation?

It is an interesting question of the law.

Morally speaking, spreading that type of poisonous rumor, with out ANY supporting evidence, is pretty vile and evil.

There is no doubt the media is vile scum. Whether they have crossed the line into illegality, I don't know.

Once AGAIN it isn't a 'rumor' --- it's recorded on video. Sean Spicer's publicist said he was 'taken aback by the incident'. How could he be taken aback if there was no incident?

Are you sitting here trying to tell us what's clearly on the video --- and acknowledged by Spicer's people --- did not happen?

Once AGAIN the story isn't what may or may not have happened in Spicer's prep school. The story is the guy who came in and yelled at him. There can be no dispute about that --- IT'S ON VIDEO.

NOt sure if you are being serious or just playing stupid

The rumor is that Spicer called someone a name.

The AP is spreading that accusation without any supporting evidence or sources at all.

That is vile of them. They are scum.

Your task, that you continually run away from, continues to be to show the class where the AP, or the originating site, "spread an accusation". You can't do it, because it's a fantasy you made up.

It's in the linked AP article from the OP. They gave the utterly and completely unsupported accusation national coverage.

Why are you dodging talking about the actual issue?

Except that that is not what the lawyer said. He said accusation, not altercation.

Are you insane?

Aaaaaaaaaaannnd we're right back to the question you couldn't answer last night, looking for different results.

That being: What "accusation" did the AP make?

Me, I'm not expecting different results. Reality doesn't work that way.

The bottom line remains --- you can't just stomp around suppressing real stories of real events with "legal actions" just because something happened you wish hadn't happened. Again --- reality doesn't work that way.

Why are you so terrified of reality?

They repeated the accusation that Spicer used the n-word when he was a child.

WRONG. They reported it. And duly attributed the accusation to the accuser with complete description. And there's nothing you can do to change that.

Neither AP nor Newport made an accusation at all. Lombard made the accusation. Again, the fact that he leveled that accusation is what we call a "fact". And again it's on VIDEO.

If I accuse you of being a dog fucker, how would you feel if the AP reported it on the national news feed?

Would that be reasonable of them, to put that out there, with noting to back it up?

The fact that you made the accusation would be a fact. PERIOD.

I couldn't sue the AP, nor would I want to. I would sue YOU.

And you would be fine, having it spread around the nation, that you are a dog fucker, with absolutely no reason to believe it is true?

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnd we're right back to the question you couldn't answer last night, looking for different results.

The bottom line remains --- you can't just stomp around suppressing real stories of real events with "legal actions" just because something happened you wish hadn't happened. Again --- reality doesn't work that way.

WRONG. They reported it. And duly attributed the accusation to the accuser with complete description. And there's nothing you can do to change that.

Neither AP nor Newport made an accusation at all. Lombard made the accusation. Again, the fact that he leveled that accusation is what we call a "fact". And again it's on VIDEO.

If I accuse you of being a dog fucker, how would you feel if the AP reported it on the national news feed?

Would that be reasonable of them, to put that out there, with noting to back it up?

And you would be fine, having it spread around the nation, that you are a dog fucker, with absolutely no reason to believe it is true?

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Sure I would. Because the AP didn't make the accusation ------------ YOU did. That's why you'd get sued. All the AP did was report the fact that you said it. There ain't nothing false about that if you did.

And in this case it's on video. You can't deny something happened when it's recorded and eyewitnessed. What the HELL is wrong with you?

What, you think you can just toss out slander and get away with it as long as nobody reports it? Is that how your planet works?

No Hunior, not on this one. Here you take responsibility for what YOU say. You don't just suppress the reporting that you said it.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Someone comes up to you in public with lots of witnesses and video and calls you a "dog fucker"....the nightly news plays the video. And you blame them?....not the person who called you that? Interesting thought processes you've got there, Comrade. :71:

Maybe in Russia you don't like the news reporting something you don't like even tho it really happened. But that's not how it works here in the US.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Sure I would. Because the AP didn't make the accusation ------------ YOU did. That's why you'd get sued. All the AP did was report the fact that you said it. There ain't nothing false about that if you did.

And in this case it's on video. You can't deny something happened when it's recorded and eyewitnessed. What the HELL is wrong with you?

What, you think you can just toss out slander and get away with it as long as nobody reports it? Is that how your planet works?

No Hunior, not on this one. Here you take responsibility for what YOU say. You don't just suppress the reporting that you said it.

1. No one is denying that the accusation took place. Please stop wasting my time.

2. Do you think that the media has some moral and/or professional responsibility to verify a vile rumor before spreading it around the world?

