Spicer Threatens the Free Press

Discussion in 'US Constitution' started by Pogo, Jul 29, 2018.

1. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +300
    The question of the hour is : Will spicer pursue legal action?

It is extremely difficult for a public figure even one who is now a private citizen to win a defamation case.

I imagine he is conferring with legal experts regarding whether or not he should pursue legal action. With the latest development of the claim made he used the n-word now being exposed for what it is....at best a trick.

I think he perhaps has a chance of winning a lawsuit...but I am no legal expert. But even if he loses he would be able to demonstrate how the media spreads fake news stories.

That would be huge, huge yes I say huge!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +44,769
    Cheeses, whatta piece o' work..........

We already *DID* that code of ethics, point-by-point, days ago, to which you had no response whatsoever.

Now you're actually sitting on this board trying to claim Sean Spicer, a former POTUS press secretary --- is a fucking "minor child"?

Perhaps that's why Lombard shouted it.
    .---- AND?
    That's got what to do with anybody reporting the incident?

Suppose one of those bystanders at the bookstore --- those other people clearly visible in the video --- related the story to his/her friends? Maybe put it on Facebook? Should they be "SUED" for relating a real thing that really happened?

"Why" what? Why did Lombard say it? Perhaps for the reason you just posted. Perhaps because it's a real event. Perhaps both, perhaps one and not the other. I wouldn't know, that's not my concern and it's NEVER been my concern. Go back and read POST NUMBER ONE and it just might dawn on you. Go check what forum this thread is in while you're at it.

There is no "Hartford Connecticut source", nor did I 'blame' anybody for anything outside of Bowie, the lawyer-boy.

There is a Newport Rhode Island source (not even the same state) and I simply told you where the video is after YOU maintained the AP put it out and I proved you wrong about that too.

Seriously, you're proposing to wax eloquent on finer points of journalism when you can't even follow the difference between "Hartford Connecticut" and "Newport Rhode Island" and are willing to lie about what's on a website?

See the "dissemination" part covered below.

By the way, it's no contest. Having been to both trust me, if given a choice you'd absolutely rather be in Newport. Hartford is what I call the Boil on New England's Bum.

Once AGAIN --- and you're deliberately avoiding this --- the accusation comes from Lombard. It does not come from the AP. It does not come from NewportRI.com. It does not come from "Duh Media". It comes from one guy who walks into a room. The messenger reporting that that guy walked in and said shit IS NOT THE ORIGINATOR OF THAT MESSAGE. They are what we call the "MESSENGER".

So once AGAIN we're back to the fact that YOU, and Bowie, and your ilk, simply don't want anybody to know that that guy walked in and said shit. Which has been the point here from, again, Post Number One -- suppression of the news.

Let's say there's a news story where Joe Bloggs crashes his car into a wall. The AP (or anybody) reports that "Joe Bloggs crashed his car into a wall". In your tiny little mind does that mean the AP caused the accident? If the accident was fatal did the AP "kill" him? You seem to want to pretend to have an abject inability to figure out who's doing the acting.

:banghead:

And once again --- the AP is a clearinghouse --- it doesn't write stories, it doesn't send reporters.it doesn't publish a newspaper. It POOLS stories reported by others. The word you're flailing for is disseminate, meaning to distribute, and that would be done by whatever entities that actually ARE news outlets, that do have TV stations or newspapers etc, choose to run. All the AP does is collect them into one place, where they sit to get picked or not. If nobody chooses to run a particular story-- it doesn't get "disseminated".

For example I got the story from TheHill.com. They in turn got it from AP, which in turn got it from the originating source, NewportRI.com.

In that instance TheHill is 'disseminating' it, and again I could have read the story or skipped it as uninteresting. And as already excruciatingly noted I would have completely passed on the story as meaningless except for the antics of Bowie-boy who wants to CONTROL THE NEWS. And if there's any lingering doubt that's what he's doing, look at the fact that he said nothing about the Newport originating source and targeted the pooling resource from which TheHill and the other sources pulled it.

Newport originated the story; AP pooled it. Yet Bowie-boy goes after the pool, not the originator. CLEARLY his concern is not with the content of the story --- "man walks in, says shit" --- but with how many people will find out about it. And that's controlling the news, plain and starkly simple.

Hence this thread about the First Amendment.

Once AGAIN -- That isn't part of the story. That's for Lombard to substantiate if he can. The story is, "man walks in, says shit". That's ALL there is. Whether the accusation is real or whether it's entirely made up has no bearing on the fact that Lombard said it. The investigation, if needed, into whether a claim can be substantiated would be, and already is, in the story's FOLLOWUP. In the moment of the action (which is the accusation in 2018 and not whatever happened 30 years ago) there's no evidence indicating either way. Lombard didn't provide any.

Holy SHIT you're dense.

That's the whole story, Dumbass. If you don't include the content of what Lombard said --- there IS no story. What, you think "at a book signing today a man walked in and said he'd been a classmate of Spicer's and Spicer greeted him with "oh hey, how ya doing" is a story?

I didn't want to turn a meaningless exchange into a story of muzzling a free press--- Bowie Boy did that. That's the only reason we're here.

You just proved my point. You want the news sanitized so that it won't disturb your sensibilities. Time to grow a pair Sprinkles. The news is not always unicorns and cake frosting, K? Might want to get out to K-Mart and ask them what aisle the Big Boy Pants are in.

They did EXACTLY that. Prove me wrong. Show us a screenshot of the AP page with a video on it.

Lying yet again.

It doesn't. And I demonstrated that. And you're STILL sitting here lying about it.

BULLSHIT. I "deleted" NOTHING. I put the AP story in POST NUMBER ONE and it's still there now, and it will continue to stay there..

STILL lying.

And now you're RE-confirming what I just noted above --- that your concern is not with "what happened" but with "how many people will find out about it". That means you're trying to COVER IT UP. Your own words here, jagoff.

That's the same link I posted in POST NUMBER ONE, Stupid. And again last night to prove the video isn't in it. Same thing, hasn't changed. It's been here the entire time.

And once AGAIN you re-confirm that your concern is with a coverup.

I've been noting this for FOUR DAYS. And you won't admit it.

Probably the nurse brought your meds at that point.

3. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,880
    dogespin.gif

4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,769
    That's up to him but if he pursues it the slander case would be against Lombard. Because he is the accuser.

What Bowie-Boy was intimating was that he would target the AP for daring to pass it on.

Which is, for the 7629th time, suppressing the news.
    And that's why all of this is a story at all, try as you may to deflect it. You don't get to fuck with my First Amendment.

Oh really. Come up with a credible source yet?

Once AGAIN you can't deny what's clearly RECORDED ON VIDEO.

Unless you're about to propose that the people in that video are all actors and Sean Spicer wasn't even there. You can't just sit on your ass and declare that what was videotaped, eyewitnessed and responded to, DIDN'T HAPPEN. That's self-delusion.

Thank you for not saying "Yuge".

5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,769
    Thank you for putting femtoseconds of work into a deep, incisive analysis of the salient points.

Profound. My head swims.