Spicer Threatens the Free Press

Discussion in 'US Constitution' started by Pogo, Jul 29, 2018.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,585
    Indeed.. That paper was NOT interested in writing a BALANCED story with all the historical context when they 1st disseminated the sliming video. It was only after Spicer "lawyered up" and they were getting out by other media sources.

The whole thing about B-bart "un-named sources" could VERY well be because the sources have ALREADY been contacted by Spicer's lawyer and this information is now waiting for "official court discovery"... If you plan on suing the libel and the paper for being complicit in the libel -- you do not want the sources identified at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,030

Are you truly this stupid? Why yes, yes you are. We KNOW that the asshole falsely accused Spicer at the bookstore you twit. We KNOW it was video taped. We also KNOW that the claim is false, and that the newspaper is apparently COMPLICIT in disseminating false accusations against Spicer you flaming idiot.

3. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,585
    Of course I do. B-Bart stated as FACT that the paper was asked for confirmation and refused to deny the allegation of their complicity. Media sources don't lie about their discussions with other media sources. That's STILL covered under the shrinking rules of ethical journalism.

Statement of fact -- they were ASKED TO COMMENT and refused.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +46,195
    AGAIN -- WRONG. There is a link to the AP's source, which is the original story page on NewportRI.com. On THAT page there's a video, with a warning. Which I already explained to your wangly ass. Needless to say the Associated Press has no control over what NewportRI.com embeds on its website.

That's what real journalism is supposed to do --- cite its sources. You know, like your Dimbart page couldn't, which is why it's not real journalism. If you need a refresher course go see that "journalistic ethics" list you posted.

So you wanna complain that AP followed journalistic ethics by citing where the story comes from. As I said, having it both ways: Priceless.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,195
    OK I may know you're being satirical here but we're in the presence of the dim. Just for their benefit, Dimbart is not exactly known for its, how shall we put it, 'ethics in journalism'. So if their word is all we have, that and four dollars might buy a coffee at Starbucks.

6. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,963

The AP is globalist propaganda, Goebbels would be proud.

I equate it with a steaming pile of dog doo, and give it the same consideration.

7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,195
    Oh do we now.

And how do we know the accusation was "false"? Were you too at the prep school that day along with Bobby Darin and these other USMB posters? I mean this group is getting quite large at this point, walking around with one of these guys all day...

Check.

Oh really.

And how do we "know" any of that? Because Dimbart suggested it and we'd like it to be true?

Say, I've got this bridge I need to sell....

8. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,195
    Yyyyeah um.... it's on video.

SEE ya.

9. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,585
    The AP IS NOT the problem. The Newport (DinkyTown) herald IS. The lawyer has NO ISSUES with all the other media reporting and responding. Because as i showed you --- MOST of the right wing and indie sources ONLY covered it. because the story was sketchy and weird journalism. Because the Newport paper focused on this incident WITHOUT any journalistic integrity to RESEARCH the background of this feud BEFORE they pushed the story nation-wide.

Here's what likely happened. Like with Allan Dershowitz getting death threats on Martha's Vineyard, ANYONE that associates with any pro-Trump angle gets an UNWELCOME mat laid out for them. DinkyTown heard Spicer was coming to their Blue Safe Space and plotted to blind side his book tour with a 40 year old school yard accusation by a felony crack cocaine user. And they just weren't interested in "journalism" at that point. Maybe now that Spicer has a lawyer -- they're getting more interested in the ACTUAL story..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,963
    Isn't it usually?