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Someone comes up to you in public with lots of witnesses and video and calls you a "dog fucker"....the nightly news plays the video. And you blame them?....not the person who called you that? Interesting thought processes you've got there, Comrade. :71:

Maybe in Russia you don't like the news reporting something you don't like even tho it really happened. But that's not how it works here in the US.

I blame them both. Both are assholes.

The media is also utterly betraying it's professional responsibility.

YOu can shove your red baiting up your ass.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

1. No one is denying that the accusation took place. Please stop wasting my time.

2. Do you think that the media has some moral and/or professional responsibility to verify a vile rumor before spreading it around the world?
They were reporting the event. And the event was this guy yelling accusations at Spicer. You just don't like that the AP reported something you don't like to hear. That's your only objection. If someone had done that to H. Clinton you'd be doing happy hand stands.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

They were reporting the event. And the event was this guy yelling accusations at Spicer. You just don't like that the AP reported something you don't like to hear. That's your only objection. If someone had done that to H. Clinton you'd be doing happy hand stands.

They violated their moral and professional responsibilities to check a rumor before spreading it around the world.

They are vile scum.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

They violated their moral and professional responsibilities to check a rumor before spreading it around the world.

They are vile scum.

And yet you still CAN'T show us where the AP "spread a rumor".

Must suck to be that impotent, yet unable to admit you took the wrong position in the first place.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

On the contrary, Spicer's attorney already did. He referred specifically to the AP story -- which was that a man walked in and started yelling accusations --- and called for it to be 'retracted'. Which retraction would, if they did so, be a lie. Because in fact a man *DID* walk in and start yelling accusations. As they described.

So in effect he's "ordering" the AP to lie under pain of "legal action". Which in the dearth of any news about such action presumably means he "legally" ordered lunch at Popeye's.

(insert pointless mountain of carriage returns here)

I don't think a "rumor" qualifies as news. The whole idea of journalism is that you verify independently that something DID take place.

But again that's not in play here. The action is that a man walked into a Spicer book signing and started yelling an accusation. Whelp --- he did indeed. It's on video. Period.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Quite possibly/

Refresher on repeating slander.

Liability for Repeating Defamatory Statement - Minc Law

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Quite possibly/

Once AGAIN --- and it's hard to believe y'all are this fucking stupid --- the story is that a man started yelling at Sean Spicer. WHICH HE DID. There is *****NO***** possible way to argue that didn't happen.

NONE. ZERO.

Whelp --- now that Monday has come and gone we can analyze what "appropriate legal action" was evidently taken by the Spicey attorney.

Nothing.

Oh and a quick search shows the same story was carried by:
  • The Moonie Times
  • The Blaze
  • USA Today
  • Heavy.com
  • The Guardian (UK)
  • Time Magazine
  • Newsweek Magazine
  • Mediaite
  • WISH-TV (Indianapolis); KFOX 14 (El Paso); Fox29 (South Florida) etc etc
  • NY Daily News
  • NY Post
  • Boingboing.net
  • 9News (Australia)
  • Sky News (UK)
  • The Santa Cruz Sentinel
--- none of whom as far as we know have/had been threatened with "legal action"

There ain't a damn thing in the world "unverified" about it. IT'S. ON. VIDEO. HELLLLOOOOO... :banghead:

There are dozens of eyewitnesses standing around who all saw and heard it. There's a security guard who escorts the guy out. THEY ALL SAW IT AND THEY ALL HEARD IT. It happened and there's no possible way to pretend it did not happen. Where exactly do you get the idea that you can simply deny some event that's recorded and witnessed?

Within my first link is reported:

>> A publicist for Spicer told the AP that the former press secretary was "taken aback" by the "outrageous" claim. <<​

Wanna essplain to the class exactly how Sean Spicer can be "taken aback" by a claim that "did not happen"? Hm?

Somehow I knew the Illiterati would be in to expose themselves on this.

Wait, wait, I get it. You're gonna tell us this whole video was photoshopped, right?

SMFH

I see you are still too stupid to understand the difference between "altercation" and "accusation".

Do you understand that?

Yeah I'm afraid Sean Spicer's attorney is declaring just that. Because that is the sum total of what the AP story --- and the story it quoted --- said.

READ it. That's exactly why I linked it in post number one.

To put this into tiny words, the altercation happened, the AP reported that the altercation happened, and Spicer's lawyer wants the story to NOT GET OUT. And he's threatening "legal" action to, in his verb "retract" the story -- which he can't do, and we know he can't do it.

But if he could he would have the AP come back and declare that this altercation --- which is already reported, witnessed and videoed --- did not happen, which would be a flat out LIE.

NOW do you understand? Or should I illustrate with Lego blocks?

Except that that is not what the lawyer said. He said accusation, not altercation.

Are you insane?

