Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

You invlove yourself in this type of filth, this sick, unGodly, perverted situation and you get what you deserve. I have no sympathy for this guy adn hope he has to pay till this kid is grown. He never should have involved himself in such a perverse situation. Maybe this will deter other jackasses from participating in the corrupt family engineering experiments of the deviants.

Elsewhere, the point was made that the same law would apply to a heterosexual couple.

'with a doctor's supervision'/however it is stated. That is why there is a case.

They will go to court and receive a judgment, possibly appeal the judgment and maybe appeal it again. The child is now 2 years old and will certainly require some form of health care before this case is ever resolved.

I hope they find some way to help the child.

You invlove yourself in this type of filth, this sick, unGodly, perverted situation and you get what you deserve. I have no sympathy for this guy adn hope he has to pay till this kid is grown. He never should have involved himself in such a perverse situation. Maybe this will deter other jackasses from participating in the corrupt family engineering experiments of the deviants.

I'd rather have a child raised by lesbians than racist gun nuts...

In my former practice, I formed dozens of same sex families with children. Both male and female civil union partnerships adopted or had a surrogacy arrangement. As part of the adoption procedure where a civil union partner could NOT adopt, I included a legal guardianship to the other parent. A legal guardian can absolutely apply for public benefits on the child's behalf. A legal guardianship through the state court system makes the state a party to the proceedings and binds the state just like any other party.

These people were stupid. They got some donor agreement off the internet and though it would work. It didn't. I've looked at some of these donor agreements. They don't even have a hold harmless clause saying that if the donor were required to pay anything, the recipient would be obligated to pay that liability on the donor's behalf.

Stupidity is not a valid legal defense.

He is the father but this sort of thing will scare off all sperm donors everywhere.

FOX News - Top Stories - 'DAD' FIGHTS BACK: Sperm Donor to Battle Order to Pay Child Support

'Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM EST
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.

William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women's Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor's name so it could collect.

The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor's name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.

It shouldn't surprise me with some of the crap that goes on the left. This selfish, self asborbed, uncaring, ruthless lesbian team has someone kindly try to help them out, then they stab him in the back with no mercy because the state assistance isn't enough. Oh, they wanted a baby, but can't afford it, so sue the kind person who tried to help them. It's just gross all over.

He is the father but this sort of thing will scare off all sperm donors everywhere.

FOX News - Top Stories - 'DAD' FIGHTS BACK: Sperm Donor to Battle Order to Pay Child Support

A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.

William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women's Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor's name so it could collect.

The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor's name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.

It shouldn't surprise me with some of the crap that goes on the left. This selfish, self asborbed, uncaring, ruthless lesbian team has someone kindly try to help them out, then they stab him in the back with no mercy because the state assistance isn't enough. Oh, they wanted a baby, but can't afford it, so sue the kind person who tried to help them. It's just gross all over.

Yes. The state here is negligent as far as I am concerned for allowing these two miscreants to adopt as a single parent.

They actually did what they thought would legally absolve the donor of responsibility. Many times posters have tried to say that the contract should have been worded more specifically.

There is another thread in 'Law' that might provide additional insight. fwiw.

You should actuallly read the story instead of bloviating with your homophobia.

They specifically signed an agreement with him that absolved him from responsibility.

It's the state that's looking for money.

In my former practice, I formed dozens of same sex families with children. Both male and female civil union partnerships adopted or had a surrogacy arrangement. As part of the adoption procedure where a civil union partner could NOT adopt, I included a legal guardianship to the other parent. A legal guardian can absolutely apply for public benefits on the child's behalf. A legal guardianship through the state court system makes the state a party to the proceedings and binds the state just like any other party.

These people were stupid. They got some donor agreement off the internet and though it would work. It didn't. I've looked at some of these donor agreements. They don't even have a hold harmless clause saying that if the donor were required to pay anything, the recipient would be obligated to pay that liability on the donor's behalf.

Stupidity is not a valid legal defense.

I thought courts don't recognize private contracts between parents (or donor in this case)?

Forum List

Back