Exactly....no doubt attempting to smear him as in demonstrate he is a racist because he used the N word when he was l4 yrs. old which he denies.

Do you understand that?

Yeah I'm afraid Sean Spicer's attorney is declaring just that. Because that is the sum total of what the AP story --- and the story it quoted --- said.

READ it. That's exactly why I linked it in post number one.

To put this into tiny words, the altercation happened, the AP reported that the altercation happened, and Spicer's lawyer wants the story to NOT GET OUT. And he's threatening "legal" action to, in his verb "retract" the story -- which he can't do, and we know he can't do it.

But if he could he would have the AP come back and declare that this altercation --- which is already reported, witnessed and videoed --- did not happen, which would be a flat out LIE.

NOW do you understand? Or should I illustrate with Lego blocks?

Are you insane?

Exactly....no doubt attempting to smear him as in demonstrate he is a racist because he used the N word when he was l4 yrs. old which he denies.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

Quite possibly/

Once AGAIN --- and it's hard to believe y'all are this fucking stupid --- the story is that a man started yelling at Sean Spicer. WHICH HE DID. There is *****NO***** possible way to argue that didn't happen.

NONE. ZERO.

No....the story is that spicer used the N word. Ask yourself this....if hillary was at a book signing and some woman started yelling hillary is a lesbian...how do you think the media would have reported that?

What all this is reallly about is Journalism ethics.

"Journalism ethics and standards comprise principles of ethics and of good practice as applicable to the specific challenges faced by journalists. This subset of media ethics is widely known to journalists as their professional "code of ethics" or the "canons of journalism". The basic codes and canons commonly appear in statements drafted by both professional journalism associations and individual print, broadcast, and online news organizations.

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability, as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.

Like many broader ethical systems, journalism ethics include the principle of "limitation of harm". This often involves the withholding of certain details from reports such as the names of minor children, crime victims' names, racial identity of a suspect or information not materially related to particular news reports release of which might, for example, harm someone's reputation"

The key words to this story being the last 4 words 'harm someones reputation' which the media obviously did by repeating the racial accusation that Spicer used the n -word when he was l4 yrs. old.

Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia

Last edited:
So, it is the one with the thin veneer of legal cover, got it.

Why publish such a completely unverified accusation and possibly unverifiable accusation?

Answer: Because it serves the Left's ideological narrative.

They are fucking assholes.

There ain't a damn thing in the world "unverified" about it. IT'S. ON. VIDEO. HELLLLOOOOO... :banghead:

There are dozens of eyewitnesses standing around who all saw and heard it. There's a security guard who escorts the guy out. THEY ALL SAW IT AND THEY ALL HEARD IT. It happened and there's no possible way to pretend it did not happen. Where exactly do you get the idea that you can simply deny some event that's recorded and witnessed?

Within my first link is reported:

>> A publicist for Spicer told the AP that the former press secretary was "taken aback" by the "outrageous" claim. <<​

Wanna essplain to the class exactly how Sean Spicer can be "taken aback" by a claim that "did not happen"? Hm?

Somehow I knew the Illiterati would be in to expose themselves on this.

Wait, wait, I get it. You're gonna tell us this whole video was photoshopped, right?

SMFH

Do you understand that?
So....you accuse Person A of being a pedophile...in public...in front of witnesses...and it's filmed. The news picks it up and reports the altercation in which you accused person A of being a pedophile. Now you or the person you accused can sue the news for reporting the altercation?

It is an interesting question of the law.

Morally speaking, spreading that type of poisonous rumor, with out ANY supporting evidence, is pretty vile and evil.

There is no doubt the media is vile scum. Whether they have crossed the line into illegality, I don't know.

Once AGAIN it isn't a 'rumor' --- it's recorded on video. Sean Spicer's publicist said he was 'taken aback by the incident'. How could he be taken aback if there was no incident?....

The accusation they spread around the nation, is a rumor. Giving a lunatic a nation wide platform for his unsupported accusation was their choice and it is right that they be judged on it.

That you are pretending so hard to be confused by my point, is an obvious attempt to cowardly avoid addressing my point.

Do you think you are fooling anyone?

Are you insane?

And if the AP choose to give me a nation wide platform to spread my accusation that you are a dog fucker, would that be morally or professionally correct?

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

THe responsible thing for the AP to do, would have been to report the childhood classmate of Spicers made some accusations and threats and had to be escorted away be security.

Repeating the unsupported accusations in a nation wide release was professionally and morally unethical.

LOL!!!!

Sure you would.

The AP are vile scum.

They are vile scum.

And yet you still CAN'T show us where the AP "spread a rumor".

Must suck to be that impotent, yet unable to admit you took the wrong position in the first place.

Your willful blindness to my point, just makes you look really stupid.

Forum List

Back